Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanb97)
    well grade...

i dont think anyone on this thread has failed (peoples answers dont represent it anyway) .... everyone has got an A* i think
    Well unfortunately, I got 3 A's in my exams. I was one of the highest's in my school but coming to TSR, I see that A*'s are more common and I feel a bit crap knowing that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BP_Tranquility)
    I'm not sure in how much detail we have to know this but what you described in the first part is correct and the second part is correct about transfusion (so you answered 2/3 of the question ). During the blood donation process, you give/donate a certain amount of blood which is then screened for disease and blood group and rhesus information is recorded before it is transfused.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I WAS GOING TO MENTION ABOUT BLOOD BEING SCREENED!! Answer my question then, its a few posts back. You're not getting off that easy :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IHTWFR)
    Explain how an increase in humidity affects transpiritation and how air movement affects transpiritation?
    Increase in humidity decreases transpiration since there is more water vapour in the air, so less diffusion occurs between the leaves and the air.

Air movement increases transpiration as the water vapour is moved away in the, decreasing the concentration of water in the air, so more diffusion can occur.

Describe the differences between a single circulatory system in a fish and a double circulatory system in a human.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well unfortunately, I got 3 A's in my exams. I was one of the highest's in my school but coming to TSR, I see that A*'s are more common and I feel a bit crap knowing that
    You never know, many people on here could by lying...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    don't the reason lots of people on TSR have A*s are because they are very independent and driven learners :P A*s are only given to the very top percentage of people who sit the exam, they are not common :P

ReputationRep:
    Increase in humidity decreases transpiration since there is more water vapour in the air, so less diffusion occurs between the leaves and the air.

Air movement increases transpiration as the water vapour is moved away in the, decreasing the concentration of water in the air, so more diffusion can occur.

Describe the differences between a single circulatory system in a fish and a double circulatory system in a human.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    SPOT ON MATE!

In a single circulatory system, blood goes from the heart to the body and back to the heart, also the heart of a fish only has a 2 chambered heart whereas humans circulatory system makes 2 trips to the heart, deoxygenated blood goes from the heart to the lungs then the oxygenated blood is brought back to heart to be pumped around the body then back to heart. The heart of humans contain a 4 chambered heart.

Explain some ethical issues surrounding intensive farming

ReputationRep:
    If people lie about that BP, then honestly it is a sad thing. I'd rather be proud of saying I got 3 solid A's (2 - 3 UMS off A* in all 3 of them but it was £45 for a remark for each).

(Original post by NatashaG)
    don't the reason lots of people on TSR have A*s are because they are very independent and driven learners :P A*s are only given to the very top percentage of people who sit the exam, they are not common :P
    I'm very independent and driven but its just that sometimes my revision is ineffective and I change methods all the time! However, I am predicted 7A*'s, 3A's and 3B's but the amount of practise people on TSR has made me feel a bit behind however it is a good thing as I'm working harder than ever as it's such a good environment!

ReputationRep:
    If people lie about that BP, then honestly it is a sad thing. I'd rather be proud of saying I got 3 solid A's (2 - 3 UMS off A* in all 3 of them but it was £45 for a remark for each).

I'm very independent and driven but its just that sometimes my revision is ineffective and I change methods all the time! However, I am predicted 7A*'s, 3A's and 3B's but the amount of practise people on TSR has made me feel a bit behind however it is a good thing as I'm working harder than ever as it's such a good environment!
    Well I think you know your stuff! the time now is for recapping any areas you struggle with, just relax and I'm sure your hard efforts will pay off since you say you are working harder than ever now and you nearly got A*s last time, I'm sure A*s are well within your reach!

haha sorry if I sound like a bloody teacher I don't mean to :P

ReputationRep:
    you shouldnt feel like that..... this exam is 40% ... so this should boost your mark !

Whats BP?

wow..soo many subjects.... i only have around 9/10 ..... grrr

Ryan

ReputationRep:
    SPOT ON MATE!

In a single circulatory system, blood goes from the heart to the body and back to the heart, also the heart of a fish only has a 2 chambered heart whereas humans circulatory system makes 2 trips to the heart, deoxygenated blood goes from the heart to the lungs then the oxygenated blood is brought back to heart to be pumped around the body then back to heart. The heart of humans contain a 4 chambered heart.

Explain some ethical issues surrounding intensive farming
    Ooh, ethical issues (I dislike these types of questions since they don't seem like science to me lol )

Intensive farming causes animals to be put into very cramped conditions which raises issues on animal cruelty.

Explain the consequences of damaged valves and blocked coronary arteries and how they can be fixed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    you shouldnt feel like that..... this exam is 40% ... so this should boost your mark !

Whats BP?

Ryan
    Lol, I think BP is me that's being referred to :lolz:
    You have no idea how much I'm laughing :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The people on this thread are really the top few % of those taking this exam...

Considering not all our answers are perfect, I think that says something about the rest of the cohort...

Imagine them?

Our grade boundaries will be so low...

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, ethical issues (I dislike these types of questions since they don't seem like science to me lol )

Intensive farming causes animals to be put into very cramped conditions which raises issues on animal cruelty.

Explain the consequences of damaged valves and blocked coronary arteries and how they can be fixed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They aren't but sadly OCR beg to differ.

The consequences of damaged valves is the risk of back flow which causes deoxygenated blood and oxygenated blood to mix meaning less oxygeon to the body causing heart to work faster - is this right? It can be fixed by artificial heart valves replacing the old valves however there is a disadvantage as this needs regular maintenance... I don't think what I said was right?

I have no clue about coronary arteries, all I know is that they are blocked due to a build up of fatty
    acids??

How are minerals in active transport taken up by the plant and what type of concentration does the soil have in which the minerals are taken up from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    The people on this thread are really the top few % of those taking this exam...

Considering not all our answers are perfect, I think that says something about the rest of the cohort...

Imagine them?

Our grade boundaries will be so low...
    my class is full of lazy peoples

i think out of around 60 people who took bio last january....
    1 A*
    2/3 A
    2/3 B's

the rest C/D/E/U

it was pathetic!

to think around 5 people got U's//// i think tht was less than 6 marks .... a C was only 18 i think

ryan

ReputationRep:

Whats BP?

Ryan
    I hope it does boost my mark I was forced to take ICT, iGCSE English, RE and Graphics as additional subjects so I had no choice as did the other 295 in my year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NatashaG)
    Well I think you know your stuff! the time now is for recapping any areas you struggle with, just relax and I'm sure your hard efforts will pay off since you say you are working harder than ever now and you nearly got A*s last time, I'm sure A*s are well within your reach!

haha sorry if I sound like a bloody teacher I don't mean to :P
    Honestly, don't worry about it. It's nice that you are putting an effort into motivating me Thanks a lot :P

ReputationRep:
    I hope it does boost my mark I was forced to take ICT, iGCSE English, RE and Graphics as additional subjects so I had no choice as did the other 295 in my year
    oh wow....our year only has 150 people i think
    so are some of your subjects just on different exam boards e.g. english

but wow....how many exams did you have - will have had?

ReputationRep:
    my class is full of lazy peoples

i think out of around 60 people who took bio last january....
    1 A*
    2/3 A*
    2/3 B's

the rest C/D/E/U

it was pathetic!

to think around 5 people got U's//// i think tht was less than 6 marks .... a C was only 18 i think

ryan
    A cocky friend of mine took the piss out of me revising a month early for my exam and constantly declining every request by him to make me come out. Turns out, he revised the day before for each exam and got D's. He improved by literally 2 UMS from his previous result and his mum was proud. She failed her GCSEs, so did her daughter but there results were U's and F's.

ReputationRep:
    A cocky friend of mine took the piss out of me revising a month early for my exam and constantly declining every request by him to make me come out. Turns out, he revised the day before for each exam and got D's. He improved by literally 2 UMS from his previous result and his mum was proud. She failed her GCSEs, so did her daughter but there results were U's and F's.
    wow... a lot of poeple are like that

i should be revising...not procrastinating... did anyone see simon cowell get egged on BGT final ?

im going

ReputationRep:
    Seeing as we're on the subject, before I came on TSR I would have been really happy with just one or two A*s, but the longer I spend here and the more really successful and smart people I see, the higher my expectations go. Now I'm expecting myself to get at least 6 A*s. -.-

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.