Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Morgsie)
    Holby City Hospital Society is officially up and running, http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=2280

Please join

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by River Shadow)
    Yeah, I remember that as well, but I think that was the case even straight after the surgery, and they still said he'd only have a few years. This is 'Casualty', continuity isn't exactly its strong point. :confused:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Who?

I can't think of anyone who I'd really like to leave right now... Louise and Lloyd have both become a lot less irritating than they used to be, and I've started liking Fletch a lot... Some characters "just choosing" to leave though sometimes seems a bit out-of-character... And not as interesting most of the time, although I still adore Ruth and Jay's exit together. :love:
    Sorry completely forgot to reply

Spoiler:
    Show
    Tom. He just annoys me (though I'm not sure if it's the character or the actor that annoys me)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manupalace)
    Sorry completely forgot to reply

Spoiler:
    Show
    Tom. He just annoys me (though I'm not sure if it's the character or the actor that annoys me)
    N'aww, I love him, he's so sweet! Each to their own though.

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember if he was with Alice or not. I only remember Alice with Curtis... Also, I think she had a thing for Adam didn't she?

Not coming back I understand... It's the fact that they're never mentioned again which confuses me, and also, if characters die, their loved ones are as right as rain again the following week...
    Sam was with Alice and he left to go travelling just as it was getting serious with them.
    Alice was then with Curtis until he was killed on the wedding day.
    Then she slept with Adam after Jessica left him after baby Harry dying after the car accident, but it ruined their friendship and she left.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Tonight's episode was lack luster

ReputationRep:
    Lol when Tess slips.

ReputationRep:
    I'm watching casualty now - /!: there is something going on with women being circumcised is that even possible ? How do women get circumcised ? Does it happen in real life ?

This is scary s***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jojo1995)
    I'm watching casualty now - /!: there is something going on with women being circumcised is that even possible ? How do women get circumcised ? Does it happen in real life ?

This is scary s***
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_genital_mutilation

It's illegal, abusive and dangerous...no doctor here would do it! Unfortunately it does go on in other parts of the world though.

ReputationRep:
    Horrible storyline, but I'm really hoping it raises awareness of the issue - I hadn't heard of it until last week's episode, and I suspect many others won't have either. Absolutely atrocious...

Love Zoe though. :love: She's being so brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_genital_mutilation

It's illegal, abusive and dangerous...no doctor here would do it! Unfortunately it does go on in other parts of the world though.
    Thank you for telling me - I didn't know it existed - so sad and disgusting that people would do such to young girls (or of any age tbh).

ReputationRep:
    Horrible storyline, but I'm really hoping it raises awareness of the issue - I hadn't heard of it until last week's episode, and I suspect many others won't have either. Absolutely atrocious...

Love Zoe though. :love: She's being so brilliant.
    Yeah Zoe's great a model doctor

ReputationRep:
    The story was dark and griping. I am in love with Zoe, she looked HOT in that dress

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morgsie)
    The story was dark and griping. I am in love with Zoe, she looked HOT in that dress
    The quote that is stuck in my head is from Tamasha; "It never stops hurting. It is always painful." Where I come from (Eritrea, north east africa) female circumcision is a must, without which females are considered not be suitable for marriage. However this issue being raised on prime time TV, I hope has made people aware of the problems and complications that FGM can cause. Hopefully this will lead to change for the better especially for the sake of the livelihoods of females.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by My Life)
    I Love Casualty!
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006m8wd

Does any one else?

Who is your favourite characater?

Any other discussions.

How do you feel about casualty:
    :o:mad::confused::rolleyes::cool::eek:

I Love it
    If you want replies remember to quote!

More of a Holby girl myself but I still freaking love it!!

ReputationRep:
    Basically just wondering what was the best series so far (out of all 27 of them) any favourite all time characters or present character, favourite couples, best episodes etc.... Just general chat of the longest running medical drama ever.

I preferred series 23 to series 26 To be honest for cast and episodes, I have watched it since series 19 and still watch it now every Saturday night:P though don't feel it's as good since it moved from Bristol to Cardiff.
    My all time favourite character has to be Staff nurse Jay Faldren who was played by Ben Turner till a year or so back, and also my favourite couple of all time was definitely Ruth and Jay (RJ) so quite glad they got their happy ending (for the first time ever on the programme someone got. Happy ending:P) after the ED fire in Series 26.

I liked the ED fire though some graphics weren't great but overall was a really good episode.
    I also miss the great Nick Jordan, who was just fantastic. ( like I said basically I loved the whole series 24 ish cast such as Adam Truman, Lenny Lyons, Ruth winters, jay Faldren, nick Jordan and so on

I do like Fletch aka Smithy from the bill, though feel him and Tess storyline is totally wrong however but just like his character and his voice x

What you guys think of the programme? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I really enjoyed the storyline between Adam and Jess, I honestly don't think it's been half as good since they left :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamsie555)
    I really enjoyed the storyline between Adam and Jess, I honestly don't think it's been half as good since they left :/
    I think specially since they moved to Cardiff it's went quite down hill, I still love it and watch it every week but the acting and episodes are just not as good as in Bristol.
    I miss the Ruth & Jay episodes:/ Sam and Tom are the new couple though and I like them too just not as much lol x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Robyn with the munchies :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    Robyn with the munchies :rofl:
    Made me laugh so much, just her laughing as well when the lady says "I'll be in a wheelchair"

ReputationRep:
    I'm wondering what will happen between Fletch and Tess! :/

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 18, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.