Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Thread XXII watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    This. I can't see any situation where i'd ever want Liverpool to win a football match.
    1995, last day of the season (you probably don't remember or weren't around)
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    1995, last day of the season (you probably don't remember or weren't around)
    Nah if Blackburn drew and we won our game we'd have won the title on GD.

I would accept not winning the league if it meant Liverpool didn't finish in the top four.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Nah if Blackburn drew and we won our game we'd have won the title on GD.

I would accept not winning the league if it meant Liverpool didn't finish in the top four.
    Wow, that's pretty pathetic tbh, not going to lie.

The complete definition of cutting off your nose to spite your face

ReputationRep:
    omg it might actually happen

ReputationRep:
    Salty is becoming overused.

I don't know why but I like Arsenal, out of the top teams, I'd want them over anyone else to do well (Unless you count the Saints as a top team)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)

Frankly don't see how that deserves punishment over the way your salty fans spoke about the Chelsea fans on here the other night. That inferiority complex starting to rear it's ugly head again.
    If you had reported abuse aimed towards you then I'm sure it would have been dealt with accordingly. If the abuse is directed at an individual (like yours was at me) it is ban worthy, calling an entire group scum (99.9999% of whih don't post on here) may be immature but it's not directed at anyone in particular.

In the last few weeks there's been numerous incidents of racism by your fans and having been on trains back from London with them after they've played, they can be quite aggressive (most drunk football fans are after a game if they've lost but that doesn't excuse hurling abuse at commuters)

Let me put it this way, if all Chelsea fans acted like a select number of them fans do on this thread, there would be reason to believe that all Chelsea fans were scum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    If you had reported abuse aimed towards you then I'm sure it would have been dealt with accordingly. If the abuse is directed at an individual (like yours was at me) it is ban worthy, calling an entire group scum (99.9999% of whih don't post on here) may be immature but it's not directed at anyone in particular.

In the last few weeks there's been numerous incidents of racism by your fans and having been on trains back from London with them after they've played, they can be quite aggressive (most drunk football fans are after a game if they've lost but that doesn't excuse hurling abuse at commuters)

Let me put it this way, if all Chelsea fans acted like a select number of them fans do on this thread, there would be reason to believe that all Chelsea fans were scum.
    Shots fired.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)

I don't know why but I like Arsenal, out of the top teams, I'd want them over anyone else to do well (Unless you count the Saints as a top team)

haha, it isn't overused, Shed just uses it in literally every post he puts on here, no one elses uses it really.

It reminds of the last episode of Sherlock and that Louis Theroux documentary on Scientology, where the guys thought he knew all the phrases that would get under peoples skin and piss them off (in the Louis Theroux documentary the Scientologist guy knew that calling Louis a bigot got him mad, so would call him it in every sentence until Louis ended up losing it screaming and foaming at the mouth).

I'm guessing Shed thinks the same thing will happen on here by using the term salty and bringing up inferiority complex.

ReputationRep:
    When did salty come to mean what it means when Shed says it anyway? Got to be a relatively new phenomena...

ReputationRep:
    If we beat Liverpool we'll be 9 points ahead of them LOOOL

ReputationRep:

Nah only one person is using it, and not many people pay attention to him.

Probably because Arsenal play honest, good passing football, without resorting to diving, spitting, kicking or stamping. Most neutrals I have spoken to prefer Arsenal, followed by Liverpool, followed by City, then United then Chelsea.

ReputationRep:

Perhaps because they haven't had the success (bar FA Cup), as much as the other teams (excluding Liverpool) and as a result you feel some pity for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    Perhaps because they haven't had the success (bar FA Cup), as much as the other teams (excluding Liverpool) and as a result you feel some pity for them.
    haha if that was the case we'd all probably want United to do the quadruple considering the torrid 18 months they had.

Probably more to do with trying to play good football whilst having chain of authority that doesn't feel the need to sack their manager after 3 or 4 poor results.

ReputationRep:
    Guys how does the new Uefa Champions league system work? If we come 2nd we are in the second pot or third pot if we come 3rd? That means more groups of death?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numan786)
    Guys how does the new Uefa Champions league system work? If we come 2nd we are in the second pot or third pot if we come 3rd? That means more groups of death?
    Pot A is holders + winners of top 7 leagues. Other pots follow old coefficient ruling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Pot A is holders + winners of top 7 leagues. Other pots follow old coefficient ruling
    hmm I'd prefer my way as it would be more interesting but where would we be then? Second pot I'd assume?

ReputationRep:
    Beats pretending you're the voice of correctness and everything you say is right.

He's a club icon, or did you not know that?
    Never claimed I was the voice of correctness or that everything I say is right. I've been shown to be wrong plenty of times on this thread and will continue to be i imagine.

Yes he's a club icon, no he is not the voice of arsenal fans and he's certainly not the voice of reason/logic. He talks *******s most of the time...

ReputationRep:
    Alright kids, play time is over.

Shed, stop coming into this thread just to wind up the Arsenal fans, by all means have a conversation about their club, upcoming games, squad etc. but coming in here just to wum is the exact thing a 12 year old would do. It doesn't make you seem funny or clever.

Arsenal fans, don't rise to it. Of course he'll feel untouchable when his team should have every competition nailed on, so obviously he'll get pissy when any of Chelsea's shortfalls are mentioned.

All this leads to is a ridiculous willy waving competition which usually follows the guidelines of 'hurrdurr Arsenal win nothing' & 'hurrdurr Chelski no history'. It's just tedious & so predictable

ReputationRep:
    Says the Leeds fan

ReputationRep:
    Says the Leeds fan
    We had more history than you until the Russian moved in

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.