Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seanseansean)
    The Ninth Gate.
    Yes! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Ok so i cant remember the film properly But basically this guy wants to be a comedian and he ends up kidnapping someone ( a comedian/tv presenter) at the end of the film and he basically takes their place and kicks ass.
    Whats the film?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkshadow1111)
    Ok so i cant remember the film properly But basically this guy wants to be a comedian and he ends up kidnapping someone ( a comedian/tv presenter) at the end of the film and he basically takes their place and kicks ass.
    Whats the film?
    King of Comedy - Literally just finished on film4.

Weird, if that's the one you're thinking of.

ReputationRep:
    King of Comedy - Literally just finished on film4.

Weird, if that's the one you're thinking of.
    Really, omg i missed it. But thanks anyway its been bugging me for a long time.

ReputationRep:
    What's the film called when a guy finds loads of numbers and they match natural disasters, I think it has Nicholas Cage in it. :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RisingAngel-007)
    What's the film called when a guy finds loads of numbers and they match natural disasters, I think it has Nicholas Cage in it. :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    'Knowing' - great film!! :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Oboist.)
    'Knowing' - great film!! :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know the sci fi/ horror film about aliens I think.

The final scene is where an ambulance takes a women who they presume is dead but later an egg/ something inside her abdomen comes out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tbx)

The final scene is where an ambulance takes a women who they presume is dead but later an egg/ something inside her abdomen comes out.
    Is it definitely not one of the Alien franchise movies? I've jever seen them, but from Wiki sounds a bit like Alien 3? Or maybe Prometheus. The whole egg in abdomen thing seems to have come somewhere from that franchise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pandora.)
    Is it definitely not one of the Alien franchise movies? I've jever seen them, but from Wiki sounds a bit like Alien 3? Or maybe Prometheus. The whole egg in abdomen thing seems to have come somewhere from that franchise.
    I initially thought I was but then I read up Alien and Aliens but they're set in space. Ill have a look at Alien 3 .

The ending is very similar but Its not the film im looking for , Im sure theres an ambulance thats drives away with a woman.

Not 100% sure about this part but I think there was a cat in the scene as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tbx)
    I initially thought I was but then I read up Alien and Aliens but they're set in space. Ill have a look at Alien 3 .

The ending is very similar but Its not the film im looking for , Im sure theres an ambulance thats drives away with a woman.

There is a cat in the scene at the end of Alien.

(Original post by nulli tertius)
      There is a cat in the scene at the end of Alien.
      But there isn't an ambulance or any sort of abdomen reveal.

(Original post by Tbx)

It does sound like something from the Alien franchise, though. Have you checked all of them?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Tbx)

I think it might be Species, best have a look and see if they match.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by nulli tertius)
      x
      (Original post by Abiraleft)
      x
      (Original post by Swanbow)
      I think it might be Species, best have a look and see if they match.
      Thanks for your help guys. I think its Species 2 .

ReputationRep:
      I remember watching a film on Bravo years ago, I would guess the film was from the 70s, possibly the 60s, it was about cars/electrical appliances which came alive and started attacking people. I mentioned the film to a friend today and he thinks it was an Alfred Hitchcock film but couldn't remember the name...anyone familiar with it?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by advent2)
      I remember watching a film on Bravo years ago, I would guess the film was from the 70s, possibly the 60s, it was about cars/electrical appliances which came alive and started attacking people. I mentioned the film to a friend today and he thinks it was an Alfred Hitchcock film but couldn't remember the name...anyone familiar with it?
      The Car?

If not, I'm pretty sure it wasn't a Hitchcock movie anyway. I don't think he's ever done something like that.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Pandora.)
      The Car?

If not, I'm pretty sure it wasn't a Hitchcock movie anyway. I don't think he's ever done something like that.
      I don't think it's that but thanks anyway. It wasn't just a car, it was all sorts of household electrical appliances coming to life if I remember correctly.

ReputationRep:
      I don't think it's that but thanks anyway. It wasn't just a car, it was all sorts of household electrical appliances coming to life if I remember correctly.
      Ah, interesting. I'll keep looking, let you know if I find anything.

ReputationRep:
      "Christine" or "Maximum Overdrive" maybe?

I think they're something to do with Stephen King.

ReputationRep:
      "Christine" or "Maximum Overdrive" maybe?

I think they're something to do with Stephen King.
      It's definitely not Christine, I've seen that film and read the book.

Reading through the plot on Maximum Overdrive on wikipedia, it may be that film. I won't know for sure until I've watched it but I'll check it out, thanks.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.