Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial Offers 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
Original post by MickyT
Comp Sci
Ninja quoted o_0 Good luck for everyone who has exams. You're getting me slightly worried I've forgotten everything over mah gap year :O

For those that were interested my offer was A*AAA

Also, any prospective imperial students want to meet up at some point? Would be nice knowing a few people going into uni ^_^

I'd say yes, but since we're all in different parts of the country that would be quite difficult to arrange. Also if too many people know each other beforehand you end up with a hamiltonian closed social circle which is never good :tongue:
Definitely come say hi before our first lecture though, just send me a reminder in September and I'll seek you out in October :biggrin::biggrin::colone::biggrin::biggrin:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by Zottula
Woooooo hey guys I can now post in this thread! I've got an unconditional for Geology :biggrin: Whoop whoop!

Firm? :biggrin:
Reply 522
but since we're all in different parts of the country that would be quite difficult to arrange

Ah yea, forgot about the whole Uk != London thing :colondollar:
Original post by MickyT

Also, any prospective imperial students want to meet up at some point? Would be nice knowing a few people going into uni ^_^

You and me, 15th October at the Natural History Museum in the insects section. It's a date :wink:
Original post by MickyT
Comp Sci
Ninja quoted o_0 Good luck for everyone who has exams. You're getting me slightly worried I've forgotten everything over mah gap year :O

For those that were interested my offer was A*AAA

Well :biggrin:

Seeing as we're the only two people in this thread (I think) with a guaranteed place for next years computing xD I'd happily meet you next time I'm in London
Attention firmers!

Link to the firmers thread

Enjoy :smile:

EDIT: Had a quick count
88 offers
24 are computing and JMC = 27.3% (3 sig fig) of all offers made so far. :rofl:
*24 computing and JMC excludes another 5 people that I know in real life who have offers for computing and JMC at Imperial.
Us computing & JMC are the coolest. :cool:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 526
Original post by freefrag
Firm? :biggrin:

Extremely likely. My first choice and first to come back to me as well!
Original post by Zottula
Extremely likely. My first choice and first to come back to me as well!

Well then :biggrin:

See you at freshers xD
Reply 528
Original post by freefrag
Well then :biggrin:

See you at freshers xD

Indeed :smile:. Although I should probably give the other unis a chance to respond!
Reply 529
Materials...........3As Conditional
Reply 530
Original post by Bhahiy
Materials...........3As Conditional

Score! Firming or Oxbridging?
Original post by roblee
Score! Firming or Oxbridging?

Neither. He is media-studysing on us.
:colone:
Reply 532
Original post by nikita_atikin

I got an offer from Imperial and Cambridge fo CompSci. I slightly prefer Cambridge, but the Imperial conditions are higher (abitur 1.1 vs. 1.2) so i'm thinking if it makes any sense to take imperial as an insurance? my only hope is, that if I fail to achieve that average, imperial might be more gracious than cambridge.. any thoughts?
Reply 533
Original post by QBasti
I got an offer from Imperial and Cambridge fo CompSci. I slightly prefer Cambridge, but the Imperial conditions are higher (abitur 1.1 vs. 1.2) so i'm thinking if it makes any sense to take imperial as an insurance? my only hope is, that if I fail to achieve that average, imperial might be more gracious than cambridge.. any thoughts?

I think that that's a very long shot and could lead to your being rejected by both if you miss your Cambridge offer. If you want to go to Cam, firm it and choose some non-Imperial uni as your insurance. The reverse goes for Imperial (having a 0.1-point gap between your offers isn't a stable solution, if I understand the system correctly).

Sorry if that wasn't the biased "ZOMG COME TO IMPERIAL" stuff that you wanted to hear, I don't have the energy to discuss Gimp vs. Cam any more.

Spoiler

Reply 534
Biomedical Sciences :biggrin:
AAAC - AA in bio and chem. AC in any order in maths and geo :biggrin:
Reply 535
Original post by QBasti

It might just be me but making Imperial your insurance even though their offer is actually higher (and just relying on their benevolence) doesn't sound like a good idea.

I actually applied to Imperial and Cambridge too (1.1 in the Abitur) and was rejected by the latter. So be grateful for your offer :biggrin:.
Reply 536
Original post by Mylesy

Awesome offer. Congrats :smile:
FINALLY!!

Physics with Theoretical Physics (MPhys)

Conditional - Send A-Level Results
Original post by Mylesy

Awesome! Congratulations :smile: Where else have you applied?
Imperial is my last uni I'm waiting for XD it's slowly making me insane...
Reply 539
Hey everyone,
got an offer on 1st feb for biomedical sciences (AAA bio chem math, B for economics) i'm an international student!
anyone else got the biomed offers?

Quick Reply

Latest