The 50 hour study week trial - TRY IT- I'LL JOIN YOU! Watch

Aemiliana
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Of_the_hook)
How's that essay coming along? When did you start revising this morning?

Monday - 2 hours
Tuesday - 1 hour
Wednesday - 7 hours

I'm aiming for 40 hours this week
Badly - still reading. I'm not going to sleep until I've done at least 1000 words though.

9am - had lectures though and then took hours off :facepalm: I'm gonna need to use ColdTurkey to get the hours you've been getting in recently!
unknowable
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Thanks for setting the challenge sulexk! It got me properly starting revision

I won't make 50 but this is my record so far:

day 1: 2 hrs (+3 hrs of lessons)
day 2: 1 hr (+3 hrs of lessons)
day 3: 5.5 hrs (+1 hr of lessons)
Of_the_hook
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Aemiliana)
Badly - still reading. I'm not going to sleep until I've done at least 1000 words though.

9am - had lectures though and then took hours off :facepalm: I'm gonna need to use ColdTurkey to get the hours you've been getting in recently!
I'm sure you'll be fine. When's the deadline for it? What's the word limit?

I never do any work after lectures so can't blame for taking long breaks today

I'm at home for 2 weeks so need revise everything before my first exam on the 23rd because I have barely done anything until now. What does ColdTurkey do?
Aemiliana
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Of_the_hook)
I'm sure you'll be fine. When's the deadline for it? What's the word limit?

I never do any work after lectures so can't blame for taking long breaks today

I'm at home for 2 weeks so need revise everything before my first exam on the 23rd because I have barely done anything until now. What does ColdTurkey do?
Why did you get negged for this?!? The deadline's 5pm tomorrow and 2500.
That's when my first exam is and yeah I've done very little too!

ColdTurkey is a blocking software that I have yet to get around - it is very, very strict - and that's saying something because I can normally get around these things quickly, such is my procrastination. I've blocked TSR etc now so am posting from my phone which bugs me so I barely use it
Of_the_hook
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Aemiliana)
Why did you get negged for this?!? The deadline's 5pm tomorrow and 2500.
That's when my first exam is and yeah I've done very little too!
:dontknow:
Good luck

ColdTurkey is a blocking software that I have yet to get around - it is very, very strict - and that's saying something because I can normally get around these things quickly, such is my procrastination. I've blocked TSR etc now so am posting from my phone which bugs me so I barely use it
I might try getting that. Switch off your phone and finish your reading.
Srone
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Groat)
You aren't going to be revising at your full potential at this time of the evening, so I'd recommend going to the cinema. It'll allow you to relax and take your mind off exams for a few hours!
Yeah i decided to actually go in the end and watch Attack of the Block- for them 90 minutes my head was exam/revision free. Its a shame it had to end, oh well.

Ok so 4 hours done today, yep im slacking.
Im going to do 7 hours tomorrow.
Feel free to verbally abuse me if i dont.
ringham33170
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Day 1: 2.5 hours
Day 2: 4 hours
Day 3: 7 hours
Day 4: 6.5 hours (really lagging here aren't i )
Day 5: 7.5 hours
Lightman123
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
quick update before school lol
yesterday I managed another 7 making 26 so far.
Aemiliana
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yesterday (this will be day 1 for me ): 5 hours
ray of hope :)
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by d_aan)
Thanks! It was alot of hard work, but I guess it'll all be worth it when it's over. I think the fact that there are other people are putting in the effort, which makes you more motivated to complete the challenge. Trust me, I've never done that amount of extensive revision before but it feels good, so I urge everybody to just try it atleast for this week anyway before exams
your welcome definatly, we're a team lol. i have a lot of hours still to put in so im going to go do some hardcore revising!
ray of hope :)
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i started tuesday, and so far i've done 7 hours, not amazing, but im not on study leave yet, so ntb
homebythefence
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Right, am restarting but at 40 hours cuz that's a working week. My degree form says 'full time' so that's what I'm gonna do.
NaturalDisaster
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm not going to lie, I failed last week and probably shall this week as well. I am a master at distracting myself, and finding a whole heap of new awesome songs has been my undoing. I must leave TSR if I want any chance of passing. No more TSR for me!!
homebythefence
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by NaturalDisaster)
I'm not going to lie, I failed last week and probably shall this week as well. I am a master at distracting myself, and finding a whole heap of new awesome songs has been my undoing. I must leave TSR if I want any chance of passing. No more TSR for me!!
It's okay! You can do it this week Maybe you're not taking regular enough breaks and getting bored? TSR can be useful if you stick around stuff like the Summer Revision Thread or the Uni Study thread
marek35
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Im in.
Aemiliana
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
So far today: 3.5 hours. Half way there :awesome: But I'm going to sleep after this.
siani-chan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well, my degree says it should be a full time working week but to keep up I really should be doing about 60 hours. ..I really do not get physics.
NaturalDisaster
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by homebythefence)
It's okay! You can do it this week Maybe you're not taking regular enough breaks and getting bored? TSR can be useful if you stick around stuff like the Summer Revision Thread or the Uni Study thread
I suppose. Next week will be better, I know that much. Study leave and two exams to study for, it's all good. Next week I will succeed! You're right, I probably am. I'm like "I'll revise for four hour straight!" *15 minutes in...oooh lookie, more Doctor Who videos, I'll just watch one...ooh, this one looks funny...:lol:
Srone
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I have no lessons today so i took the day off to do some revision. It almost 2pm and still have not managed to even open a text book. sheez
Aemiliana
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Let's see... I started at 9am, had an hour's break... So I've done 6-7 hours today. On very little sleep. And all my clocks are wrong. I know it was light outside when I woke up :erm: I think.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (362)
37.51%
No - but I will (74)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (67)
6.94%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (462)
47.88%

Watched Threads