Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Defo apply to LSE!! Youll defo get at least 2/3 offers and should get them all to be honest. Haha you make my grades seem so so so **** but good on you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by groovyd97)
    Anyone got any offers yet?? One of my friends got an offer for Bath and one got an offer for Warwick Economics!!3 It's so early!!! I'm sending mine off tonight - I'd be so psyched if I got an offer in the next week or so!

yeah! i got bath today! such a relief!

ReputationRep:
    My teacher hasn't even written my reference yet..

I had my whole application done a month ago as well.

ReputationRep:
    Applied to Cambridge (King's), Warwick, Nottingham, St Andrews & Kent for straight Economics :-)

Sooooooo excited at possibly getting offers

ReputationRep:
    My application went off today! Applied to UCL (L100 and L101), LSE, Oxford andddd Nottingham! All my courses are straight economics 🎉🎉🎉 I want offers nowwwww

ReputationRep:
    Same, mine went off today. Oxford, Warwick, UCL, Bristol, Nottingham - now Im contemplating LSE instead of either Bristol or Nottingham, what should i do????

ReputationRep:
    Finally sent my application off today to Oxford (Worcester College), UCL, Warwick, Bath and Nottingham. Waiting for offers is stressssss

ReputationRep:
    Same, mine went off today. Oxford, Warwick, UCL, Bristol, Nottingham - now Im contemplating LSE instead of either Bristol or Nottingham, what should i do????
    If I were you I'd contact UCAS asap, cos I think you can change your options after applying. However they did say that your unis receive your application instantly so it may make a bad impression if you change them now. Btw are you aware that LSE ask for UMS now and also strongly recommend further maths?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fha96)
    If I were you I'd contact UCAS asap, cos I think you can change your options after applying. However they did say that your unis receive your application instantly so it may make a bad impression if you change them now. Btw are you aware that LSE ask for UMS now and also strongly recommend further maths?
    Yes I am aware about the UMS requests - I have a UMS average of about 88% but that can be accounted to a rogue module in D1 where I got 54! I'm guessing that without that it would be significantly larger - hopefully they would ignore this as it's D1.
    My c1, c2, s1 and fp1 are all over 89 but I'm not sure if I'd be alright UMS wise?

Are you sure about the bad impression thing as it does say I can edit the choices quite easily by just putting the new one in and thats it.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I am aware about the UMS requests - I have a UMS average of about 88% but that can be accounted to a rogue module in D1 where I got 54! I'm guessing that without that it would be significantly larger - hopefully they would ignore this as it's D1.
    My c1, c2, s1 and fp1 are all over 89 but I'm not sure if I'd be alright UMS wise?

Are you sure about the bad impression thing as it does say I can edit the choices quite easily by just putting the new one in and thats it.
    hmmm I reckon 88% would be good enough, but that's just personal opinion. I only filled out my UCAS application like 3 days ago and I definitely recall reading something that said its definitely better to get your choices right the first time you apply. I don't see why it would disadvantage you if you apply to LSE though- you've got the grades so I doubt they'd care that much tbh.

ReputationRep:
    LSE dont request UMS, "it is Undergraduate Admissions policy to make decisions based solely on the information presented on your UCAS application" - straight from there acknowledgement email, therefore no UMS requests.

ReputationRep:
    Ok guys, I'm gonna change Nottingham and put LSE in it's place. I guess now Bristol will be my backup of sorts (but not really), or would you suggest changing this for Bath where I am basically guaranteed an offer (as many inferior classmates already have offers from them)? That come across arrogant but it is true!

ReputationRep:
    Ok guys, I'm gonna change Nottingham and put LSE in it's place. I guess now Bristol will be my backup of sorts (but not really), or would you suggest changing this for Bath where I am basically guaranteed an offer (as many inferior classmates already have offers from them)? That come across arrogant but it is true!

If what the previous poster said is true and LSE don't ask for UMS, then I'm also considering changing Nottingham to LSE. Looks like we're in the same boat lol

ReputationRep:
    I've just received a Request for Further Information from UCL that says

"Thank you for your application to the BSc(Econ) Economics programme. If you are taking A levels that are modular then please send us a list of the modules you have taken in each subject, the date taken and the grades you have obtained."

Has anyone else received this? Also, I'm confused because although my subjects are all modular, they were done in a linear fashion (i.e no January exams) so does this email apply to me or not, as it may be automated?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fha96)

"Thank you for your application to the BSc(Econ) Economics programme. If you are taking A levels that are modular then please send us a list of the modules you have taken in each subject, the date taken and the grades you have obtained."

Has anyone else received this? Also, I'm confused because although my subjects are all modular, they were done in a linear fashion (i.e no January exams) so does this email apply to me or not, as it may be automated?
    I've received this as well. Linear fashion doesn't mean January exams, it means you took all your exams at the end of A2. Assuming you have AS qualifications from last June, they want you to email them a list of all the modules you took with the grades and dates. I think it's because there are a variety of combinations Maths A2 you can do and they want to see which modules you took. Even so, I still find it bizarre as in our UCAS forms we stated exactly which modules we took and the grades

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any offers yet?? One of my friends got an offer for Bath and one got an offer for Warwick Economics!!3 It's so early!!! I'm sending mine off tonight - I'd be so psyched if I got an offer in the next week or so!
    How many days did it take for your friend to get offers from them both?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fha96)

Really? I had no idea ucl ask for module grades. Did they ask for ums too? Isn't the email just asking you to list your grade in each exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone on their UCAS journey, you'll end up with more offers than you think!

(Original post by Puffin Boffin)
    LSE dont request UMS, "it is Undergraduate Admissions policy to make decisions based solely on the information presented on your UCAS application" - straight from there acknowledgement email, therefore no UMS requests.
    LSE L101 have asked for UMS for at least the past 2 years, if that's anything to go by.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr-96)
    Really? I had no idea ucl ask for module grades. Did they ask for ums too? Isn't the email just asking you to list your grade in each exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was just as surprised tbh, I didn't think they ever asked for extra info. The email only asks for module grades, not UMS

ReputationRep:
    Are there any economics teachers on tsr? My economics teachers refuse to check my personal statement because they're too busy

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.