Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SPark9625)
    No, some applicants got their rejections straight after the "2 weeks" email. If you got the "5 weeks" email, it doesn't merely mean that you achieved the bare minimum, but it also means that you're actually strong enough to be considered further.
    Ahhh I guess I'm a stronger applicant than I previously thought, I'm still fairly unsure about it's strength though. What unsettles me from the five week email is that it says:

(Original post by LSE undergraduate admissions)
    "The Selector will be making further academic assessments on your qualifications and personal statement, and will be considering your application in competition with other candidates in your cohort."
    I guess my application is officially going head to head with everyone else's now, if that is the case then best of luck to everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mm14)
    Really? I assumed that the 2 week email was just a formality to check you met the minimum entry requirement, don't go scaring the other applicants unnecessarily

Oh it is! It is not intention to scare other applicants - I misread your post, I do apologise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hvrey)
    Oh it is! It is not intention to scare other applicants - I misread your post, I do apologise.
    Wait now I'm confused, is the two week wait email a formality or is there a genuine round by round application evaluation process?

ReputationRep:
    Just to clear some things up for some people, the email that mentions 2 weeks doesn't mean you'll be getting your offer/rejection in 2 weeks, unless they're completely sure they're going to reject you, then they will send that within 2 weeks. If you are good enough to get through the first "round" as it were then you'll get a second email [within 2 weeks] saying they'll get back to you now within the next 5 weeks... THEN you'll get your offer, or rejection in theory.. However if you're neither extremely good nor extremely bad (enough to say definitely yes or definitely no to), they are allowed to wait until they've received and looked at all applications before they make a decision on yours.

People who think they're going to get their answer within 2 weeks, don't get your hopes up too much. The only things you'll hear withing 2 weeks will either be a rejection or be told how many more weeks it'll be until the next decision.

Incidentally, has anybody had a rejection yet? Or is everyone still on the 2 week/5 week email?

ReputationRep:
    Who has an offer already?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anyotherworld)
    Who has an offer already?
    Chab-Chab

ReputationRep:
    Seems like Law have issued both offers and rejections. And Econ have issued rejections. Anyone heard anything from maths department?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josiejo1970)
    Seems like Law have issued both offers and rejections. And Econ have issued rejections. Anyone heard anything from maths department?
    Nope, they said I would hear from them in two weeks for Math & Eco, which will be by the 21st. (I have however got the strong enough email for straight eco).

I think the math department is sending emails slightly less quickly.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got the 5 week email from the Philosophy dept yet?

ReputationRep:
    Home student. Post A-Level. I have achieved a 78% average in first year of another university. I had to leave due to extenuating circumstances 2 years ago.

I applied on October 14th, for IR, and received the "we are reviewing your academic qualifications" email on October 16th.

Now waiting for up to 2 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    Applying for International Relations.... Predictions: A*A*A and GCSEs: 10A*s 1A

Really nervous because obviously it's super difficult to get into LSE!

Do you think I'll be considered?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryazd)
    Applying for International Relations.... Predictions: A*A*A and GCSEs: 10A*s 1A

Really nervous because obviously it's super difficult to get into LSE!

Do you think I'll be considered?

What are your AS grades? How is your personal statement?

ReputationRep:
    Applying for Philosophy. IB Diploma with 44 points Maths HL 7, English A1 HL 7, Chemistry HL 7, Biology SL 7, Philosophy SL7, French A2 SL 7 TOK, Exd. 2

Did a BS at Harvard with a Major in Biochemistry Minor Mathematics
    Now in my last year at Medical School 4 year program Cambridge.

Want to do LSE Philosophy

Agree it is super difficult to get into LSE!

Hope they take me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bottlewater)
    Applying for Philosophy. IB Diploma with 44 points Maths HL 7, English A1 HL 7, Chemistry HL 7, Biology SL 7, Philosophy SL7, French A2 SL 7 TOK, Exd. 2

Did a BS at Harvard with a Major in Biochemistry Minor Mathematics
    Now in my last year at Medical School 4 year program Cambridge.

Want to do LSE Philosophy

Agree it is super difficult to get into LSE!

Hope they take me!
    Are you applying for a postgraduate degree? Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thinkthings)
    Hiya, just wondering; does the acknowledgment email (the first email LSE sends) say anything about the two weeks/five weeks/12 weeks response period that people have been discussing or is it merely a "thank you for applying, this email is a confirmation of receipt of your application" kind of email?
    The confirmation email specifies up to 12 weeks for a decision. The update, for me, specified up to 2 weeks for another update.

1. Confirmation: wait 12 weeks for decision.
    2. Update: we are checking your application and PS, wait two weeks for next update.

Funnily enough, I received the update before the confirmation :-P

ReputationRep:
    Got confirmation to wait 12 weeks or less for decision about A&F. Fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goweee)
    x
    Congratulations. When did you receive this and what is your offer?

ReputationRep:
    x
    That is goodnews. Bet you are so pleased. Which of the emails mentioned in this thread had you received before your offer?

also, hope you don't mind me asking but what were your GCSE, AS grades and predicted A2 grades?

ReputationRep:
    x
    Congrats

ReputationRep:
    x
    If you haven't sat your AS Levels, does this mean you're in Year 12 currently or sitting them late for some reason?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.