Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowflakesblues)
    The grade boundaries seem to get higher and higher every year
    67 for an A I reckon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beeristhebest)
    67 for an A I reckon
    65/66 Max I think. May get to 67, but because of q.no.2, doubt it.

ReputationRep:
    It'll be no higher than 63 I'd say. The paper had a few trick Q's (Q 2, Ex^2 an the negative probability with 40 obeservations)

ReputationRep:
    I doubt it'll be as high as 67, but who knows. Marking my answers using the unofficial mark scheme, I probably got somewhere between 62 and 67, so I suppose I did well having done one half-assed past paper just before the exam.

ReputationRep:
    This tme last year, D1 got a grade boundary of 67 for an A and that was as hard as this test. S2 last January had a grade boundary of 65 and I found that paper about the same, but that's only my opinion.

It'll be interesting to read the examiner report for S2 especially Q2!

Anyone else doing C4 and M2 this January?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chaz1992)
    This tme last year, D1 got a grade boundary of 67 for an A and that was as hard as this test. S2 last January had a grade boundary of 65 and I found that paper about the same, but that's only my opinion.

I'm doing C4.

ReputationRep:

I'm doing C4 and M2.

ReputationRep:

I'm doing M2
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

Interesting read for Examier report on Q2. Grade broundries as well.

But yeah, I think it will be 65/66 at most for an A, or else the 90 UMS would be not far off.

I am doing M2, so nervous, wasn't good in M1, M2 no difference!

ReputationRep:
    Am doing a C4 past paper, and i've forgotten everything :s

*off to youtube to watch integration videos*
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    3 more exams to go!

ReputationRep:
    For question 1a) for the two reasons why it shpould be distributed binomially, I put becaise it can only be two possible outcomes and because theyre independent from eachother. Will I get both marks because the first point is sort of implied in the question.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ando08)
    For question 1a) for the two reasons why it shpould be distributed binomially, I put becaise it can only be two possible outcomes and because theyre independent from eachother. Will I get both marks because the first point is sort of implied in the question.

I am pretty much think you will get both right. The number of trials is kind of implied on the question, not the success or failure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ando08)
    Any two from

n must be finite
    success or failure
    independent
    probability of success constant

I know I put three in the solutions but you didn't need to
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gibbo81)
    Any two from

n must be finite
    success or failure
    independent
    probability of success constant

I know I put three in the solutions but you didn't need to
    I put down all 4 - sometimes they may ask for two things, but worth 1 mark - seen them in the past. But it doesn't really make it obvious in the question how much they want - but 2 marks, so its 2 at least...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr tim)
    I put down all 4 - sometimes they may ask for two things, but worth 1 mark - seen them in the past. But it doesn't really make it obvious in the question how much they want - but 2 marks, so its 2 at least...
    I put down 3 just to be sure.

ReputationRep:
    I put down 2 cause it's worth 2 marks ffs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Firaila)
    I put down 2 cause it's worth 2 marks ffs
    Yeah and i'm pretty sure than's more than enough of what is needed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate1)
    Yeah and i'm pretty sure than's more than enough of what is needed.
    I'm not sure thats more than enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Firaila)
    I'm not sure thats more than enough
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOO!

My whole life had been destroyed. My 3 answers to a 2 mark Question might not give me an extra mark. I think I'm losing my will to live.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.