Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samptl)
    Debenhams are taking ages to respond now! This is really annoying!
    It's been nearly 2 weeks since mine and I've heard nothing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beccac94)
    Does anyone know what time debenhams phone thing is open to??? I only get home at half 6ish and my mum said I had a phone call and have to phone them back
    It's open monday-friday 9am-5pm, I dont know about Saturdays but it's not open sundays and bank holidays (I found that out the hard way when i had to wait 4ish days to call back, but luckily i still got an interview^.^)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannah_Dougherty)
    It's open monday-friday 9am-5pm, I dont know about Saturdays but it's not open sundays and bank holidays (I found that out the hard way when i had to wait 4ish days to call back, but luckily i still got an interview^.^)
    I phoned yesterday but I have to ring back next week cause I'm on work experience next week and not sure what times I'll be able to have an interview...typical but I asked and they don't work Saturdays either

ReputationRep:
    I applied for a Christmas Sales Assistant role on Friday and I got a phone call this morning asking if they could call me back later for a phone interview. The woman who did the interview was so friendly and nice and at the end they invited me to a face-to-face interview/icebreakers thing on Saturday. She said it would last about 2 1/2 hours, so I was wondering...

1. What kind of things will we be doing?
    2. What should I wear? I was thinking a dress and a blazer...
    3. When will they tell me if I've been successful or not?

Good luck to everyone job hunting at the moment. Persevere, it pays off!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callmehannah)
    I applied for a Christmas Sales Assistant role on Friday and I got a phone call this morning asking if they could call me back later for a phone interview. The woman who did the interview was so friendly and nice and at the end they invited me to a face-to-face interview/icebreakers thing on Saturday. She said it would last about 2 1/2 hours, so I was wondering...

Hey,congrats on getting invited to the face-to-face interviews!
    Well first of all, you start of in a group (usually 8/10) and you split to do a few simple tasks, like preparing answers for questions related to the role applied for and presenting them back to an assessor, then a practical related to the role. Then you'll do 1-1 interviews but don't worry, mine was so relaxed, and the questions they ask are really straight forward!
    Secondly, I'd say that's a pretty good choice of outfit, but don't wear smart heels as the practical part may be annoying if you do
    And thirdly, I don't know but I've heard anything from the day after, up to two weeks after...
    Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callmehannah)

Hi,
    I've got my phone interview tomorrow, do remember any of the questions they asked you in the phone interview?
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I've never had to wait this long after an interview before and I really wish they would just get back to me already. She told me that we'd hear back even if we're unsuccessful but I don't fancy waiting another one/two weeks just to be told that I haven't got the job. Sucks being so desperate for a job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deziah)
    I've never had to wait this long after an interview before and I really wish they would just get back to me already. She told me that we'd hear back even if we're unsuccessful but I don't fancy waiting another one/two weeks just to be told that I haven't got the job. Sucks being so desperate for a job.
    I feel the same way! And so do others but just have to keep positive and hopeful! When did you have your official interview? had mine last Tuesday and they said they would get back to me by this Saturday... I rang them up yesterday and the lady was like well your profile hasn't been updated and is still pending so it means they haven't made a decision up yet so that's good hope to me!

ReputationRep:
    i have my interview on Saturday for the sales adviser in the Ipswich store, anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    2 weeks and still nothing, ridiculous :rolleyes: What number do you call to check the status of your application? I'm expecting that I didn't get it and they just haven't told me, but still at least I'll know for sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nerd2)
    Hi,
    I've got my phone interview tomorrow, do remember any of the questions they asked you in the phone interview?
    Thanks.
    I realize I'm probably too late - started sixth form, been a bit busy - but during my phone interview, they asked me about the kind of role I thought I'd have, how I'd bring good customer service and how I'd deal with a sale.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannah_Dougherty)
    Hey,congrats on getting invited to the face-to-face interviews!
    Well first of all, you start of in a group (usually 8/10) and you split to do a few simple tasks, like preparing answers for questions related to the role applied for and presenting them back to an assessor, then a practical related to the role. Then you'll do 1-1 interviews but don't worry, mine was so relaxed, and the questions they ask are really straight forward!
    Secondly, I'd say that's a pretty good choice of outfit, but don't wear smart heels as the practical part may be annoying if you do
    And thirdly, I don't know but I've heard anything from the day after, up to two weeks after...
    Hope this helps!
    Great, thanks! This has made me less nervous...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiallD)
    2 weeks and still nothing, ridiculous :rolleyes: What number do you call to check the status of your application? I'm expecting that I didn't get it and they just haven't told me, but still at least I'll know for sure.
    Looks likes there has only actually been one of us on here who has actually heard back - we can't all have been unsuccessful! I'm hoping there is just a delay with applications or something, making us go through all this interview process to not even reply or tell us that we're unsuccessful at the last minute is just fustrating. Are you going to ring up? :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samptl)
    I feel the same way! And so do others but just have to keep positive and hopeful! When did you have your official interview? had mine last Tuesday and they said they would get back to me by this Saturday... I rang them up yesterday and the lady was like well your profile hasn't been updated and is still pending so it means they haven't made a decision up yet so that's good hope to me!
    Mine was two weeks this Saturday, just hope they make a decision for us all soon!

ReputationRep:
    Looks likes there has only actually been one of us on here who has actually heard back - we can't all have been unsuccessful! I'm hoping there is just a delay with applications or something, making us go through all this interview process to not even reply or tell us that we're unsuccessful at the last minute is just fustrating. Are you going to ring up? :-)
    Yeah I think I will, is it the same number that we had our phone interviews on? I'll give them a ring tomorrow I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiallD)
    Yeah I think I will, is it the same number that we had our phone interviews on? I'll give them a ring tomorrow I think
    I think I might do as well, no harm in asking. I'm not quite sure, they should be able to put you through anyway.

ReputationRep:
    "We will inform you of the outcome of your interview or assessment centre within ten days."

That's from their recruitment website. It's funny how we're all waiting longer than ten days!

ReputationRep:
    "We will inform you of the outcome of your interview or assessment centre within ten days."

That's from their recruitment website. It's funny how we're all waiting longer than ten days!
    I think the length of time it takes for you to find out depends on the store, job role and how quickly you said you could start working. I had my interview for a Christmas Sales Adviser this morning and during the interview I said I was available to start working ASAP. She called back about an hour ago to tell me I'd got the role, and I start in two weeks.

Good luck to anyone waiting on that call!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, i have my phone interview on Tuesday for Sales Advisor role, and i'm reallllyyy nervous because last time i messed it up and didn't get the job So i was wondering does anyone know what kind of questions they will ask so i can be prepared?
    Please and thank yous!

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview this morning and since so many different people are asking about the interview, I thought I'd compile a list of tips for you all. I got offered the job!

INTERVIEW TIPS:
    - do your research. Look on the Debenhams website for information on what exactly they sell and their main competitors.
    - arrive early. This will give you enough time to look around the shop and get an idea of where everything is, which is particularly helpful if you've never been there before.
    - be friendly. Don't see the other candidates as rivals, they're just people going through the same process you are. If you're friendly and (appropriately) chatty, the interviewers will see that you're able to build relationships quickly and easily and that you have no problem with talking to people you don't know, ie. customers!
    - stay hopeful. Some people hear back within a day, others won't hear for weeks. Stay positive and hopeful.
    - look around. Just because you interviewed at one place doesn't guarantee you a job there. If you get offered another interview during the waiting process, go for it! Then if the first job doesn't work out, you have something to fall back on.

Good luck to everyone!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.