Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I know why I don't really have many friends, its because i'm too harsh on people, when they do something I deem as wrong (even if it isn't) I often get quite annoyed and who would want to be friends with someone who is very critical? I think I am quite harsh because I don't have many people to talk to and so rely on those few people to be good friends and not annoy me all the time, although they fail at that I don't think I am always wrong and people genuinely do piss me off, but I need to find a balance.

Somehow I need to figure out a way to be less harsh on people and not think the worst of them. This will only happen if people give me a reason to think good of them, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CescaD96)
    We all need reminders once in a while.

Ok, me. Yeah, I'm done. I'm so fed up of feeling horrible, tired and useless. I had a breakdown yesterday in school, was sent home at 10.30am. I had an emergency doctors appointment and they've taken me off the sertraline and I'm finding out my new antidepressant on Thursday. I'm freaking out about exams. I'm feeling very sick. I nearly fainted a few hours ago in the supermarket after eating because I'm making myself eat even though I'm not hungry. I feel like tonight I will have proper insomnia and I have a class dinner tomorrow evening and I'm freaking out and don't want to go and I can't get out of it.
    Damn, that sounds like you have a hell of a lot going on, sorry to hear that. :console:

It took me 9 antidepressants before I found one that worked for me, so I know how frustrating it can be changing them around. But hopefully this will be the one that helps you.

Could you try eating high calorie things just so you're getting enough calories even when you're not feeling hungry?

Good luck with the class dinner (that sounds horrendous!). Do you have any friends you can attach yourself to while you're there?

ReputationRep:
    had a good evening out went to the Little Theatre Cinema in Bath (it's like a nice small indy/alternative cinema) to watch the new Russell Brand film's premiere, was really good and they streamed a live Q&A with him & the director after as well bumped into people I know through local politics as well aha which was nice, now home for pizza with my girlfriend!
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Damn, that sounds like you have a hell of a lot going on, sorry to hear that. :console:

It took me 9 antidepressants before I found one that worked for me, so I know how frustrating it can be changing them around. But hopefully this will be the one that helps you.

Could you try eating high calorie things just so you're getting enough calories even when you're not feeling hungry?

Good luck with the class dinner (that sounds horrendous!). Do you have any friends you can attach yourself to while you're there?
    I'm just so tired. I just hate the insomnia. And eating is such a struggle. It sometimes makes me feel worse.
    I have one serious friend in the class and he is dreading it as much as me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CescaD96)
    I'm just so tired. I just hate the insomnia. And eating is such a struggle. It sometimes makes me feel worse.
    I have one serious friend in the class and he is dreading it as much as me.
    Have you considered asking for mirtazapine (unless you've already tried it)? It can help with both sleeping and appetite.

At least you have each other I guess, although I know that's still not great. Hope it goes better than you expect.

ReputationRep:
    Not safe.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    fml cant do it. don't want to be safe just don't want anything can feel stuff all over me and hurting and cant do this anymore

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScaryScience)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    fml cant do it. don't want to be safe just don't want anything can feel stuff all over me and hurting and cant do this anymore
    want to pop some bloons with me if you can't sleep? should practice by yourself first, it's quite entertaining! (and distracting) - tell me if you want a link :p: [some stupid browser game]

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    he's going to get me hes going to get me

ReputationRep:
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Have you considered asking for mirtazapine (unless you've already tried it)? It can help with both sleeping and appetite.

At least you have each other I guess, although I know that's still not great. Hope it goes better than you expect.
    No I haven't and I have the doctors tomorrow so I might see if I can get it.

ReputationRep:
    AHHHHHH I'M 21!!! :gah: :rock: :jive:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    discharged from hospital!

ReputationRep:
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by IDukem)
    AHHHHHH I'M 21!!! :gah: :rock: :jive:
    Happy birthday!

(Original post by Noodlzzz)
    discharged from hospital!
    Yay!

ReputationRep:
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Just can't.

ReputationRep:
    Feel so awful today already

ReputationRep:
    I'm feeling incredibly fatigued, it's unreal.
    I often hesitate to tell people how I feel, because I think I fear that people will judge me for it. The most common response from a family member is "What have you got to be depressed/stressed about" with little awareness of how complex such an emotion is. It shocks me how my family shrugs off what I say to them about how I feel sometimes.
    Just think it's one of those days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily.97)
    I'm feeling incredibly fatigued, it's unreal.
    I often hesitate to tell people how I feel, because I think I fear that people will judge me for it. The most common response from a family member is "What have you got to be depressed/stressed about" with little awareness of how complex such an emotion is. It shocks me how my family shrugs off what I say to them about how I feel sometimes.
    Just think it's one of those days.
    It sucks that your family lack any understanding for mental health :console: You're one of many who have to suffer this, sad as it is. I know there are others here who have the same problem.

Are any of your friends understanding and supportive? :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meaty_man)
    It sucks that your family lack any understanding for mental health :console: You're one of many who have to suffer this, sad as it is. I know there are others here who have the same problem.

Are any of your friends understanding and supportive? :hugs:
    Meh. I try not to depend on the understanding of others too much.

I dont have any friends. Last friend I had I now only see about twice a year.

ReputationRep:
    Peer Support Volunteers
    On my way to sixth form after taking the morning off. Feel tired, ill and very tense. Not really wanting to go in. Feels wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Just want to curl up in bed. Came back to room from the library to bring out some stuff and eat only to read an email regarding accommodation for next year and ending up stressed out and worrying about which room I will be able to get since we get to choose tomorrow and I haven't managed to print anything or eat yet and I supposed to be meeting a friend and getting some work done since she is having MH issues at the minute and it's all getting to me a bit.
    Might see if I can see my tutor about it but a lot of it is just stress about exams and there's not really much he can do about that.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 19, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.