Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 344302)
    Cool!! I checked other mark schemes and it doesn't really mention this!!
    I did this too!!
    Hope we get the marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    other mark schemes??? what????

ReputationRep:
    Arsey THANKS so much for all model solutions!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsey)
    What do you mean by that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Can I quickly ask,
    For the standard deviation normal distribution question I did p(x<210)=0.99
    Corresponding z value was 2.32 from the first table. Do I lose marks for not using the second table? So my answer was 2.155 ( which i rounded to 2.16)?

Am I obliged to use the second table?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xx4L3x)
    other mark schemes??? what????
    Other mark schemes involving Venn diagram questions. I guess it's ok since it adds up to 1 .. Hmm

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joereed)
    this sounds like mine - a box with 3 random circles in and no overlap?
    Yes! That's exactly what i did, I didn't think they they would need to overlap? Reckon we will still get some marks for it? I hope we do

ReputationRep:
    Any guesses on raw score for 90 UMS? and for 95 UMS?

Thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Titus20)
    Sorry, I realise I'm being a massive pain in the arse. For the venn diagram I didn't include the values 9, 64 and 77. Would you guess that as one or two marks lost? Thank you, hope that's clearer.
    Please? sorry to nag

ReputationRep:
    Please? sorry to nag
    definitely atleast one mark lost , the values were fairly crucial.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 6formsce)
    Yes! That's exactly what i did, I didn't think they they would need to overlap? Reckon we will still get some marks for it? I hope we do
    Aslong as you had the events F , H and C all intersecting ( overlapping ) with the event B , BUT F , H and C didn't overlap each other then your correct

thats what i did anyway - did one big circle for event B , then had the other three circles intersecting the big circle , but the other three did not intersect each other.

ReputationRep:
    I got all those answers (Yippee!)... Potentially may have forgotten to round 2,492,222.222 or whatever it was to 3.s.f in the first question though and also Arsey has a more accurate Phi table than we were given so I think the mean was actually equal to 219.984 in the last question..
    Apart from that no worries!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fas)
    definitely atleast one mark lost , the values were fairly crucial.
    yeah i know one mark lost, i was thinking 1 mark for shape, one for nothing in middle of middle circle and one for other intersections. does 3/4 sound reasonable? thank you

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if I would lose marks for not putting 0 in the venn diagrams.

And for not saying explicitly these 2 values are outliers...

I calculated the outlier limits and marked them on the boxplot correctly, will I lose marks for not stating on paper ( writing the 2 outlier values ) opposed to plotting them?

ReputationRep:
    yeah i know one mark lost, i was thinking 1 mark for shape, one for nothing in middle of middle circle and one for other intersections. does 3/4 sound reasonable? thank you
    if your trying to estimate the mark you achieved , i'd play it safe and say 2/4 . it definitely cannot be lower , so theres a likely chance you will get the 3/4 , but don't want to estimate too high - always better to estimate too low than too high

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcRaman)
    I wonder if I would lose marks for not putting 0 in the venn diagrams.

And for not saying explicitly these 2 values are outliers...

I calculated the outlier limits and marked them on the boxplot correctly, will I lose marks for not stating on paper ( writing the 2 outlier values ) opposed to plotting them?
    nah im pretty certain Edexcel wouldn't be that dickish to do that - by leaving it blank you pretty much telling them it's zero anyway.

aslong as you marked the outliers on the box plot with a cross or something like that , you will get the marks

ReputationRep:
    would i get error carried forward and method marks if i get the equation for the regression line wrong - surely i cant lose all 7 marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 6formsce)
    max 1 for showing that they are mutually exclusive, that's all I can think of. otherwise this and the following question has killed me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ocelot92)
    would i get error carried forward and method marks if i get the equation for the regression line wrong - surely i cant lose all 7 marks?
    you'd think so , but this is S1 - if you go wrong early they don't tend to give error carried forward marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fas)
    if your trying to estimate the mark you achieved , i'd play it safe and say 2/4 . it definitely cannot be lower , so theres a likely chance you will get the 3/4 , but don't want to estimate too high - always better to estimate too low than too high
    that's true. thank you very much. do you think you'd be able to help me on one more question?

ReputationRep:
    that's true. thank you very much. do you think you'd be able to help me on one more question?
    no problem - yeah mate go for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fas)
    you'd think so , but this is S1 - if you go wrong early they don't tend to give error carried forward marks
    damn what would be the grade boundaries for about 85ums?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 2, 2013
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.