Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    what does the bonding diagram look like for NO2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _FDarr13)
    Doesn't photodissociation always cause radical formation though? I've never seen ions being formed from UV
    I think if the bond is electronegative or something, it can (but not always) be heterolytic fission, which means ions not radicals. However, I'm not sure that's on the spec, and if it is it hasn't come up in any of the past papers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by super121)
    water is made up of OH and H so when the double bond breaks, each carbon can make another bond and you have H and OH, so they can go on either carbon.
    Thank you, but just to clarify, why is it that it's only given on the mark scheme as being added on the sides, would it matter where the H and OH are added? :s

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Branny101)
    Thank you, but just to clarify, why is it that it's only given on the mark scheme as being added on the sides, would it matter where the H and OH are added? :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, it doesn't matter where on the carbons they are bonded

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How to identify addition and condensation polymerisation?

ReputationRep:
    When I'm doing past papers should I do the advance notice questions, If I do then will I have to read the notice in advance?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahhh okay, so just to be on the safe side...

Oh and btw, should the structure be drawn skeletal or full? As, again, the mark scheme is vague on this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    anyone got a cer summary thing?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi do you know what the bonding in NO2 is like, 2 teachers told me 2 different ways which sucks :/

ReputationRep:
    I would say, it depends on what they give it to you as, but they usually just accept both (but be on the safe side)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    In

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yunggee)
    Hi do you know what the bonding in NO2 is like, 2 teachers told me 2 different ways which sucks :/
    NO2 is a radical, so double bonds with the Oxygens and an unpaired electron on the nitrogen

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michmic)
    How to identify addition and condensation polymerisation?
    Addition polymerisation is when two or more smaller monomer units join together to form a larger molecule (polymer), without the loss of any small molecules.

Condensation polymerisation is when two or more smaller monomer units join together to form a larger molecule (polymer), with the loss of a smaller molecule (usually water or HCL).

This exam mainly focuses on addition polymerisation; I'll be very surprised if they mention condensation polymerisation as its not on the spec and focused more in F334.

ReputationRep:
    I would say, it depends on what they give it to you as, but they usually just accept both (but be on the safe side)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thankayouuuu

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    On the advance notice, does the arrow going from Nitrogen to oxygen for nitrous oxide mean the nitrogen is contributing the electrons to the dative bond? So the oxygen is effectively not using any of its own electrons to bond?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Hotpie)
    On the advance notice, does the arrow going from Nitrogen to oxygen for nitrous oxide mean the nitrogen is contributing the electrons to the dative bond? So the oxygen is effectively not using any of its own electrons to bond?
    You're correct, remember to show all the lone pairs as well

ReputationRep:
    OH bonded to a benzene ring is called a phenol
    Do we have to know how to name phenols?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by etadri)
    does anyone know what topics are more likely to show up tomorrow?
    Topics in F332

ReputationRep:
    what does the bonding diagram look like for NO2?
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...946&p=42940383

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...946&p=42940383

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.