I gots an offer today

Now I have to make a decision..

ReputationRep:
    Lots of offers So happy for all of you

(Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
    x
    you know the correct choice :ninja: :p:

ReputationRep:
    Congrats everyone that has an offer! Do you think they're doing them in some kind of order (i.e by interview date or name) or just randomly...? :s had my interview in early Jan and methinks there is a rejection on the way!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Lost_Cause)
    Congrats everyone that has an offer! Do you think they're doing them in some kind of order (i.e by interview date or name) or just randomly...? :s had my interview in early Jan and methinks there is a rejection on the way!
    Well looking at the stalking article your interview was on the same day as mine. Not sure if that helps or not

And Hygeia, I thought I did, now I really don't know what to do. Is there any chance I could transfer to medicine from pharmacy if I did miss the grades, if I had it as my firm since I did get an offer? (If that makes any sense )

ReputationRep:
    Well looking at the stalking article your interview was on the same day as mine. Not sure if that helps or not

And Hygeia, I thought I did, now I really don't know what to do. Is there any chance I could transfer to medicine from pharmacy if I did miss the grades, if I had it as my firm since I did get an offer? (If that makes any sense )
    I think I know what you're asking, sorry, no idea if it's possible though. If it helps, I do know of people who missed their offer who were given a place on the foundation course instead so doing the 6 year course but only 1 or 2.

Edit: maybe visit both again? (I could show you round UEA if I'm free for anyone who's undecided)

ReputationRep:

If you missed the grades for medicine, you'd have to apply for pharmacy through clearing presuming they had places available.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by janecstar)
    If you missed the grades for medicine, you'd have to apply for pharmacy through clearing presuming they had places available.
    I think she's already got a place for pharmacy as her 5th choice

ReputationRep:
    But then that wouldn't be transferring from medicine to pharmacy, that would be accepting your insurance offer which wouldn't be a problem at all right? Or am I very confused? Probably the latter.

Anyway, best of luck with your decisions!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by janecstar)
    But then that wouldn't be transferring from medicine to pharmacy, that would be accepting your insurance offer which wouldn't be a problem at all right? Or am I very confused? Probably the latter.

Anyway, best of luck with your decisions!
    She was asking about the possibility of transferring from pharmacy to medicine if she missed her grades and took up her insurance offer (so after a year of pharmacy or something as some places do for biomed sci)

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting for an offer ...or a rejection.......i really did think they would up date track more or less at the same time for all students....looks like it could be a bit of a wait...hopefully not as bad as Soton tho

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, so she was. Sorry, I've been studying all day and my brain's gone to mush.

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer as well, im a retake candidate, for offer conditions it says "To obtain a minimum of GRADE A, A in A-level BIOLOGY OR HUMAN BIOLOGY and one other A-Level subject excluding General Studies and Critical Thinking. "

Im a bit confused as to what that means, does it mean AAB or AAA (as I though UEA require AAA for retake candidates )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i_hate_examz)
    Got an offer as well, im a retake candidate, for offer conditions it says "To obtain a minimum of GRADE A, A in A-level BIOLOGY OR HUMAN BIOLOGY and one other A-Level subject excluding General Studies and Critical Thinking. "

Im a bit confused as to what that means, does it mean AAB or AAA (as I though UEA require AAA for retake candidates )
    I just got an offer for UEA and ive already done my A levels and got AAB, hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    ^^ Has an offer.

ReputationRep:
    Has any Graduates got offers yet???

ReputationRep:
    OFFERRR and Over the moon
    Now to get the grade

ReputationRep:
    Have UEA given out all the offers?
    What happens if you are not suitable for 5year do you get place on 6year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mature doc)
    Have UEA given out all the offers?
    What happens if you are not suitable for 5year do you get place on 6year?
    I think they've given out all the offers for school leavers, but they have yet to give out offers for graduates. I maybe wrong, but I have yet to come across a graduate with an offer. Also I've heard some people do get a place on the 6 year course after being rejected for the 5 year but i dont know if this is true for graduates.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 27, 2013

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.