Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meek99)
    I achieved CCC at AS. I still want to apply for medicine- do you think I should? any chance to get in?
    Someone got 4 offers with BBCD so i'm sure u can get offers also

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy•)
    Someone got 4 offers with BBCD so i'm sure u can get offers also
    but what was their predicted grades and what uni?

ReputationRep:
    I achieved CCC at AS. I still want to apply for medicine- do you think I should? any chance to get in?
    get 3 predicted A's and you are fine. You must covert those C's to A's next year to meet your offer. If not consider applying as a graduate or go abroad (i believe the entry requirement for prague uni is CCC)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy•)
    Where are you doing it?
    Canterbury! you?

ReputationRep:
    Any tips for VR I've been trying but I suck at it. I can do the T/F questions but I can't do the other ones. Got my test tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    but what was their predicted grades and what uni?
    search ryhan hussein on youtube

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaela__)
    Aw thank you so much! I'm sure you are improving! I think it becomes easier to look for patterns after a while obvs not for every set, but you have an idea of what stands out the more you practice. I say this and I wouldn't be surprised if AR messed me over and I got 550 lol 😂 I think for all 3 of us whatever score we get in AR will be a surprise 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I think it will be a surprise. Either a good one or horrible one!

Arrrrghhhhhh I am so scaaaaarrreddd now!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuba123)
    I would certainly be "unique" at Oxbridge lmao. And yeah maybe once a month is unrealistic... But what are you thinking for your fifth option I'm thinking of anatomy or neuroscience not sure though...XD
    Definitely Pharmacy for me as a back up.

I probably will end up doing that because this UKCAT is just pulling me down :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .......Jeff458)
    Yeah I think it will be a surprise. Either a good one or horrible one!

Arrrrghhhhhh I am so scaaaaarrreddd now!!!!
    I feel so sick already over it and my exam isn't even today lmao 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Definitely Pharmacy for me as a back up.

I probably will end up doing that because this UKCAT is just pulling me down :'(

That's a great back-up btw personally I have more interest in bodily functions and dissections - which is distasteful but I find it interesting so that's why I would go down the more academic route.

Honestly, the number 1 worst thing you could be doing right now is freaking out - which I have to say I spent a lot of time doing and I didn't get what I wanted. Spend loads of time on AR because patterns you notice whilst practising some of them WILL come up. So this section could significantly improve your score as there are only a limited amount of patterns that come up and if you remember these then you'll find the section easy. For VR I did **** in this but that's because I freaked out take your time with this and make sure you read the question carefully. For quantative reasoning it was like Nat 5 maths except really time constraint so make sure you JUST work on the timing for this because for this section I didn't really find anything tough I just ran out of time - to such an extent I had to basically guess the last 15 questions. SJ you'll manage this I'm sure it's worth reading the general medical practise document and you'll easily get a 1 or 2. Hope this helped.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaela__)
    I feel so sick already over it and my exam isn't even today lmao 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Me too ngl. AND MINE IS IN A WEEK!!!!!

Seriously, just don't stress and don't go in thinking what people have said (eg QR is much easier as that can impact you). Not to scare you but my friend got 520 in the QR, as you can imagine, he was pissed.

So good luck, come of TSR and do what you can now

Make sure to update us tomorrow!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuba123)
    That's a great back-up btw personally I have more interest in bodily functions and dissections - which is distasteful but I find it interesting so that's why I would go down the more academic route.

Honestly, the number 1 worst thing you could be doing right now is freaking out - which I have to say I spent a lot of time doing and I didn't get what I wanted. Spend loads of time on AR because patterns you notice whilst practising some of them WILL come up. So this section could significantly improve your score as there are only a limited amount of patterns that come up and if you remember these then you'll find the section easy. For VR I did **** in this but that's because I freaked out take your time with this and make sure you read the question carefully. For quantative reasoning it was like Nat 5 maths except really time constraint so make sure you JUST work on the timing for this because for this section I didn't really find anything tough I just ran out of time - to such an extent I had to basically guess the last 15 questions. SJ you'll manage this I'm sure it's worth reading the general medical practise document and you'll easily get a 1 or 2. Hope this helped.
    Thanks so much! I really hope it goes well and your score is pretty good. I would take your average tbh!!!

You still have a big chance

Going to try and stop procrastinating now

ReputationRep:
    Me too ngl. AND MINE IS IN A WEEK!!!!!

Seriously, just don't stress and don't go in thinking what people have said (eg QR is much easier as that can impact you). Not to scare you but my friend got 520 in the QR, as you can imagine, he was pissed.

So good luck, come of TSR and do what you can now

Make sure to update us tomorrow!!!
    Aw bless you, you're so lovely! I'm going to go in thinking it's hard af otherwise I won't concentrate properly anyway 😂 I'm relying on my QR so hopefully I do decent in that 😰 thank you and hopefully I can come back onto the thread tomorrow and not make a massive fool out of myself lol 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    how many hours a day are you guys revising on average? also vr is killing me, i don't even understand the passages in medify let alone being able to answer them and people are saying its harder in the real thing so i am doomed!

ReputationRep:
    do you think i would get an offer for medicine in a London college if i got BBCD at AS and i got low gcse results (1A* 3As rest are Bs)???
    i dont know my ukcat score yet cuz i still need to do the exam but what sort of score would still give me a chance

ReputationRep:
    also for people who have done the test; would you suggest reading the intro section of the QR questions? these seem to be quite long and i was wondering if its best to jump into the questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mm_7)
    do you think i would get an offer for medicine in a London college if i got BBCD at AS and i got low gcse results (1A* 3As rest are Bs)???
    i dont know my ukcat score yet cuz i still need to do the exam but what sort of score would still give me a chance
    you can apply for foundation medicine courses. Kings has a foundation medicine degree which requires AAA-BBB and my friend got an offer last year of ABB so you have a chance. St Georges also have a lower entry requirement of AAB. But to be eligible for these courses, you need to meet specific requirements e.g. low income, first in family to go on to higher education.

If you're okay with moving outside London, Southampton and Northampton have foundation medicine degrees with BBC entry requirements.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much! I really hope it goes well and your score is pretty good. I would take your average tbh!!!

You still have a big chance

Going to try and stop procrastinating now
    Thanks lol, my dad's constantly like phone the unis and ask them if my score is good lol. I just emailed them so we'll see what they say. And yeah, definitely don't procrastinate - but by saying that I would be a HUGE hypocrite. lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asyth)
    you can apply for foundation medicine courses. Kings has a foundation medicine degree which requires AAA-BBB and my friend got an offer last year of ABB so you have a chance. St Georges also have a lower entry requirement of AAB. But to be eligible for these courses, you need to meet specific requirements e.g. low income, first in family to go on to higher education.

If you're okay with moving outside London, Southampton and Northampton have foundation medicine degrees with BBC entry requirements.
    I emailed Kings to see if i was eligible for their course but because my school isn't in greater london i'm not eligible so that's out of the question i don't fit the other criteria aswell (

i don''t really know where else i can apply thats in london

ReputationRep:
    So I did my UKCAT and got 710 avg and was wondering if that was good enough for Exeter as I have A*A*A predictions and exeter rejected a lot of people with predictions lower than A*A*A* :\

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2017

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.