Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I thought I did alright but no exaggeration -NOONE has said it went alright. Leads to me to think I did awfully. Uh oh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoshL123)
    So t wasn't -1 ;/
    Nope it was 1 when I fixed it :/ If it makes you feel any better I forgot to then sub t=1 in to work out the coordinates :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Also Guys the Angel was 171. It wasn't asking for the acute angle.

The triangle can have an angle of 171 since the total degrees for a triangle is 180 that leave 9 degrees to be split between the other two.

no where did it state it was a regular pyramid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakePreedy)
    Great, I agree with you on all of them :-) Although, I couldn't do 10i or 10ii (the proof part), but I spotted what they were getting at for 10iii so grabbed the marks there :P The volume of the pyramid was 9.33 I believe (to 3sf)
    Did you take -x out as a factor, to prove it was the same as the binomial function?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlesanaWill)
    It's the 171 I think for volume to use the 1/2 ab sin C formula. It helped to draw a diagram.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I stayed with 8. whatever, because on the question, you worked out what AC and AB were, then it asked for BAC, so you'd do dot product of BA and AC, which means you use the negative of what you have previously worked out, giving you a positive number to do cos-1, giving 8. whatever. Then, this could be used directly in the 1/2absinC. That was my thinking, anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrissii)
    I only paid £25 for my graphical, but it forgot to even use it to help me with that parametric question!
    That sucks. I'll freely admit my graphical calculator saved me on that question as it made me realise I'd made an error (initially said it was a max point).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SJ12345)
    OMG! I've done 1/2lnsecx instead of lnsec2x. Now I'm depressed
    So did I! I just read that and strung out swear words. How stupid.

ReputationRep:
    Sin 171 = sin 9 doesn't it? so it won't mess up the volume question

ReputationRep:
    I think it was a decent paper, only tough one was the last question and the volume of the pyramid. The highest grade boundaries have been 61 for an A and the lowest have been 51 so i would guess at about 56/57 for an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    I don't understand that? I don't understand why you have to divide by 2...
    It's just the same as intergrating cos2x.. You get 1/2sin2x ..

ReputationRep:
    Tough paper! I completely forgot how to integrate tan2x.

I ended up integrating to 1/2tan2x (I know that's completely wrong) and then I applied the limits and got a random answer! - I should get 1 mark for applying the limits?

I think the grade boundaries will be around 52 for an A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theo115)
    Ben, I do not agree with your answer for the angle BAC because you had to find the angle between the vector BA and the vector AC. I believe what you did was find the angle between AB and AC which is incorrect. I got the same answer as you but did 180-ans, to achieve an answer of 8.68 degrees. I am so annoyed though because I messed up on the differential equation and consequently the question after about the volume. Hopefully I will get error carried forward. Hopefully.
    It's odd because although I don't know whether AB dot AC (what I did) or BA dot AC was required I got 171.3 degrees but then went on to say - thus acute angle is 8.68 degrees - does it even matter which one you do? I'm not too sure about this one really - I mean it makes sense to think that AB dot AC leads you to the angle BAC just by drawing the diagram - so now I thinking I am thinking that I should have just stayed with 171.3 degrees. Then again I may have even taken the wrong dot product so who knows. I guess we'll have to wait for Mr M

ReputationRep:
    Grade boundaries for June are always lower than Jan .. so some hope - perhaps??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lindseyjm)
    So did I! I just read that and strung out swear words. How stupid.
    It was 1/2ln(sec2x) anyway..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirity)

The triangle can have an angle of 171 since the total degrees for a triangle is 180 that leave 9 degrees to be split between the other two.

When two lines meet, there is an acute and obtuse angle, so both are acceptable, as it didn't state which it wanted. They always allow both in the mark scheme, unless they've asked for acute

ReputationRep:
    The problem I had with the int(tan2x) was that in the formula book it said the int(tanx) is lnIsecxl so, does that mean the int(tan2x) is lnlsec2xl? (it obviously does not now) . But what I'm trying to say is that the "k" coefficient of the tankx is not in the formula book. Unlike the other inegration formulas. So in my opinion it should say int(tankx) is 1/klnlseckxl.

Anyone know what I'm trying to say? lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirity)

is that even possible?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holz888)
    When two lines meet, there is an acute and obtuse angle, so both are acceptable, as it didn't state which it wanted. They always allow both in the mark scheme, unless they've asked for acute
    I put 8.something as well but they were actually vectors, they have length, they weren't lines that continued forever.

EDIT: By the way I don't know what the correct answer is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 94Singh)
    Grade boundaries for June are always lower than Jan .. so some hope - perhaps??
    No point putting your hopes on this, last year it was higher grade boundaries in June

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samthegooner)
    It's so unfair, I'd much rather have an easier paper and actually give students the chance to show their talent.
    That paper was so bad, the difference between the top and bottom achievers won't be very much because there were so 'few' standard questions. I don't mind them being hard, just that they are fairly standard. Question 10 WTF?
    I'm sorry, but I completely disagree. What you've said actually makes no sense. When there is an easier paper, it's difficult to differentiate between the top and bottom students becaus even th bottom students can do all the questions, consequently, the results are dependent on who makes the fewest silly mistakes.
    Certainly your claim that there will be no difference between top and bottom is rubbish, considering many people at my centre thought the paper was fine and some thought it was awful.
    The paper was hard but the questions really weren't as 'left field' as you're making out :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.