POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated) Watch

Poll: Osama's death?
He was killed on the 1st of may. (121)
46.36%
He was killed earlyer than the 1st of may (65)
24.9%
He is still alive (37)
14.18%
He is a myth (38)
14.56%
grth
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Have photos of Osama been released yet? Until then I'm remaining skeptical. Especially since silly Fox News can't even decide who's dead: "Obama Bin Laden was killed today."
Stringer987
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Dekota-XS)
Imagine that you are the most wanted terorrist in the world, the UN officials have been in search for you for 10+ years, then you hear that the US is giving you a clean slate to start your life with, you have been declared dead so you can now start a new life with a new identity. Would you make a video saying that the US are lying and you are alive or would you relish your freedom? Answer's quite obvious.

Exactly. Infact, if you think of the mindset of a Briton at the moment, the British have been enjoying the royal wedding this weekend and the far east is aware of this, they won't be very happy about it. To add to it, Obama declares Bin Laden dead on a holiday weekend to give the British something else to celebrate about. The last time the British were this happy with the olympics, we had the 7/7 bombing the next day.

As for the BBC story:

If there was a firefight, how did the officials then manage to get so close to Osama so as to aim a clean shot at his head?
Lucky Shot??
Tabris
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Jampolo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ABCI23)
His birth certificate has been released. :facepalm:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washing...tificate_n.htm
“Susan Nordyke, the first twin, was born at 2:12 p.m. Hawaii time Aug. 5, 1961, and was given certificate No. 151 – 61 – 10637, which was filed with the Hawaii registrar Aug. 11, 1961.

“Gretchen Nordyke, the second twin, was born at 2:17 p.m. Hawaii time Aug. 5, 1961, and was given certificate No. 151 – 61 – 10638, which was also filed with the Hawaii registrar Aug. 11, 1961.”
“Note, Obama was given certificate No. 151 – 1961 – 10641, even though he was born Aug. 4, 1961, the day before the Nordyke twins, and his birth was registered with the Hawaii Department of Health registrar three days earlier, Aug. 8, 1961.”

Whats with the facepalm? Because when you look into things, you release there is always a bit left behind, such as this...

http://www.prisonplanet.com/obama-bi...s-forgery.html
wanderlust.xx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Jampolo)
You really think subliminal messaging doesn't work? Its in all the blockbuster films and music videos..
Believing something exists does not make it real... much like religion.
Reminisce
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Why do some people not see the importance of a burial in the sea!?!?!?!

First and foremost, it removes the need for a grave which may become a shrine for terrorists. Basically, he is not martyred in the physical sense. It is also completed within 24 hours which respects the Islamic Religion traditions.

It may arouse conspiracy but it is perfectly sensible and necessary.
SauravG
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Dekota-XS)
Imagine that you are the most wanted terorrist in the world, the UN officials have been in search for you for 10+ years, then you hear that the US is giving you a clean slate to start your life with, you have been declared dead so you can now start a new life with a new identity. Would you make a video saying that the US are lying and you are alive or would you relish your freedom? Answer's quite obvious.
A man who has been a terrorist for so many years and probably near his death (IF he was alive) would not accept a clean slate start, especially from the USA.
A man like him would rather die.
He is dead. My only question is when and how. It wasn't yesterday.
Tabris
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Reminisce)
Why do some people not see the importance of a burial in the sea!?!?!?!

First and foremost, it removes the need for a grave which may become a shrine for terrorists. Basically, he is not martyred. It is also completed within 24 hours which respects the Islamic Religion traditions.

It may arouse conspiracy but it is perfectly sensible and necessary.
He's still a martyr, but it doesn't give his followers someone to go to mourn/celebrate/whatever.

Either way, it's a good thing they did it. But it's going to get the foil hats stirring.
U.S Lecce
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Tabris)
**** yeah!
Pastel
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Its Amazing what the American's can do when the PS3 Network is Down
mel0n
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
http://twitter.com/#!/reallyvirtual a guy tweeting about it all without realising!
Reminisce
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Tabris)
He's still a martyr, but it doesn't give his followers someone to go to mourn/celebrate/whatever.

Either way, it's a good thing they did it. But it's going to get the foil hats stirring.
Too true. Undoubtedly, this unorthodox burial will make some suspicious but the thinking behind is totally rational to not deal with the complications a physical grave would bring.
U.S Lecce
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Pastel)
Its Amazing what the American's can do when the PS3 Network is Down
Lol i was thinking this exact thing earlier! Haha

So true but!
csea
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If I die because of this, I swear down, I'm telling God.
Jampolo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by wanderlust.xx)
Believing something exists does not make it real... much like religion.
History-Student
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
TommyWannabe
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by History-Student)
He's Gizmodo's resident artist isn't he.
U.S Lecce
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Reminisce)
Too true. Undoubtedly, this unorthodox burial will make some suspicious but the thinking behind is totally rational to not deal with the complications a physical grave would bring.
Yeh the way he was buried was the most rational way to do it. Bury him in the ground and you'll have problems with pilgrams visting and probably trying to take his body back. Cremate him would leave the difficulty of where to cremate him and what to do with the ashes and what implication would it have keeping his body in a certain country for a short period of time. So the best way to essentially dispose of him is to dump him in the deep sea, where no one can get to him and no one will hold resposibilty of his body.
The Cornerstone
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I wake up and I find this thread! This really a wtf moment right now! :lolwut:
EggmanD
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Jampolo)
And what does a clip show prove?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (510)
37.72%
No - but I will (103)
7.62%
No - I don't want to (92)
6.8%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (647)
47.86%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed