Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NellGwynne)
    Which explains 'squashers' and such... People have their own tastes and whatever. I don't see what the problem is. If they ain't casing others harm.. what's the big deal?
    -----

It's ethical human rights to be allowed to pick your own lifestyle. If they want to be fat, let them be fat. SIMPLE. Comprendes?
    I know, right? Urgh, some people are such control freaks.

ReputationRep:
    I think some people need to learn how to develop a logical, cohesive and more structured argument.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    I never said you were fat I said fat isn't attractive. See the difference? :top:
    "You girls would rather prefer to believe that, rather than exercise"

I believe you said something along those lines, which seemed like you were implying that I was fat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ItsaNameAndIUseIt)
    You make me laugh, troll
    What a compelling argument. Told you you were insecure and your juvenile attitude it just helping me prove my point.

Okay so I see your 'genetic facts' or more so 'theories' or how it is not in the eye of the beholder - however, how do you explain personal preferences.. because they generally are not things we chose.. They are things that are intrinsic and innate.. We cannot pick and choose the basic forms and levels of attraction...
    Want to debate, go debate it with the doctors and professors who wrote the papers, but be sure to bring your papers to show them why they are wrong and you are right....
    Seriously, these are peer reviewed theories. Unless you come up with some work of your own, you can't argue they are wrong.

(Original post by .Ali.)
    "You girls would rather prefer to believe that, rather than exercise"

I believe you said something along those lines, which seemed like you were implying that I was fat.
    Learn to read :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    My God, if I was FAT and HAPPY, I don't think I'd care about what some shallow minded people had to say.

There are far more imprtant and LESS selfish things going on in the world, like STARVATION, SLAVERY, SEX TRAFFICKING!! People are having simple, basic and pretty much necessary human rights stripped from them and some petty minded idiots find it important to have a go at someone because they are about 10lbs over weight.

GROW UP and OPEN YOUR EYES!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    What a compelling argument. Told you you were insecure and your juvenile attitude it just helping me prove my point.
    Of course it is.

OH MY GOD, YOU'RE SO RIGHT.

Thank you for telling me how I feel! What would I do without you?! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    She's beautiful. A little overweight around the stomach region, there's no real 'curve' there, but she has lovely legs. And I love her hair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovely_me)
    That's not a good reason. We can't live our lives on the basis of decreasing government spending of the NHS. Should people stop smoking and drinking because it will reduce NHS costs?

I disagree with that. The majority of men on this thread have said they would engage in sex with the female. Furthermore, it's not women's ultimate goal in life to make men find them attractive. If it was, women would spend far more time on their appearance than than they do.

Wrong. We live in a capitalism society and hedonism is the main drive behind that. Do people go out to work because they want to improve society? No. They go out to work because they want to increase their quality of their life.

If you don't like fat women Mazty, no one is forcing you to marry one. Why not avoid them and engage in a relationship with any woman who will have you.
    An unnecessary increase in NHS costs isn't a good reason to promote why people shouldn't be obese? Wow, what a wonderful person you are!
    "We can't live our lives on the basis of decreasing government spending of the NHS."
    Actually it's a case of living a healthy life...clearly that's too obvious for you to have worked out. If you purposely don't live a healthy life, you shouldn't be treated. Simple as that. Therefore let fat people eat, smokers smoke and drinkers drink - just don't treat them as they know the unnecessary risks and consequences.
    You disagree with science then:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...eated%20topics
    So where is your paper? :rolleyes:

"Hedonism is not the main drive behind capitalism". :rofl:
    Hedonism: Pursuit of or devotion to pleasure, especially to the pleasures of the senses.
    Capitalism: Capitalism is an economic system in which the means of production are privately owned and operated for a private profit; decisions regarding supply, demand, price, distribution, and investments are made by private actors in the free market; profit is distributed to owners who invest in businesses, and wages are paid to workers employed by businesses and companies.

So yeah....how the **** have you linked hedonism and capitalism? :o:

Fat = bad. Simple as that. It is not sane to be fat, ergo people who are fat have chosen an illogical way of life, are unattractive and problematic to society as a whole thanks to an unessential increase in costs.

How about you tell me why people should be allowed to be fat? Why it is a GOOD thing to be fat and why people SHOULD be fat? Surely if you can't then you can't defend being fat....

ReputationRep:
    I think some people need to learn how to develop a logical, cohesive and more structured argument.
    I've given up arguing with them now, it's just getting ridiculous :rolleyes: at least there're people like you and Ali

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ItsaNameAndIUseIt)
    Of course it is.

OH MY GOD, YOU'RE SO RIGHT.

Thank you for telling me how I feel! What would I do without you?! :rolleyes:
    Be fat, date an ugly guy and pretend you are happy when deep down you are dying inside?
    OH WAIT :awesome:

My God, if I was FAT and HAPPY, I don't think I'd care about what some shallow minded people had to say.

There are far more imprtant and LESS selfish things going on in the world, like STARVATION, SLAVERY, SEX TRAFFICKING!! People are having simple, basic and pretty much necessary human rights stripped from them and some petty minded idiots find it important to have a go at someone because they are about 10lbs over weight.

GROW UP and OPEN YOUR EYES!
    Nice strawman love. No one said there aren't worse things in the world, so why are you acting as if they did or if that was the crux of anyone's argument???
    Ironic you mention starvation. Ever thought the good that could be done with the extra food that fat people eat? Of course not, you haven't thought that far ahead, as well as mentioning starvation and then acting as if people eating themselves into an early grave isn't completely morally disgusting? Less liberal ****, more thinking please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Want to debate, go debate it with the doctors and professors who wrote the papers, but be sure to bring your papers to show them why they are wrong and you are right....
    Seriously, these are peer reviewed theories. Unless you come up with some work of your own, you can't argue they are wrong.
    I'm sorry, Sunshine but your mere 'scientific facts' are nothing more than illustrated theories. And no, I'm not a scientist or a health researcher, I'm a just a student but I know that just because science says something, does not make it a more cohesive argument than another persons point of view, because that is all a 'scientific approach' is.

And can't arge that they are wrong?... Well, I can assure you that you do not need written or visual evidence or research to argue a point. Just look at religion - that does pretty well for itself. Now, before you say ; 'well, they have the Bible, and sightings...' - yes, they may, but NO proof. And still without this, logical and structured debates have been held.

And argument needs no foreground nor empirical evidence simply a persons view and personal opinions, which can be delivered using logical structures that show their argument is cohesive and of relevence.

Now, lets be honest if we took your view and argument and applied it to things such as pedophilla, we'd be in a little bit of a pickle, huh? The majority of people naturally reject it - however, that's not enough to say that it is proof. There are many who don't and it is intrinsic to them, not a choice...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    An unnecessary increase in NHS costs isn't a good reason to promote why people shouldn't be obese? Wow, what a wonderful person you are!
    "We can't live our lives on the basis of decreasing government spending of the NHS."
    Actually it's a case of living a healthy life...clearly that's too obvious for you to have worked out. If you purposely don't live a healthy life, you shouldn't be treated. Simple as that. Therefore let fat people eat, smokers smoke and drinkers drink - just don't treat them as they know the unnecessary risks and consequences.
    You disagree with science then:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...eated%20topics
    So where is your paper? :rolleyes:

"Hedonism is not the main drive behind capitalism". :rofl:
    Hedonism: Pursuit of or devotion to pleasure, especially to the pleasures of the senses.
    Capitalism: Capitalism is an economic system in which the means of production are privately owned and operated for a private profit; decisions regarding supply, demand, price, distribution, and investments are made by private actors in the free market; profit is distributed to owners who invest in businesses, and wages are paid to workers employed by businesses and companies.

So yeah....how the **** have you linked hedonism and capitalism? :o:

Fat = bad. Simple as that. It is not sane to be fat, ergo people who are fat have chosen an illogical way of life, are unattractive and problematic to society as a whole thanks to an unessential increase in costs.

How about you tell me why people should be allowed to be fat? Why it is a GOOD thing to be fat and why people SHOULD be fat? Surely if you can't then you can't defend being fat....
    Allowed to be fat?

What're you going to do Matzy, come here and stop me? Please.

I can't believe you have nothing better to do with your time than get mad a fat people behind a computer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Be fat, date an ugly guy and pretend you are happy when deep down you are dying inside?
    OH WAIT :awesome:

Nice strawman love. No one said there aren't worse things in the world, so why are you acting as if they did or if that was the crux of anyone's argument???
    Ironic you mention starvation. Ever thought the good that could be done with the extra food that fat people eat? Of course not, you haven't thought that far ahead, as well as mentioning starvation and then acting as if people eating themselves into an early grave isn't completely morally disgusting? Less liberal ****, more thinking please.
    No, of course I've thought that far ahead, what the heck do you take me for? I was merely illustrating how immature, close minded, selfish and rediculously shallow you are. Making such a fuss of such silly little things when there are other things to be concerned over... And it's not a strawman at all, just an example of how petty this subject is in relation to them.

And of course it would be more benefical for us to give food to them, let me know when you are sending your own personal food lorry over in the near future if your that concerned. I'll surely through in some food.

But I will agree with you on one thing, excessive eating is a sign of glutteny, which is never a good thing. I do NOT condone people eating until it causes them death and they have to be air lifted in to a grave. It is wrong in whole respects yes and I think people should maybe have more respect and value of their life - however, I think YOU need to respect that it is THEIR choice, not yours. If they were causing you serious harm, then I'd understand your need to lash out. Inless you are secretly a closet fatty being all brave behind a computer screen or you're having some serious personal issues.. then I think you need to have a long think about what you say and you need to, and I quite be 'Less Liberal ****, and more thinking please.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.