ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Lol yeah, you look up to visualise what you ate so it's harder to remember
    Funny how we need to move our eyes to think :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Funny how we need to move our eyes to think :rolleyes:
    It's very interesting. Ears for sounds.

Downwards for feelings apparently though a bit sceptical about that one.

ReputationRep:
    It's very interesting. Ears for sounds.

Downwards for feelings apparently though a bit sceptical about that one.
    I think it's odd too how different people do this in different ways
    For example whenever I walk somewhere I stare at the floor
    And if I'm thinking in a lesson I stare at the ceiling or at a person

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Here's a way to mind**** someone. Tell them to look at you in the eyes, and they aren't allowed to look away / break eye contact. Then ask them what they had for lunch yesterday

From my experience, keyboards are a bad substitute and nothing can beat the feel of a proper piano. If you ever get to play on a Bosendorfer, my god, I probably wouldn't have stopped if I had a Bosendorfer
    Learn the electric guitar :beard: you can get a good one for the same price as a keyboard
    I'd only learn the electric guitar if you can play songs that you like on it though, i.e. you listen to rock etc.
    Yeah keyboards are a bit ****e. Guitar looks really hard to play though. Have a mate who started playing guitar to impress a girl who turned out to be a lesbian so might see if I can get it cheap off him:rofl:.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

If I get into Cambridge I'm going to try and get onto the MIT exchange!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dude, MIT is ridiculous. I was there for 7 weeks as part of an accelerator program and everyday was brutal. We had business lectures from 9-6pm three days a week then we had to continue to work on our companies from 7pm - 2am.

The guys who were doing STEM programs had a problem set to do virtually every day and were up as much as we were. But, if you are still sane Boston is an amazing city to explore. We regularly went to China town, the science museum, and a lot of downtown - that's just scratching the surface.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Here's a way to mind**** someone. Tell them to look at you in the eyes, and they aren't allowed to look away / break eye contact. Then ask them what they had for lunch yesterday

From my experience, keyboards are a bad substitute and nothing can beat the feel of a proper piano. If you ever get to play on a Bosendorfer, my god, I probably wouldn't have stopped if I had a Bosendorfer
    Learn the electric guitar :beard: you can get a good one for the same price as a keyboard
    I'd only learn the electric guitar if you can play songs that you like on it though, i.e. you listen to rock etc.
    Not always man, I have a korg keyboard and it is beautiful. The keys are all real wood and have a nice action to them. Some keyboards even have hammers that hit pressure sensors to emulate the real thing. It's pretty cost effective if you don't have the cash to splash on a real upright or grand.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Dude, MIT is ridiculous. I was there for 7 weeks as part of an accelerator program and everyday was brutal. We had business lectures from 9-6pm three days a week then we had to continue to work on our companies from 7pm - 2am.

The guys who were doing STEM programs had a problem set to do virtually every day and were up as much as we were. But, if you are still sane Boston is an amazing city to explore. We regularly went to China town, the science museum, and a lot of downtown - that's just scratching the surface.
    Shiyeeeet, that sounds amazing though.

China town would be awesome too, practise some Mandarin. Gah, I want to gooo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    Yeah keyboards are a bit ****e. Guitar looks really hard to play though. Have a mate who started playing guitar to impress a girl who turned out to be a lesbian so might see if I can get it cheap off him:rofl:.
    Haha man that's damn hilarious :rofl: it's a bit different to playing the piano - your hands are doing different things, but it's really fun!

Not always man, I have a korg keyboard and it is beautiful. The keys are all real wood and have a nice action to them. Some keyboards even have hammers that hit pressure sensors to emulate the real thing. It's pretty cost effective if you don't have the cash to splash on a real upright or grand.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah, bit hasty of me - but I've never heard of a keyboard with hammers?! I shall investigate this later :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Haha man that's damn hilarious :rofl: it's a bit different to playing the piano - your hands are doing different things, but it's really fun!

Ah, bit hasty of me - but I've never heard of a keyboard with hammers?! I shall investigate this later :holmes:
    Quite sad actually, he thought he was making some serious ground but it was not be:lol:. I'm useless at doing anything with my left hand so not sure how that'd work out on a guitar but I'm two footed, a pointless skill considering I don't play football.

ReputationRep:
    Quite sad actually, he thought he was making some serious ground but it was not be:lol:. I'm useless at doing anything with my left hand so not sure how that'd work out on a guitar but I'm two footed, a pointless skill considering I don't play football.
    There's something called 'practice' :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    There's something called 'practice' :rolleyes:
    I can't even write readable English with it though it's beyond being able to improve with practice:lol:

ReputationRep:
    I can't even write readable English with it though it's beyond being able to improve with practice:lol:
    It's never beyond practice mate

Start doing things like brushing your teeth and opening doors with your left hand

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    It's never beyond practice mate

Start doing things like brushing your teeth and opening doors with your left hand
    Alright, I'll give it a try

ReputationRep:
    Alright, I'll give it a try
    It'll take time but you'll start to develop control over it... Or maybe you actually are beyond practice because it's the price to pay for being two footed?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obiejess)
    I've decided I'm going to learn gutitar

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good on you! Acoustic or electric?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Good on you! Acoustic or electric?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Acoustic at first, but then I'll try electric as soon as I can afford one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Trying not to be jealous... always wanted a proper Korg keyboard. Was going to buy a microKorg last year but realised I probably wouldn't ever use it. :lol:

(Original post by Obiejess)
    Acoustic at first, but then I'll try electric as soon as I can afford one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Learning acoustic first makes electric seem so much easier when you start. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    So 2014 is over soon, it feels like a year completely wasted:lol:.

ReputationRep:
    I'm only 18 but I can't wait to be 23!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So 2014 is over soon, it feels like a year completely wasted:lol:.
    Worst year

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.