Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

**********OFFICIAL OCR ECONOMICS F581 13th MAY 2014 THREAD************ Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm so weird. Got 100 in micro and 92 in macro :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can anybody link the mark scheme that was up here at the time or the question paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anorris13)
    Can anybody link the mark scheme that was up here at the time or the question paper?
    I don't think the mark scheme is available online yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knowing)
    I'm so weird. Got 100 in micro and 92 in macro :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not trying to show off but I got higher than a C :cool:

ReputationRep:
    if anyone has a unofficial mark scheme or can please try and remember the questions that came up, i would be grateful. let me know...thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomixox)
    I got an A overall! Really happy with macro as I got 100 but in micro I got 74. Wanting to do economics at uni so will probably need to retake that! Looks like everyone here and even at my school did better in macro/unit 2 than micro/unit 1! Regardless, congratulations everyone!
    congrats, very good results, if you can please let me know the questions (if you remember) that came up in f581. thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnnyboy1)
    if anyone has a unofficial mark scheme or can please try and remember the questions that came up, i would be grateful. let me know...thanks
    Unofficial mark scheme? The paper from last summer is likely to be used as a mock exam in the coming months.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keynes24)
    Unofficial mark scheme? The paper from last summer is likely to be used as a mock exam in the coming months.
    I have already completed my mocks and the paper they set us was JAN 09, unofficial mark scheme as in; questions that perhaps came up with answers of how it should be styled in the exam...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnnyboy1)
    I have already completed my mocks and the paper they set us was JAN 09, unofficial mark scheme as in; questions that perhaps came up with answers of how it should be styled in the exam...?
    as far as I know there has never been an unofficial mark scheme for any economics paper since the marking is determined after the standardisation period so there is no point in anyone doing one.
    I wouldn't post the mark scheme or paper since others have not yet have their mock exams and releasing them now will make the mock exams not credible.

ReputationRep:
    It's difficult for someone to post an 'unofficial mark scheme' for subject like Economics.

ReputationRep:
    as far as I know there has never been an unofficial mark scheme for any economics paper since the marking is determined after the standardisation period so there is no point in anyone doing one.
    I wouldn't post the mark scheme or paper since others have not yet have their mock exams and releasing them now will make the mock exams not credible.
    Okay fair enough, do you roughly know when the paper will be released on the OCR website? If not can you message me the paper/mark scheme?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hody421)
    It's difficult for someone to post an 'unofficial mark scheme' for subject like Economics.
    Have you never seen exam style answers for Economics?

ReputationRep:
    could anyone possible send a mark scheme for the 2014 macro economcs papers?

ReputationRep:
    If you post the question I can help you with the answer

ReputationRep:
    oh no sorry I just have it for a mock exam tomorrow!! it's the one with an essay question about current accounts and a case study about Bric and Mist countries x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clempayne98)
    oh no sorry I just have it for a mock exam tomorrow!! it's the one with an essay question about current accounts and a case study about Bric and Mist countries x
    So you want help for a mock exam tomorrow? Isn't the purpose of the mock knowing your level of understanding at this stage? You need to look at the economic effects of a rise/fall of a current account deficit/surplus

ReputationRep:
    thank you very much for your opinion. the way I like to work is to go know the paper and to really concentrate on each question so it's not like a wasted attempt (that's the way my college have done it anyway!). thanks for the help x

ReputationRep:
    If you post the question I can help you with the answer
    Can you pls PM me the questions

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A level sufferer)
    Can you pls PM me the questions

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why don't you ask your school for those?
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf F581 Jun 14.pdf (164.5 KB, 248 views)
  2. File Type: pdf F582 Jun 14.pdf (164.0 KB, 146 views)

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you ask your school for those?
    My school is utter anal when it comes to giving out past papers etc... Anyway thanks I appreciate the papers ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.