Original post by artisha
Got an offer for geography with economics today!!!! :awesome::awesome::awesome:

Congratulation! Might see you at the offer holder day! :smile:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by shka
I applied around october the tenth. Good luck with your application :smile:

Hiya! Can I just ask of your stats? GCSEs, AS and predictions?
Also when did you recieve your 8 week email?
Sorry for all the questions! I am just anxiously awaiting to hear back from LSE!!!
Reply 522
GCSEs: 10A* and A (English Language) I self-taught history and got an A*
I do the International Baccalaureate and I got a 45/45 predicted. I also self-taught 2 AS modules, 94UMS in Stats and 99UMS in Mech
I received my 8 week letter three weeks ago. I think GCSEs are a very big determinant as a lot of people have good enough AS grades/ IB predicted(LSE is known for being stringent of GCSEs). The university I am still waiting back from is Cambridge, and I will have to go through the interview process in december to gain a place there. Hope you get an offer and good luck with your other applications :smile:
Hey! I was wondering how competitive social policy with government is? I am an international student from NZ so don't know too much about it all! Thanks!
Original post by shka
I do the International Baccalaureate and I got a 45/45 predicted. I also self-taught 2 AS modules, 94UMS in Stats and 99UMS in Mech
I received my 8 week letter three weeks ago. I think GCSEs are a very big determinant as a lot of people have good enough AS grades/ IB predicted(LSE is known for being stringent of GCSEs). The university I am still waiting back from is Cambridge, and I will have to go through the interview process in december to gain a place there. Hope you get an offer and good luck with your other applications :smile:

Wow that's very impressive! Thank you very much - you too! Where else have you applied? Pressume if you were to get both cambridge is no1 and LSE no2???
Reply 525
Original post by tomixox
Wow that's very impressive! Thank you very much - you too! Where else have you applied? Pressume if you were to get both cambridge is no1 and LSE no2???

I am also applying to America (Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Columbia etc.) so these would come after Cambridge. LSE would probably come after HYP in America. The competition in America makes LSE's 8% admission rate seem comforting....
Original post by shka

What school you at?
Original post by saycheese:)
looking at previous pages seems like quite a lot are :smile:

Haha sorry I got lost in the pages :P
Original post by Millerman
I got an offer for it in half term, what about you?

Wow well done! I've not heard anything yet :smile:
Reply 528
'International school' - rather not give any more detail than that.

Thanks
Original post by shka
I am also applying to America (Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Columbia etc.) so these would come after Cambridge. LSE would probably come after HYP in America. The competition in America makes LSE's 8% admission rate seem comforting....

Yeah the acceptance rates are craaaaazy over there! Have you heard back from any of the US unis?
Original post by shka
'International school' - rather not give any more detail than that.

Thanks

Just curious as those are all very good grades haha
Reply 531
Original post by tomixox
Yeah the acceptance rates are craaaaazy over there! Have you heard back from any of the US unis?

I have applied to Yale 'early' (you can only apply to one good private school early), which means applying nov 1 and hearing back dec 15. I can only apply to others on jan 1. Most regular entry offers come out on may 1. If I get an admission to one good US university I will be very happy.
Original post by nat2015
Congratulation! Might see you at the offer holder day! :smile:

Wooo awesome! Congratulations :smile:
Reply 533
Anyone get an email from LSE saying they'd reply within two weeks and were reviewing your application? What does this mean???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RTJ1996
Anyone get an email from LSE saying they'd reply within two weeks and were reviewing your application? What does this mean???

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're basically seeing if you meet the basic entry requirements, so it's the first stage. After this you should get an 8 week email where they thoroughly assess your qualifications and personal statement, and after that you get a decision :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone applying for politics and philosophy?
Reply 536
Has anybody received an offer for Mathematics and Economics?
Guys.. I applied to LSE for Social policy with government on late september. I got 2 weeks email on the 13th of October, but since then I haven't heard anything from them. I got no 8 weeks email, no rejection, and no offer. What is this about? Does this mean my application is not good enough to receive 8 weeks email?

I am predicted 42/45 in IB diploma, which is far above their requirement...
Original post by Korean95
Guys.. I applied to LSE for Social policy with government on late september. I got 2 weeks email on the 13th of October, but since then I haven't heard anything from them. I got no 8 weeks email, no rejection, and no offer. What is this about? Does this mean my application is not good enough to receive 8 weeks email?

I am predicted 42/45 in IB diploma, which is far above their requirement...

I am not sure but I applied for same course on 15th October, got my 2 week email on the 28th october and 8 week on the 1st November... I have no idea if this means anything for yours? I'm sure that they should let you know what is happening regardless? I hope you get the 8 week email!!!
How competitive is entry for social policy with government? It doesn't seem to be talked about much here, and I'm an international student from New Zealand so don't know a huge amount about it all! Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending