Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by General Maximus)
    Yes, that's what I mean. Sorry for not being too clear!
    Oh right.
    UKCAT -725 average
    Currently in the final year of my biomedical science degree. My tutor predicted me a 1st class.

ReputationRep:
    Still no email...and the reason why it's worrying me and I guess everyone else is because you start jumping to conclusions that there is one big long list already and I am not a high priority :////

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LRichards0891)
    Still no email...and the reason why it's worrying me and I guess everyone else is because you start jumping to conclusions that there is one big long list already and I am not a high priority :////

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I haven't gotten my confirmation email either!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by franngu)
    I haven't gotten my confirmation email either!
    in the same situation guys I called them up and they said they're sending them out in batches and we should hopefully get an email by Monday! they seem to be taking soo long to give out confirmations...they'll get our ukcat scores this week anyways... might as well give out interviews now instead of confirmation emails :P

ReputationRep:
    I don't think that any of you guys should be worried at all if you haven't received confirmation. Barts are notoriously known for taking a long time to send out emails. As long as your ucas says that you are being considered, you're fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KanKan)
    What an unfortunate email address :P
    It appears that I'm too dumb to understand what you mean. Please enlighten me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XingBairong)
    It appears that I'm too dumb to understand what you mean. Please enlighten me

:google: smd..

ReputationRep:
    When do graduates get interviewed for the A100 course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KanKan)
    :google: smd..
    LOL I actually did that earlier as I had no idea what it meant :P

ReputationRep:
    still no confirmation email!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PAT330)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Some graduates will be offered a A100 place if they weren't successful in their A101 interview (which I think are in feb? don't quote me though) but are still of a high standard. I think its at least 30% if not more of Barts medical students are graduates whether they are on the 5 or 4 year course

I know this doesnt answer your question directly sorry...

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I've just called called the admissions team and they've said that there's a 'glitch' with sending out the confirmations - nothing to worry about.

They will also send you a confirmation e-mail right away if you call them and provide your surname and/or UCAS Personal ID - which they did so for me.

(Original post by DysDoc)
    Some graduates will be offered a A100 place if they weren't successful in their A101 interview
    That is false.

To be considered for the A100 you must apply to the A100 programme. Having said that, KCL's G/PEP follow the procedure you're referring to.

(Original post by DysDoc)
    (which I think are in feb? don't quote me though)
    Yes, for the A101 programme the selection centre is held in February.

(Original post by PAT330)
    Interview dates for the A100 range from January till February. So, I'd expect invitations from late December till February.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know what the interviews are like at Barts? do they have a MMI format or do the interviewers solely talk about your personal statement and your motivation for medicine?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by science-oliver)
    does anyone know what the interviews are like at Barts? do they have a MMI format or do the interviewers solely talk about your personal statement and your motivation for medicine?
    http://www.smd.qmul.ac.uk/undergradu...rses/57249.doc

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    has anyone still not got a confirmation email? getting really worried now!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by General Maximus)
    That is false.

To be considered for the A100 you must apply to the A100 programme. Having said that, KCL's G/PEP follow the procedure you're referring to.
    I was specifically told not to apply to both A100 and A101 as unsuccessful A101 that were still overall strong candidates were offered a A100 place, and would therefore be a "wasted" UCAS place

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, from what I can gather it's just a traditional interview, which only asks about personal statement and motivation for medicine, there is no ethics involved and such like, is that correct?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by science-oliver)
    Thank you, from what I can gather it's just a traditional interview, which only asks about personal statement and motivation for medicine, there is no ethics involved and such like, is that correct?
    They give you a news article that you have to discuss which can include ethics

ReputationRep:
    Hi, can anyone explain to me the tariff system please? Is it calculated by predicted grades, or predicted and AS grades?

I have applied this year, wishing everyone good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kitnimohabbathai)
    has anyone still not got a confirmation email? getting really worried now!!!
    I haven't got a confirmation email yet either

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.