Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    has anyone heard back with an offer from the maths department?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got an offer for accounting and finance at LSE?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by artisha)
    Got an offer for geography with economics today!!!! :awesome::awesome::awesome:
    Congratulation! Might see you at the offer holder day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shka)
    I applied around october the tenth. Good luck with your application
    Hiya! Can I just ask of your stats? GCSEs, AS and predictions?
    Also when did you recieve your 8 week email?
    Sorry for all the questions! I am just anxiously awaiting to hear back from LSE!!!

ReputationRep:
    GCSEs: 10A* and A (English Language) I self-taught history and got an A*
    I do the International Baccalaureate and I got a 45/45 predicted. I also self-taught 2 AS modules, 94UMS in Stats and 99UMS in Mech
    I received my 8 week letter three weeks ago. I think GCSEs are a very big determinant as a lot of people have good enough AS grades/ IB predicted(LSE is known for being stringent of GCSEs). The university I am still waiting back from is Cambridge, and I will have to go through the interview process in december to gain a place there. Hope you get an offer and good luck with your other applications

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I was wondering how competitive social policy with government is? I am an international student from NZ so don't know too much about it all! Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shka)
    I do the International Baccalaureate and I got a 45/45 predicted. I also self-taught 2 AS modules, 94UMS in Stats and 99UMS in Mech
    I received my 8 week letter three weeks ago. I think GCSEs are a very big determinant as a lot of people have good enough AS grades/ IB predicted(LSE is known for being stringent of GCSEs). The university I am still waiting back from is Cambridge, and I will have to go through the interview process in december to gain a place there. Hope you get an offer and good luck with your other applications
    Wow that's very impressive! Thank you very much - you too! Where else have you applied? Pressume if you were to get both cambridge is no1 and LSE no2???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomixox)
    Wow that's very impressive! Thank you very much - you too! Where else have you applied? Pressume if you were to get both cambridge is no1 and LSE no2???
    I am also applying to America (Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Columbia etc.) so these would come after Cambridge. LSE would probably come after HYP in America. The competition in America makes LSE's 8% admission rate seem comforting....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shka)
    What school you at?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saycheese:))
    looking at previous pages seems like quite a lot are
    Haha sorry I got lost in the pages :P
    (Original post by Millerman)
    I got an offer for it in half term, what about you?
    Wow well done! I've not heard anything yet

ReputationRep:
    'International school' - rather not give any more detail than that.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shka)
    I am also applying to America (Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Columbia etc.) so these would come after Cambridge. LSE would probably come after HYP in America. The competition in America makes LSE's 8% admission rate seem comforting....
    Yeah the acceptance rates are craaaaazy over there! Have you heard back from any of the US unis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shka)
    'International school' - rather not give any more detail than that.

Thanks
    Just curious as those are all very good grades haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomixox)
    Yeah the acceptance rates are craaaaazy over there! Have you heard back from any of the US unis?
    I have applied to Yale 'early' (you can only apply to one good private school early), which means applying nov 1 and hearing back dec 15. I can only apply to others on jan 1. Most regular entry offers come out on may 1. If I get an admission to one good US university I will be very happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nat2015)
    Congratulation! Might see you at the offer holder day!
    Wooo awesome! Congratulations

ReputationRep:
    Anyone get an email from LSE saying they'd reply within two weeks and were reviewing your application? What does this mean???

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RTJ1996)
    Anyone get an email from LSE saying they'd reply within two weeks and were reviewing your application? What does this mean???

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They're basically seeing if you meet the basic entry requirements, so it's the first stage. After this you should get an 8 week email where they thoroughly assess your qualifications and personal statement, and after that you get a decision

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applying for politics and philosophy?

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody received an offer for Mathematics and Economics?

ReputationRep:
    Guys.. I applied to LSE for Social policy with government on late september. I got 2 weeks email on the 13th of October, but since then I haven't heard anything from them. I got no 8 weeks email, no rejection, and no offer. What is this about? Does this mean my application is not good enough to receive 8 weeks email?

I am predicted 42/45 in IB diploma, which is far above their requirement...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.