Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john712)
    For the dot and cross diagram did you have to transfer sodium to chloride so it got 8 on outershrll? And 2 sodiums to the chloride?
    Wasn't is two chlorine atoms?...

ReputationRep:
    For the dot and cross diagram did you have to transfer sodium to chloride so it got 8 on outershrll? And 2 sodiums to the chloride?
    Wasn't the dot and cross diagram on chlorine though? Or is that another question...?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BP_Tranquility)
    Wasn't the dot and cross diagram on chlorine though? Or is that another question...?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What did you put for the chlorine for and cross model I didn't have a clue I did sodium chloride because literally didnt know what it meant

ReputationRep:
    What did you put for the chlorine for and cross model I didn't have a clue I did sodium chloride because literally didnt know what it meant
    I did two chlorine molecules in a covalent bond, with two shared electrons I think. If I'm thinking of the same question.

ReputationRep:
    Was the option D on the precipitate question the last option? Because I can remember putting the last option.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boldred)
    I did two chlorine molecules in a covalent bond, with two shared electrons I think. If I'm thinking of the same question.
    OMG I think I got this because I put an atom in the middle with four electrons and then on either side I put two atoms that had two dots/ electrons that made eight on the outer shell.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  diag_chlorine_2.gif
Views: 55
Size:  2.1 KB
    I drew that ^
    Not sure if that is right though as chemistry is my weakest subject. I found the exam easier than expected but I'm hoping that my high grades in C1/2/3 and coursework will keep my grade on an A.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    easy paper; was like doing a foundation chemistry paper.

i only need 52/85 but reckon i have 79/85.

easier than i expected.

EDIT: yeah as that makes sense; giving me negative ratings just because i did well and expressing my opinion towards the exam. moron

ReputationRep:
    How many marks was the dott and cross I lost out on the marks :/

ReputationRep:
    Guys what do you think grade bounadries will be for an A and A* for this and chemistry releastically?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChloBrown98)
    OMG I think I got this because I put an atom in the middle with four electrons and then on either side I put two atoms that had two dots/ electrons that made eight on the outer shell.
    isn't it meant to look like this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebit...chlorine_2.gif

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeadUnicorn)
    isn't it meant to look like this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebit...chlorine_2.gif
    I did that but inside each one I put Cl- does that make mine wrong s: ????

ReputationRep:
    Oh haha I did it completely wrong haha

ReputationRep:
    haha don't worry, it was probably only worth a mark or two

ReputationRep:
    haha don't worry, it was probably only worth a mark or two
    Thanks How did you find the exam?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks How did you find the exam?
    Sort of challenging, some questions I think I messed up, but after looking at the ones on here I probably didn't do as bad as I first thought lol What about you?

ReputationRep:
    I loved this exam.The 6 markers were great and everything I wanted to come up did!! Hopefully it is an A*!

ReputationRep:
    You might get a mark or two and other parts of the paper were easier !

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThenAaliyahSaid)
    I loved this exam.The 6 markers were great and everything I wanted to come up did!! Hopefully it is an A*!
    That compare Hydration and Fermentation one was SOO easy! I thought 'oh god' because i was expecting to have to remember each advantage/disadvantage for Hydration and Fermentation off the top of my head xD

Anyone-Any ideas if physics will be easier or harder than these?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cameron262)
    Where will the physics thread for this group of exams be?
    here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...5#post43136215

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.