Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    Yeah as long as its 90ums I'm still happy, I think if the boundary is quite low like it was for C1 then around 66/67 may be 90ums. I am glad I pushed on with moments though, if I didn't I'd be in a heap more trouble.
    Well here's all my hope for you, although I unfortunately thought of it being quite straightforward in the exam but then got told otherwise by everyone else in my class, just got to hope everyone found it that hard for you sake

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    Well here's all my hope for you, although I unfortunately thought of it being quite straightforward in the exam but then got told otherwise by everyone else in my class, just got to hope everyone found it that hard for you sake

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I hope so as well :P My friend in the FM class found it very hard even though hes had a teacher all year, I guess it somewhat says something about the teaching, I think only me and my friend were the only people confident on an A after that.
    Ah well must focus on history now and wait for ms when I get home
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Yeah I hope so as well :P My friend in the FM class found it very hard even though hes had a teacher all year, I guess it somewhat says something about the teaching, I think only me and my friend were the only people confident on an A after that.
    Ah well must focus on history now and wait for ms when I get home
    Yeah, try and forget about this exam and just set your mind into history mode, good luck by the way

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, try and forget about this exam and just set your mind into history mode, good luck by the way

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Well there is still the possibility as the marks I think I lost I should gain from special consideration which gives you 5% of the marks on top of what you got, because I got disturbed by the fire alarm whilst I was sitting the exam which was rather annoying and was when I made my mistake I think too, oh well though, there always all my other Maths exams to ace!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow..special consideration.
    But they give you extra time, not extra marks! I think...[:eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by StUdEnTIGCSE)
    Wow..special consideration.
    But they give you extra time, not extra marks! I think...[:eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nope, it's 5% marks as I asked my teacher, but we never got anymore time added on afterwards, so yeah

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nope, it's 5% marks as I asked my teacher, but we never got anymore time added on afterwards, so yeah

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But 5% is so much marks!.
    Nevermind, hope it has not much effect on the grade boundaries

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    must focus on history now
    :cry2:

E, here I come :unimpressed:
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think it's about 3-4 marks, the amount I think I lost so I'm hoping its all in my favour and I didn't lose anymore

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think it's about 3-4 marks, the amount I think I lost so I'm hoping its all in my favour and I didn't lose anymore

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're lucky... Gives you extra time to think about things, although it can ruin flow in essays... Still, I'd want a fire alarm!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    I did so poorly in the M1 exam which is sort of disappointing considering I was doing quite well in my exam prep!

ReputationRep:
    Any thoughts on grade boundaries for m1?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't worry, it's just one guy (or school), I doubt it'll have an effect on the grade boundaries :lol:
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    You're lucky... Gives you extra time to think about things, although it can ruin flow in essays... Still, I'd want a fire alarm!
    There wasn't any extra time added though, so just had the distraction :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There wasn't any extra time added though, so just had the distraction :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh, I think we'd have stopped the time... Did a fire drill, and then go back, and have the time we had left.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well, of course you found found it straightforward. If you've done STEP/AEA prep, even the toughest possible A-level paper is cake!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Oh, I think we'd have stopped the time... Did a fire drill, and then go back, and have the time we had left.
    Do a fire drill? :eyeball: If you're stuck on a question, that could potentially save you... so much extra time to think :ahee:
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by justinawe)
    Don't worry, it's just one guy (or school), I doubt it'll have an effect on the grade boundaries :lol:
    It will only be 2 students at my school that'll be for the 100, including myself, the rest will be at C's or lower even with the special consideration after hearing their responses and answers to the questions so it won't affect it at all really

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Well, of course you found found it straightforward. If you've done STEP/AEA prep, even the toughest possible A-level paper is cake!
    Well, if failing this exam has done me any good it's taught me how annoying I sound when I exclaim "that was easy" after an exam that was hard for others!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Do a fire drill? :eyeball: If you're stuck on a question, that could potentially save you... so much extra time to think :ahee:
    Yep. And discuss

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.