Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cinnie)
    Thanks Scary when I don't remember stuff. How are you?
    i can imagine it would be! i've never gone shopping and not remembered it, but i have definitely had crazy impulsive shopping urges that would not go away so i can kind of relate to how uncontrollable it can get

ups and downs - currently more downs than ups but ahhh well. it's like i'll be averaging ok throughout the day, just plodding along through life and then within like 30 seconds everything plummets again, and i'm back to how i was this time last year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    Hahahaha woooo! When is your graduation then?
    its also a giant bed and comfy

its 30th October! hoping its nice so photos on Plymouth Hoe will look amazing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubble999)
    Aww, you're so amazing :hugs: :hugs:

Been to freshers fayre today and bagged a load of freebies :mmm:
    As are you!! :hugs: :hugs:

Good ol' freebies! :teehee: I'm seeing society shenanigans tomozzle
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Yeah i'll send it all back when my meds have made my head is straight again. This isn't the first ime this has happened :hugs:
    At least you're not just stuck with it all then and you'll get your money back Is there any way you could put a spending limit on your card or something per day? :dontknow:

(Original post by PandaWho)
    so after about 4 months of sleeping on a matress on the floor, we will have a brand new bed as of next friday :woo: :party:
    finally got my meds so i wont get ill from not taking!
    guides tomorrow night and annoyingly enough im already becoming anxious over it
    Yay! And good Hopefully guides will be good! I'm meant to start back tomorrow and I need to decide what to do as need to let the leader know and I still haven't done it

(Original post by Porridge510)
    Thank you :hugs: how are you doing?
    I'm ok, tired and in quite a lot of pain still (got some kind of a chest infection I can't remember the name of) but other than that feel alrightish? Do you feel a bit better now that's all sorted? :hugs:

(Original post by guitaristemily)
    i have science tomorrow and i dont know if im doing practical or not but im hoping we dont becuase im already on edge and its gonna set me off. blah
    It might not necessarily involve fire even if you do end up doing practical? Or is there any way you could just not do it even if the rest of the class are? From memory with the science ISAs there was some way of doing the paper even if you didn't do the practical part, or you could ask the teacher if you could do one that doesn't involve fire as there's normally a choice...

ReputationRep:
    its also a giant bed and comfy

its 30th October! hoping its nice so photos on Plymouth Hoe will look amazing
    Haha double or even bigger? haha.

And that will be good! Only been down to Plymouth once and just went to the shopping bit which wasn't that nice tbh! The train journey going past Dawlish was amazing though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    It might not necessarily involve fire even if you do end up doing practical? Or is there any way you could just not do it even if the rest of the class are? From memory with the science ISAs there was some way of doing the paper even if you didn't do the practical part, or you could ask the teacher if you could do one that doesn't involve fire as there's normally a choice...
    the thing is 25% of my grade, and it goes all round this pracitcal. its impossible for me not to do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Team_McDreamy)
    i can imagine it would be! i've never gone shopping and not remembered it, but i have definitely had crazy impulsive shopping urges that would not go away so i can kind of relate to how uncontrollable it can get

ups and downs - currently more downs than ups but ahhh well. it's like i'll be averaging ok throughout the day, just plodding along through life and then within like 30 seconds everything plummets again, and i'm back to how i was this time last year
    I know how you feel. Try to remember that treating your body well should help even if slightly, regular meals , light exercise ect xx

ReputationRep:
    At least you're not just stuck with it all then and you'll get your money back Is there any way you could put a spending limit on your card or something per day? :dontknow:

That's a good idea i'll look into that - thanks
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    the thing is 25% of my grade, and it goes all round this pracitcal. its impossible for me not to do it.
    There are usually several different practicals you can do though, so if you explain to your teacher they might be able to pick the one that's best for you. I'm sure I also remember a section on the front of the paper for the teacher to fill in if the student didn't actually do the practical, and GCSE practicals are normally done in groups anyway aren't there? So you shouldn't have to be too actively involved in the part you don't like.

That's a good idea i'll look into that - thanks
    No idea if it's actually a thing, but yeah- good luck!

ReputationRep:
    There are usually several different practicals you can do though, so if you explain to your teacher they might be able to pick the one that's best for you. I'm sure I also remember a section on the front of the paper for the teacher to fill in if the student didn't actually do the practical, and GCSE practicals are normally done in groups anyway aren't there? So you shouldn't have to be too actively involved in the part you don't like.
    its a controlled assmesnt, so i cant get out of it. and i dont think there is more than one for this one. ugh. im scared.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IDukem)
    Good ol' freebies! :teehee: I'm seeing society shenanigans tomozzle
    im tempted to go to Bath uni freshers fair on friday for freebies haha

Yay! And good Hopefully guides will be good! I'm meant to start back tomorrow and I need to decide what to do as need to let the leader know and I still haven't done it
    yeah, should be good, but the room is always roasting, and i constantly sweat like a pig and it makes me even more anxious!
    you can do it, i promise :yep:
    i need to get a wiggle on with my queens guide, though i did do some planning for meetings after half term the other day, just waiting on my brother or his girlfriend to get back to me about it

(Original post by WelshBluebird)
    Haha double or even bigger? haha.

And that will be good! Only been down to Plymouth once and just went to the shopping bit which wasn't that nice tbh! The train journey going past Dawlish was amazing though.
    bigger its a king size bed so its iwder than the matress we have, but slightly shorter, as the boyf is 6'8" so we had a 7foot bed, but well just put some boxes at the end or something.

shopping in plymouth is bloody awful! Drake Circus is the only half decent place there. but my graduation os just down from the hoe which looks our right over the sound (part of the sea) thats my favorite part of the uk is that section of the train line, i ALWAYS take photos as its amazing. its also my fave part of Devon hands down

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel. Try to remember that treating your body well should help even if slightly, regular meals , light exercise ect xx
    yeah, i know what you mean it's just really hard to treat my body nicely when it's my body that's upsetting me the most

ReputationRep:
    im more excited about the bed than i am about graduation!
    so ****ing excited!
    Oh, you gor a bed! Finally! I am very happy for you! Just imagine how awesome graduation is after a night in a proper bed. Although your poor boyfriend, being too short for the bed.

its a controlled assmesnt, so i cant get out of it. and i dont think there is more than one for this one. ugh. im scared.
    I am sure you can explain, that you are scared for that particular step and when you show, that you can do the other parts, then I am pretty sure, they will find a solution.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    J
    Just ask and they might be able to sort something out- if you don't ask they definitely won't

yeah, should be good, but the room is always roasting, and i constantly sweat like a pig and it makes me even more anxious!
    you can do it, i promise :yep:
    i need to get a wiggle on with my queens guide, though i did do some planning for meetings after half term the other day, just waiting on my brother or his girlfriend to get back to me about it
    Ah not good then But I'll be on my own and it's kind of awkward/scary Ooh, I meant to PM you about that... Will do it in a sec

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Team_McDreamy)
    yeah, i know what you mean it's just really hard to treat my body nicely when it's my body that's upsetting me the most
    I know hun. Remember your body is just the vessel you need to keep your life going - you need to treat it well. It's not a place to take out your emotional struggles. Trust me I know it's hard xxx

ReputationRep:
    Ah not good then But I'll be on my own and it's kind of awkward/scary Ooh, I meant to PM you about that... Will do it in a sec
    theres so much support through girlguiding, i promise, if your not happy with that unit, go to another. will be a shame to lose you!
    ok, happy to help if i can

(Original post by Nathanielle)
    Oh, you gor a bed! Finally! I am very happy for you! Just imagine how awesome graduation is after a night in a proper bed. Although your poor boyfriend, being too short for the bed.
    im so excited for a bed! haha hopefully get such a good nights sleep that first night, though knowing my luck ill fall out of bed
    haha hes used to it

ReputationRep:
    im tempted to go to Bath uni freshers fair on friday for freebies haha
    I won't be at la Spa on friday :mmm: You should, you may be running out of pens :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    I know hun. Remember your body is just the vessel you need to keep your life going - you need to treat it well. It's not a place to take out your emotional struggles. Trust me I know it's hard xxx
    thats true, hard to put those words into action though
    Spoiler:
    Show
    also doesn't help that a lot of my friends are on the 'larger' size and so whenever i try and tell them about how I'm struggling they dismiss it automatically because I'm smaller than them so therefore I'm making a fuss out of nothing

ReputationRep:
    Ok so I am now being stupid and getting nervous on going out with a friend and her friends (I know about 2 others who are going too). Why the hell? I will enjoy it, so why am I nervous? Think its more the fact we are going to my friends house first, but I wish I wasn't so silly when it comes to things like this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IDukem)
    I won't be at la Spa on friday :mmm: You should, you may be running out of pens :giggle:
    Spas an effort to get to though Rory's at the Uni freshers fair on friday, so i can go and get lots of free stuff!
    hahaha i rarely get pens!
    last fair i went to i got loads of spoons vouchers that lasted us ages! socks, flip flops, fredge magnets haha

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 24, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.