Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ani97)
    Hi everyone
    I'm not looking forward to results day at all! I'm getting really stressed over it and it's always at the back of my mind even when I'm trying to forget about it. I've applied to one of the best sixth forms in the country and thy want over 8A* grades, so I got a conditional offer. When I say some exams they didn't go as well as I thought and it could be te difference between an A and A*. I'm really worried especially since if I do bad I'll feel terrible and my parents will be disappointed. I haw high expectations in myself , as in 10A* or more and it is really hard to do . Can someone offer any advice before I literally die of hyperventilation?
    Hey! First of all, I know exactly how you feel. It's like a dull sort of annoying voice in the back of your head that keeps worrying you, and I end up having a panic/anxiety attack every time I think about it. My advice for you is to find a hobby that helps keep your mind off of it (mine was piano, badminton and exercise). Plus it's good for you! And yeah, sure you may have dropped a couple of marks but it happens to the best of us. Also, don't worry. I'm sure you did great. We're always programmed to underestimate ourselves, I'm sure you'll be very pleased with your results in August! Enjoy your summer, don't worry so much (although it IS easier said that done, but it's in the best interest.)

ReputationRep:
    Hi everybody! (Hi Doctor Nick!)

Joking aside I could not be so anxious and terrified till results day. I know I probably will wake up at 6 on that day and just stare at the car until it is time to go, all while slowly rocking in the corner humming to myself and checking the time..... I don't know why I am so nervous but there's so much pressure from my family, from my new sixth form and even my friends because if they get all amazing results and I barely get a GCSE I have no idea how I could act happy for them as I am dying inside.

Although if all goes well and I get A*s (finger crossed) I would bust out every song and dance I know right there at my school with everyone watching :danceboy:!!!! I wish Summer wasn't so long only because the waiting is the worst bit

ReputationRep:
    Casually praying for 10.5 C grades...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If I pass chemistry i'll cry with joy, hate it so much. Thank god I'm not doing it anymore!

ReputationRep:
    I've set myself really high targets and I just hope I can get them

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by purple_cat)
    I have a feeling that I lost it during study leave and/or became complacent so I don't think my results will be as good as I have hoped :K:
    Ditto :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Just had my induction day...students there have really high expectations. Thing is, they meet them.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully the 'Career's evening' talks tonight will help me decide on what to do following sixth form. But the next time I'll see the inside of the college I want to go to will be to apply (had the last 'induction' thing last week)

Posted from TSR for iPhone

ReputationRep:
    Life goes downhill from here on out. Enjoy this holiday while it lasts, my friends

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QuantumSuicide)
    Life goes downhill from here on out. Enjoy this holiday while it lasts, my friends

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are you implying life experience is universal for every single person?

No.

ReputationRep:
    August 22nd is certainly going to be fun. Good luck everyone, I'm sure you all got very good grades. *sits in corner with my probably ****ty grades*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bexsqueak)
    Which a levels has anybody here chosen?
    I am hopefully doing History, Geography, English Literature and Psychology.
    I wish I could fall asleep and wake up on results day so I wouldn't be waiting around in all this angst :shot:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andersson)
    Are you implying life experience is universal for every single person?

No.
    Are you implying that all you want to do is study?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are you implying that all you want to do is study?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, I have no idea where you got that from. You said that all life experience after year 11 summer holidays is bad, I disagreed.

ReputationRep:
    I'm really worried, and I agree with other posters that I think I'll open them away from school alone!

I'd love to do Medicine, so I know I need great grades. Fingers crossed for everyone & good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andersson)
    No, I have no idea where you got that from. You said that all life experience after year 11 summer holidays is bad, I disagreed.
    Well, for most it will generally be not as great as school years

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elm Tree)
    Eurgh I'm going to have to hide my laughter when people get bad grades
    That's a bit harsh, some try really hard and still cannot obtain say a C/B grade, but at-least they tried their best for example; I see if some people don't try at all and don't get 'good' grades then fair enough but I wouldn't laugh at them, it's their loss, not for us to be 'immature' about it x

ReputationRep:
    Its so hard to enjoy the holidays without worrying about the results I found all the exams so hard:,(

ReputationRep:
    Whatever grades I get I'll keep a poker face and try not to talk to others if I can help it, it's probably the best thing to do either way really

Do we get two slips, one for individual exam marks, another for overall combined subject grades?

ReputationRep:
    Well, for most it will generally be not as great as school years

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're using your anecdotal experience as fact for everyone.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.