Turn on thread page Beta

Embarrassing things in every day life watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fredscarecrow)
    At work once, at the till where a lady was buying a toy for her child. She then picked up something on the till and said (to the child) 'do you want this?' to which I said 'no thanks...'
    She just stared me down. I had to come up with some 'I'm sorry, it's been a very long day, I'm not quite with it' excuse whilst being bright red. I honestly thought she was speaking to me.
    lol...but it would have been more embarrassing if you said yes!

ReputationRep:
    Trying to do my good deed of the week, bought a load of packets of gingerbread men from Greggs to give to people.
    Asked my taxi driver if he wanted a bag.. to get a weird look,silence, then "no."

Walking into a lamppost and falling over, even worse to have an ongoing concussion from it 9 months later.

Getting my head stuck to a stop sign coming back from PE, 'cause it was sticky with wet garage paint.

Falling down some crowded stairs...

I could come up with a lot more. :P

Edit -
    First time I met my ex's mum, I was being fireman's lifted out of her house drunk, after trying to start a mosh pit.
    The second time, I was with my boyfriend and a few of his guy mates looking at close up pictures of Lady Gaga's crotch trying to decide if she was male or female.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    Standing up too early on the subway and falling onto the lap of the guy next to you :facepalm2:
    I've done that on the bus. And fell onto the lap of some old guy with a turban. Extremely awkward.

ReputationRep:
    - having to go to the loo during a seminar consisting of a small group of people because your stomach is acting up and you just *really* have to go. Then you stay away for 20min or so, come back in and sit down, then your bowels make a hell of a noise and you have to go again, resulting in you grabbing your stuff and awkwardly walk behind the group who is presenting something to get to the door. :eek: That was so embarrassing because everyone knew what was going on.

- Talking with a friend during lectures and being called out by the lecturer so everyone's head turns and everyone is staring at you.

- going down a hill with your skies too fast, toppling over and crashing head first into the snow, not getting any air and end up fainting with your legs up in the air and your head in the snow.

- Seeing someone you clearly know, saying "hi XY" and realising that is not their name at all.

ReputationRep:
    Realising you're talking too much.
    Trying to tactfully change what you said when you've offended someone.
    Arguing your point even though that ship has sailed.
    Waking up after a drunken night thinking 'Everything was fine last night...' and being proved wrong at all opportunities for the next week.

ReputationRep:
    Having to offer customers in the supermarket where I work a 10p bag for life, and constantly having my bag for life thrown back in my face in place of the free plastic bags.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sammy-lou)
    Having to offer customers in the supermarket where I work a 10p bag for life, and constantly having my bag for life thrown back in my face in place of the free plastic bags.
    Then don't offer them a bag for life. I never bother anymore unless I've got a manager anywhere near me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mocking_bird)
    Having to say "What?" more than three times and hoping a smile is a sufficient answer once they've repeated themselves a third time.
    This this this... It gets really hard to say it more than a few times, in the end I just make an ambiguous agreeing noise and smile

Ears, why are you so bad in crowded places T__T

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam6993)
    Then don't offer them a bag for life. I never bother anymore unless I've got a manager anywhere near me.
    But we're supposed to. Theres even a sticker on my till reminding me to do it! haha

ReputationRep:
    My friend told me my house had assembly, and I was quite early so I was the first one there.

Then some people I didn't recognise arrived and I thought nothing of it.
    Then more arrived and I got a bit confused.

And then the hall was full and the assembly was starting and I realised that it wasn't my house that had assembly, so I had to just stand up and walk out as nonchalantly as possible. :facepalm:

Apparently she thought I was in that house. :rolleyes:

And once I was skiing in a group, and we were just learning to walk with the skis on when suddenly I started hurtling down a hill... and nobody even noticed. I didn't stop until I hit a cabin, and then I couldn't get up so I had to wait for them to notice I was missing and find me.

ReputationRep:
    Before when it was none school uniform day I wore this top that had a long row of tiny beads on it. Anyway, at lunch time I was queing as usual with my dinner tray and while I was waiting I was messing with a piece of thread at the bottom of my top. The piece of thread must have snapped because all of a sudden I heard this noise and I looked down and all of the beads were falling on the floor. I quickly looked up and carried on as though nothing was happening but out of the corner of my eye I saw people staring and looking at all the beads. Lol it seems like nothing but it was so embarrassing for me and I quickly shoved some dinner on my tray and walked away with beads still coming off. I was glad when they had all fallen off lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McNicholl)
    Realising you're talking too much.
    Trying to tactfully change what you said when you've offended someone.
    Arguing your point even though that ship has sailed.
    Waking up after a drunken night thinking 'Everything was fine last night...' and being proved wrong at all opportunities for the next week.
    lol all these apply to me..apart from the last one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sammy-lou)
    lol i seen that happen, do you still ask people to buy the bags?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eyre2)
    lol i seen that happen, do you still ask people to buy the bags?
    I HAVE to, if I don't I risk getting marked down on job performance which would mean my pay gets decreased. So yes, bags are still offered haha

ReputationRep:
    grr i hate it when guest come to my house without me realising ....i just walked in with my pyjamas!!! :nooo:

ReputationRep:
    I was on my phone once and walked right into a lampost and dropped my phone. In front of a friend I hadn't known that long. My body kinda spasmed in shock as I did it too and my friend was doing impressions all the way home. I think I cried laughing

ReputationRep:
    Ive been in many embarrasing/stupid moments in my life and I cannot recall most of them in this tiresome state lol.

I do remember something from last year though:
    .In maths with 50/60 year old female teacher
    .Im only paying half attention to what she is saying
    .moreso talking to my friend, I'm scanning through my book
    .rediscover a disturbingly accurate doodle of a vagina in the back of my book
    .Say rather loudly to my friend "It's a vagina!"
    .I say this literally just after teacher asks the class "what might this be then" (referring to a function on the board)
    .I realise what just happened and hide my head in my hands after seeing the teacher glance over at me with a rather 'oh dear' expression

ReputationRep:
    Just happened to me...
    Come downstairs after a shower,trying to find work uniform-realise after you went to bed last night your brother's mates decided to stay over + pass out in the living room.
    This happens far too often!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VickyDoodle)
    Just happened to me...
    Come downstairs after a shower,trying to find work uniform-realise after you went to bed last night your brother's mates decided to stay over + pass out in the living room.
    This happens far too often!
    thats abit like what happend to me...although i was in my pyjamas!

ReputationRep:
    A really important Irish Vicar came to visit today. After a while he said he had to leave and I showed him to the door. As I opened the front door, a pigeon flew straight at me. I completely freaked out and hit the vicar. We both acted like nothing had happened. Not cool.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.