Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    I thought we played well generally but didn't do enough to win.

Balotelli held the ball up well, worked hard and made some decent runs but his passing and decision making is pretty poor.
    Sterling and Coutinho played very well. Ran with the ball with purpose and looked lively.
    Henderson seemed a little anonymous?
    Johnson defended well but was poor in attack - which is a little odd for him?
    Moreno defended well too. Skrtel was alright too - glad he didn't react to Costa
    Mignolet and Lovren were poor on the ball, with their passing and decision making. I feel bad for Toure who should've started over Lovren on that showing.

Chelsea have all their players in their peak - between 25 and 30 (with a few outliers). It's always been their model but Liverpool have had to adopt a different model so more of our players are more like 20-25 with a few outliers. Chelsea were just bigger, stronger, faster, more clinical and more in control.
    He has always been poor in attack, his defending was good today but he could of tracked back for Chelsea's second goal to help out Coutinho but he decided to jog back as usual.

Lovren was terrible though, Toure has to start ahead of him, defence looks much more organised with the latter leading it. Rodgers is pretty much exemplifying the definition of the term "insanity".

ReputationRep:
    Well it's probably best that the international break has come now. Sturridge should be back after the international break.

Crystal Palace (A)
    Ludo Razgd (A)
    Stoke (H)
    Leicester (A)
    Sunderland (H)
    Basel (H)

We basically need to go on a 6 match winning streak when we come back before the Man Utd game at Old Trafford.

ReputationRep:
    Rodgers got a lot of **** from the media for his team he put out against Madrid, he denies that he put out a weakened team to rest certain players. Today he just proved the media right xD

ReputationRep:
    Well it's probably best that the international break has come now. Sturridge should be back after the international break.

Crystal Palace (A)
    Ludo Razgd (A)
    Stoke (H)
    Leicester (A)
    Sunderland (H)
    Basel (H)

We basically need to go on a 6 match winning streak when we come back before the Man Utd game at Old Trafford.
    essentially, yes.
    all of those game should be wins, especially with sturridge.
    a few weeks back i would've been nervous about leicester away but they've dropped off.

rodgers is aready under pressure; if we go out of CL and lose any of those PL games, he'll be in peril.
    although personally i think it's stupid for some fans to even consider sacking him, same with LVG; we haven't even played half a season yet...

ReputationRep:
    did mcnair just get injured?
    do united have ANY centre backs in their squad that are fit...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    did mcnair just get injured?
    do united have ANY centre backs in their squad that are fit...?
    Smallings fit ....

ReputationRep:
    Luis Suarez bags two awesome assist against Almeriah or something.

Top man
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Lovren needs to be taken out of the firing line imho. He's clearly so low on confidence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    love commentators talking about how "impregnable" chelsea are.
    yeah, only when they have cahill in goal too...
    I don't see the difference between that hand ball and the hand ball on Moreno in the first half. Both players tried making their body smaller by putting their arms near their body (Moreno succeeded by blocking his chest with his arm). If that Moreno hand ball wasn't a penalty, then that Cahill hand ball wasn't a penalty either. His hands movement didn't make him a larger obstacle, he tried to move his arms out of the way and make himself a smaller obstacle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnharM)
    I don't see the difference between that hand ball and the hand ball on Moreno in the first half. Both players tried making their body smaller by putting their arms near their body (Moreno succeeded by blocking his chest with his arm). If that Moreno hand ball wasn't a penalty, then that Cahill hand ball wasn't a penalty either. His hands movement didn't make him a larger obstacle, he tried to move his arms out of the way and make himself a smaller obstacle.
    Lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    He has always been poor in attack, his defending was good today but he could of tracked back for Chelsea's second goal to help out Coutinho but he decided to jog back as usual.

Lovren was terrible though, Toure has to start ahead of him, defence looks much more organised with the latter leading it. Rodgers is pretty much exemplifying the definition of the term "insanity".
    What are you on about? At his peak, Johnson was what a modern fullback should be. Athletic, quick, and got up and down that right flank.

He's lost that extra 10% he had and now he just looks more average, which is a massive shame.

(Original post by Lúcio)
    essentially, yes.
    all of those game should be wins, especially with sturridge.
    a few weeks back i would've been nervous about leicester away but they've dropped off.

rodgers is aready under pressure; if we go out of CL and lose any of those PL games, he'll be in peril.
    although personally i think it's stupid for some fans to even consider sacking him, same with LVG; we haven't even played half a season yet...
    All look winnable on paper and agree that we should win if Sturridge is fit for them. Did Costa look that amazing today? Only in parts and then he was clinical - like Sturridge is for us.

(Original post by ShotsFired-9941)
    Luis Suarez bags two awesome assist against Almeriah or something.

Top man
    Who cares? He's not a Liverpool player.

ReputationRep:
    All look winnable on paper and agree that we should win if Sturridge is fit for them. Did Costa look that amazing today? Only in parts and then he was clinical - like Sturridge is for us.
    they do, although our last run of "easy" games looked winnable and we all know what happened there...

costa was meh.
    skrtel handled him pretty well over the course of the game imo, but he's just one of those players that still manages to get a goal - all you can do is hope to limit him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Rofl. Southampton aren't getting 4th. It's like when Tottenham were 2nd or 3rd with 9 points and people actually thought they'd do well this season.
    It's only November and their next fixtures are: Villa City Arsenal United Burnley Everton Palace Chelsea Arsenal and United in that order. How many points do you actually think Soton are going to get from that? The only big games they've played so far this season were against Liverpool and Tottenham which they both lost.

Also off topic but I think Rodgers is pants.
    Well we shall see from the next 8 games, as I am also cynical about their chances. But they've done enough for me - combined with the rubbish form from the other teams - to at least be in the reckoning. The teams contending that spot look so poor. 25 points from 11 games is outstanding, and if they can reach 36 after 19, they've got every chance as they will have a ~7 points cushion on the likes of Liverpool, United, Spurs, Everton you would imagine. That's 3 wins, 2 draws and 3 losses type of form which puts them to 36 points. At which point a 30 point 2nd half of season could see 66 points get 4th. It's not unfeasible, as i would expect 4th to probably achieve 68 points this season.

Do I think they could do it? Yes. Do I think they will? No. But they actually have a chance, especially with other clubs alongside them being so bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    love commentators talking about how "impregnable" chelsea are.
    yeah, only when they have cahill in goal too...

EDIT: Already sent it, damn it.

ReputationRep:

Lol

ReputationRep:

Both tried and only one succeeded. Couldn't be more obvious answer

ReputationRep:
    What are you on about? At his peak, Johnson was what a modern fullback should be. Athletic, quick, and got up and down that right flank.

He's lost that extra 10% he had and now he just looks more average, which is a massive shame.
    I'm not talking about his peak though, that was a couple or more seasons ago, he is past it. There's a reason why he wasn't offered a new contract, yet he is still getting games over Manquillo who puts in a better shift than him?

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea have all their players in their peak - between 25 and 30 (with a few outliers). It's always been their model but Liverpool have had to adopt a different model so more of our players are more like 20-25 with a few outliers. Chelsea were just bigger, stronger, faster, more clinical and more in control.
    From whoscored for this game (Liverpool left Chelsea right):

(6.7) 6.8 Average Ratings 7.4 (6.9)
    26 Average Age 26.3
    181.6 Average Height (cm) 184.2

Not sure you can argue the age thing over a .3 difference

ReputationRep:
    http://www.caughtoffside.com/2014/11...fer-disasters/

Scouts have been sacked and rightly so but Rodgers needs to take blame aswell.

ReputationRep:

Who cares? He's not a Liverpool player.
    Luis Suarez was the Messiah who resurrected this club from the europa gutter it resided in.

That and he is a liverpool fan

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 4, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.