Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    so people, whats happening 2mrw, whose goin to here, oxbridge applicants, gathered pile applicants etc . . . . . . rejections offers??????????????????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amar247)
    so people, whats happening 2mrw, whose goin to here, oxbridge applicants, gathered pile applicants etc . . . . . . rejections offers??????????????????
    rejections tomorrow most definitely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beef_Eater)
    rejections tomorrow most definitely.
    what happens if an oxbridge applicant does not hear 2mrw????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amar247)
    what happens if an oxbridge applicant does not hear 2mrw????
    then a high chance of an offer the following week BUT if you don't hear back that week then a much higher chance of a rejection following that week. This pattern will continue until 31 March where all decisions are made.

ReputationRep:
    I am a womannnnn!
    and yeah i didnt apply to warwick coz i dnt have maths!

btw what 17:1 WHAT THE ****!!! are you suree about this!
    now im even more pessimistic! how can acc and fin be more competitive then pure economicss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gsc7)
    I am a womannnnn!
    and yeah i didnt apply to warwick coz i dnt have maths!

btw what 17:1 WHAT THE ****!!! are you suree about this!
    now im even more pessimistic! how can acc and fin be more competitive then pure economicss
    But they make 3 times the offers so its more like 5.67:1

ReputationRep:
    But they make 3 times the offers so its more like 5.67:1
    Basically call a number between 1 and 6 and roll a die. The chance of the number coming up is roughly the same chance you have with getting an offer from LSE.

ReputationRep:
    Basically call a number between 1 and 6 and roll a die. The chance of the number coming up is roughly the same chance you have with getting an offer from LSE.
    That makes me feel better lol!
    im dreading looking at my email tomorrow now :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gsc7)
    That makes me feel better lol!
    im dreading looking at my email tomorrow now :confused:
    I don't wanna put you down or anything but I think you should imagine getting rejected. Then it won't be that bad.

ReputationRep:
    I don't wanna put you down or anything but I think you should imagine getting rejected. Then it won't be that bad.
    why should i believe that i have been rejected when i haven't. I'm going to stay optimistic until i find out and if i have been rejected then i will accept it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gsc7)
    why should i believe that i have been rejected when i haven't. I'm going to stay optimistic until i find out and if i have been rejected then i will accept it.
    You think differently to me then

ReputationRep:
    You think differently to me then
    Clearlyyy you can't be successful in anything you do if you doubt yourself at every stage!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gsc7)
    Clearlyyy you can't be successful in anything you do if you doubt yourself at every stage!
    I don't doubt myself, that has nothing to do with it...Look if I picture myself getting rejected then if I do I won't be pissed but If I don't get rejected I will be more happy because it was unexpected.

So its a win win situation

If I was that unsuccessful then I wouldn't be into 5 figures.

ReputationRep:
    I don't doubt myself, that has nothing to do with it...Look if I picture myself getting rejected then if I do I won't be pissed but If I don't get rejected I will be more happy because it was unexpected.

So its a win win situation

If I was that unsuccessful then I wouldn't be into 5 figures.
    i'm sorry, but even if im rejected i would obviously be upset but i would get over it, similarly if i get accepted then i would be happy!

ReputationRep:
    I've faced a lot of rejection before trust me, it doesnt get to me much anymore

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gsc7)
    i'm sorry, but even if im rejected i would obviously be upset but i would get over it, similarly if i get accepted then i would be happy!
    You would be upset yes but would you be more upset if you already had in your mind that you were rejected ? No..

You would be happy yes but wouldn't you be even more happy if you had in your mind that you had been rejected..

ReputationRep:
    You would be upset yes but would you be more upset if you already had in your mind that you were rejected ? No..

You would be happy yes but wouldn't you be even more happy if you had in your mind that you had been rejected..
    i'm not scared of being upset, regardless what i am imagining :]

ReputationRep:
    Well I would get upset if I got rejected...

ReputationRep:
    Well I would get upset if I got rejected...
    Yes of course i'm not gonna deny i will be upset if i get rejected but by imagining a rejection coming my way its not gonna affect how upset i get. and besides yes i might not have got into LSE but i still have other offers to be happy about :]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gsc7)
    Yes of course i'm not gonna deny i will be upset if i get rejected but by imagining a rejection coming my way its not gonna affect how upset i get. and besides yes i might not have got into LSE but i still have other offers to be happy about :]
    Ok then but I'm not going to explain it all again...I will do what I do and you do what you do.....Lets just wish each other good luck and pray lol

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 24, 2009
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.