The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
Dhesi
I dont think bribery can go unchallenged, something must be done. Someone cannot win an election after having bribed with rep, doesnt work that way. Lets keep corruption out of the MUN.

tough crap, no rules against it so stop whinging.
Reply 521
UnaChance
Why? Has someone been Bribing *Goes back to read what I've missed*

:ninja:

:vroam:
Reply 522
6+6=6
tough crap, no rules against it so stop whinging.

Id say it should be taken as read, its not right.
Reply 523
Dhesi
Id say it should be taken as read, its not right.

lifes not right. its not right that most of the debaters in the MUN dont participate regularly. its not right that ElWilson is still around. but hey, c'est la vie. get used to it or spend the rest of your life moaning, up to you.
Reply 524
6+6=6
lifes not right. its not right that most of the debaters in the MUN dont participate regularly. its not right that ElWilson is still around. but hey, c'est la vie. get used to it or spend the rest of your life moaning, up to you.

Ill spend my life doing whats right, or what you call "moaning". Just because you have clearly done something wrong I will not accept it.
Reply 525
Dhesi
Ill spend my life doing whats right, or what you call "moaning". Just because you have clearly done something wrong I will not accept it.

you can whinge all you like,but at the end of the day you can do nothing else, so carry on whilst i ignore your squeaking.
Reply 526
6+6=6
you can whinge all you like,but at the end of the day you can do nothing else, so carry on whilst i ignore your squeaking.

How mature.
Reply 527
Dhesi
How mature.

right, cos my maturity is determined by my actions on an internet forum:rolleyes:

there is a life beyond TSR, as hard as that may be for you to accept, just get over it.
Reply 528
6+6=6
right, cos my maturity is determined by my actions on an internet forum:rolleyes:

there is a life beyond TSR, as hard as that may be for you to accept, just get over it.

*sarcasm*Im sorry I obviously expected too much of you to be mature on the internet.
Reply 529
its not regarding the internet, its regarding a single forum, which whilst it may play a huge role in your life is simply a pastime for me, where there is no need for me to be mature or sensible as long as i keep within the rules of the forum.
Reply 530
6+6=6
its not regarding the internet, its regarding a single forum, which whilst it may play a huge role in your life is simply a pastime for me, where there is no need for me to be mature or sensible as long as i keep within the rules of the forum.

No you'll find it plays a small role in my life. Anyway Ive had enough of this argument.
6+6=6

Although it may be a pasttime for you, we don't want cheating to ruin our time in the MUN. We may enjoy this or think a lot more of it than you do, and don't want our posting and activities here ruined by your selfish and cheating behaviour.
Reply 532
cant see how my behaviour has in any way ruined the "MUN experience" for anyone. if however, you want a dig because you felt insulted regarding comments i made elsewhere regarding you, comments for which you had no response, then fine carry on, but do not expect me to change my outlook because it fails to fit into your perfect world.
Reply 533
Why is the MUN disintegrating into an amalgam of petty insults & squabblings?
6+6=6
cant see how my behaviour has in any way ruined the "MUN experience" for anyone. if however, you want a dig because you felt insulted regarding comments i made elsewhere regarding you, comments for which you had no response, then fine carry on, but do not expect me to change my outlook because it fails to fit into your perfect world.

If you were elected under false pretences by bribing someone, we would have lost a perfectly good French rep candidate, who probably could have done the job much better than someone who had to give rep to get elected. You'll be elected cos you can rep, not cos you are right. That is ruining the experience.
aiman
Why is the MUN disintegrating into an amalgam of petty insults & squabblings?

Two elections going at once, emotions running high, bribery, its only temporary I'm sure.
Reply 536
brimstone
If you were elected under false pretences by bribing someone, we would have lost a perfectly good French rep candidate, who probably could have done the job much better than someone who had to give rep to get elected. You'll be elected cos you can rep, not cos you are right. That is ruining the experience.

and yet being a member of a clique allowing you to form a monopoly on the MUN and gain votes for whatever you want is fine?:rolleyes:

hardly anything here is judged on ability but more on friendships, wake up and smell the coffee.
Erm, I'm only friends with like, three at the most of people at the MUN, two I know for a fact did not vote for me.
Reply 538
Nightowl
Erm, I'm only friends with like, three at the most of people at the MUN, two I know for a fact did not vote for me.

im not talking about you personally. my point is that MOST people here get things done by forming friendships not by their ability. if you were very skilled at screwing your debaters into the ground you would end up with a bank of enemies with a grudge against you. however you would get far by attempting to be friends with everyone and so maintaining a very neutral and amicable style of debating, so my point is that nobody wins an election here because of their ability but more becuase of their frienships and because of other methods. feel free to look down on me for attempting to bribe voters but nearly all of you have in one way or another not played a fair game, the truth hurts.
Reply 539

im not talking about you personally. my point is that MOST people here get things done by forming friendships not by their ability. if you were very skilled at screwing your debaters into the ground you would end up with a bank of enemies with a grudge against you. however you would get far by attempting to be friends with everyone and so maintaining a very neutral and amicable style of debating, so my point is that nobody wins an election here because of their ability but more becuase of their frienships and because of other methods. feel free to look down on me for attempting to bribe voters but nearly all of you have in one way or another not played a fair game, the truth hurts.

Not really. I hardly know the person I voted for in the French Rep election. I observed his/her style and skill at debating and voted for her/him. He/She is a mere aquaintance, not a friend.

Latest

Trending

Trending