Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

what would happen if people had a white or caucasian society at a university watch

ReputationRep:
    The student room white society - anyone up for it?

ReputationRep:
    Let's be honest though, the reason white culture isn't used as much these days is because what do whites actually create nowadays? Black people have created an entirely new culture, whilst white people sit about doing nothing, just accepting life as it comes, not taking control. Black people have created their own music, their own style (which David Beckham borrows from heavily), and they are physically superior. White culture is a non-existent term since whites have not adapted culturally or produced anything artistically that is of any real comparable worth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wacabac)
    Let's be honest though, the reason white culture isn't used as much these days is because what to white guys actually create nowadays?
    Now that is one hell of a racist comment.

Have you looked around you lately?

Black people have created an entirely new culture, whilst white people sit about doing nothing, just accepting life as it comes, not taking control. Black people have created their own music, their own style (which David Beckham borrows from heavily), and they are physically superior.
    Ouch, that's as racist a comment as I have seen in a long time.

You honestly are unaware of white music, white fashion, white sportsmen, etc?

Do I really have to list some?

If your life is THAT sheltered then you really need to turn off your computer and get out into the real world.

ReputationRep:
    what do whites actually create nowadays?

white people sit about doing nothing, just accepting life as it comes, not taking control.

Black people have created their own music, their own style (which David Beckham borrows from heavily),

and they are physically superior.

White culture is a non-existent term since whites have not adapted culturally or produced anything artistically that is of any real comparable worth.

Racist racist racist.

Are you trying to wind people up.

How much literary culture have blacks produced compared to whites?
    How much cinematographic culture?
    How much theatre?
    How many operas?
    How many symphonies?

You highlight some RNB and rap music as evidence that blacks are the driving cultural force of the globe?

If you want African culture look no further than corruption, genocide, voodoo and buying white made weapons. Nice to know where the ingenuity is.

Oh wow - was that racist? Maybe I meant it maybe I didn’t. ... but perhaps you see how denigrating an entire race feels you ****ing complete and utter ****.

ReputationRep:
    Black people have created an entirely new culture,
    Based around gang violence and pimping? Congrats.

whilst white people sit about doing nothing,
    Except running the planet.

not taking control.
    Not being in control? Could have fooled me.

Black people have created their own music,
    With instruments inveted by whites, not to mention computers and mixing equipment.

their own style (which David Beckham borrows from heavily),
    David Beckham wears about 20 top designers regularly. How many are black?

and they are physically superior.
    Sure sure. WHat race is the heavyweight champ?

White culture is a non-existent term since whites have not adapted culturally or produced anything artistically that is of any real comparable worth.
    Oh yes - lets compare R Kelly and Mr Pinter. :rolleyes:

See we can all try and be racist - rather offensive no?

ReputationRep:
    what do whites actually create nowadays?
    white people sit about doing nothing
    These comments are not debate, they are at best provocative and at worst deliberately offensive - try and create constructive arguments and don't just fling any old racist rhetoric together in the hope that some of it will stick.

Such posts are not appropriate here and add nothing to discussion.

ReputationRep:
    If others do not condemn this post, it will certainly prove that double standards exist even on this forum. If such a thing were said about a non-white race there would be uproar.

ReputationRep:
    Let's be honest though, the reason white culture isn't used as much these days is because what do whites actually create nowadays? Black people have created an entirely new culture, whilst white people sit about doing nothing, just accepting life as it comes, not taking control. Black people have created their own music, their own style (which David Beckham borrows from heavily), and they are physically superior. White culture is a non-existent term since whites have not adapted culturally or produced anything artistically that is of any real comparable worth.
    You shouldn't have said that! I was happy having the moral high ground, not having to resort to the BNP folk when trying to back up any claims i made. But associating with racists isn't what MY side(hehe) does!

I really, really believe this signals the end of the debate, for both sides. I just knew it would descend into tripe, thread always do when they run out of steam. Noone really had anything to add.

To just tie it all up, i'd like to say i actually enjoyed debating with Lawz, was awed by Laika, was annoyed by Bedford, who i believe was carried through on eagles wings, and was a bit stupid. He added nothing that Lawz hadn't, or couldn't address. I know you'll be tempted to say the same about me in regards to Laika, but if you look, i instigated many of the new dimensions, particulalry the points about how black and white are used in society. I really feel like the debate has come to its end, mainly because we won't agree it seems, on the subject of the uses of the words "black" and "white" in society, or even how they are used for the purposes of university societies, even if not in general society. I truly believe that they use the word "black" i societies in a way that you, Lawz, just disagree with. And maybe sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. It dosnt matter. And i am leaving it there on my part, debate-specifically mind you. I probably won't be able to resist commenting again, especially if SOMETHING NEW comes up.

wacabac, i don't believe you meant what you said, i think you were just trolling. But if you did mean it, you are at best misguided, at worst......

ReputationRep:
    Well I think we've all certainly seen your true colours Lawz and Paul, but I don't see why my comments, which you two seem to think are racist, have to be responded to with racism in return?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawz-)
    If others do not condemn this post, it will certainly prove that double standards exist even on this forum. If such a thing were said about a non-white race there would be uproar.
    Such ignorant racist comments have no place anywhere.

There has been enough borderline racism in this thread, but now it's just getting blatant, it's not even attempting to offer an argument, just a slew of insults against one race or another (in this case the white race).

Inexcusable.

ReputationRep:
    That you cant see your posts as inherently disgusting and racist is telling indeed. I have nothing further to say to you. You are a prejudice and profoundly offensive person. There have of course been indications before which I chose to try and ignore.

At times this debate with others has got a tad heated, and perhaps personal, which is often is my fault; especially undeservedly against cottonmouth. My flaw.

You however, have chosen to post patently absurd notions... such as the idea that "whites" don’t contribute anything to culture, and thus have chosen to insult an entire race. At that point we leave the realm of harmless banter and enter one where bigotry and racism reign.

I honestly fall asleep dreaming about the untimely death of people such as you which TRULY ensure that racial tension persists and colour is never relegated to an irrelevant characteristic.

I honestly fall asleep dreaming about the untimely death of people such as you which TRULY ensure that racial tension persists and colour is never rlegated to an irrelevant charactersitc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawz-)
    At time this debate with others has got a tad heated, and perhaps personal, which is often is my fault. Especially undeservedly against cottonmouth. My flaw.
    Too true.

(Original post by Lawz-)
    I honestly fall asleep dreaming about the untimely death of people such as you which TRULY ensure that racial tension persists and colour is never rlegated to an irrelevant charactersitc.
    Ouch. If you truly wished colour was relegated to an irrelevant characteristic, why do you harp on about white and black, white and black, white culture, black culture? I expressly stated that a "white society" wouldn't be a big deal, yet you insisted a huge furore would be caused by such a thing. And you are the one saying colour isn't an irrelevant characterstic...

ReputationRep:
    Ouch. If you truly wished colour was relegated to an irrelevant characteristic, why do you harp on about white and black, white and black, white culture, black culture? I expressly stated that a "white society" wouldn't be a big deal, yet you insisted a huge furore would be caused by such a thing. And you are the one saying colour isn't an irrelevant characterstic...
    Until you retract or explain your OBVIOUSLY incindiary and absurdly racist posts, I have no intention of debating anything with you. This is not the first time you have made a racist comment, and you have the nerve to ask others where they stand?

Seriously. If you were joking, fine, in poor taste, but I never take offense at a joke. If you were being serious, then yes, I genuinely consider we would all be better off if you were hit by a bus tomorrow. If next week I discovered you had just passed on, having been in a coma for 7 days, I would honestly do my "we lost a racist dance" and open some champagne.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paul Bedford)
    Such ignorant racist comments have no place anywhere.
    What, like these you mean?...

If you want African culture look no further than corruption, genocide, voodoo and buying white made weapons. Nice to know where the ingenuity is.
    (When stated that Black people have created an entirely new culture)...
    Based around gang violence and pimping? Congrats.
    (When stated that White culture is not quick to evolve as black culture, so what is white man doing creatively?)...
    Except running the planet.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. EXACTLY. Thank you for grasping my point.

Of course I dont believe any of those things, but they are the racial equivilent of YOUR posts.

If mine are racist, then your's certainly are.

It was an exercise in demonstrating how ****ing idiotic your comments were.

Welcome to shame by analogy.

ReputationRep:
    Too true.

One thing that irritates me. Paul for example, said to me once, something along the lines of "you sem obsessed with race".

If there are threads about race, and you come onto D+D, its likely you will go and post on them and become embroiled in a debate. That makes it seem like you talk about, and have a preoccupation with, race issues. You don't. The reason we have harped on about race and culture is because thats what the thread is about. I'll even give Lawz a hand here- he has said he doesnt think any such socities should really exist, and the debate has centred on whether there are double standards. He is arguing for a white society, doesnt mean he wants one to exist. HE IS TRYING TO PROVE A DOUBLE STANDARD- one, that i do not believe exists, but there we go. Really, people should leave the thread now!

Wacabac, i pos- repped you earlier, don't tell me my assertions that you were a rational guy were wrong. If people are bored by the thread, just leave it, don't make the s**t hit the fan

ReputationRep:
    Ok then, don't debate, explain why you retorted by making racist comments about black people? I'm not black, you both just made an example of what total and utter racist fools you are. I could understand it more if you turned and attacked my race, but why blacks? Some pent up racist anger there?

ReputationRep:

(When stated that Black people have created an entirely new culture)...

(When stated that White culture is not quick to evolve as black culture, so what is white man doing creatively?)...
    Those comments were all to show how such comments such as yours were racist.

You have taken those deliberately out of context.

They were not attacks on another race, but examples of attacks.

Yours was a deliberate act of racism.

You are a disgrace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paul Bedford)
    Those comments were all to show how such comments such as yours were racist.

You have taken those deliberately out of context.

They were not attacks on another race, but examples of attacks.

Yours was a deliberate act of racism.

You are a disgrace.
    Oh now that's not fair. Mine was an example of an attack too then.

ReputationRep:
    Ok then, don't debate, explain why you retorted by making racist comments about black people? I'm not black, you both just made an example of what total and utter racist fools you are. I could understand it more if you turned and attacked my race, but why blacks? Some pent up racist anger there?
    No, just to show how your comments are equally as racist as the worst sort of racist comments.

The ones you have used were examples of racism, not acts of racism.

Yours was a deliberate act of racism, that is a completely different thing.

The fact that you are even trying to argue this issue or defend it says a hell of a lot.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.