Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pâquerette03)
    Rejected from Swansea!
    I was rejected from Greenwich which made me feel awful but I've got an interview in John Moores and West London so don't worry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AbbeyT)
    Hi did you do a group interview at Manchester and if so what did it entail? Many thanks Abbey!
    Yes we did, just a short discussion its fine don't worry! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LC1996)
    Sorry to hear that, it only takes 1 offer x
    Thanks! Was pretty gutted at the time but still hopeful for Cardiff and USW. x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _h.ax__)
    I was rejected from Greenwich which made me feel awful but I've got an interview in John Moores and West London so don't worry
    Ahh big congratulations! Hope you smash the interviews Yeah, there's always my other two choices (which are the ones I'm most hoping for anyway) so all is not lost! x

ReputationRep:
    I guys I applied to UWS, York, Queens and Cardiff back in November and I'm yet to hear anything! Should I be worried or is this normal?xx

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had an offer letter from Chester uni yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy71)
    Has anyone had an offer letter from Chester uni yet?
    Seen a lady on FB who got an offer there yesterday x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahaliciah_x)
    Hey! Nope, I haven't heard anything as of yet. They replied to my email apologising for taking a long time and that they are still considering my application! Think they have quite a lot to go through, but she said I should hear a response soon. Have you heard anything? Xx
    No nothing yet xx

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer from Chester yesterday They've only given a few out so far, I know of 2 others. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Cingratulations!!!!! Was it n the post or via track? As the lady that interviewed me told me I would receive a letter 2nd or third week in Jan and track wouldn't change ?
    Maybe they've changed their minds as ice heard these offers are on track xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RuthL)
    I've been trying to imagine your face from interview. I feel exactly the same, worried about the maybe pile too. I had an interview at Manchester the day before and knew it hadn't gone well and I've now had a rejection from manchester which has narrowed my options down even further. I'm absolutely praying for Chester as it was my first choice originally anyway.
    Fingers crossed, best of luck x
    Offers have been given out last night on track!!!!
    I'm gutted :-(((((((

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VideteMiraculum)
    I got an offer from Chester yesterday They've only given a few out so far, I know of 2 others. Good luck!
    what date did u get interviewed? Xxx

ReputationRep:
    My interview was Wednesday 13th jan and track updated at 4pm on the 15th. I wasn't expecting it at all as they told me I would only hear that soon if it was a no!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VideteMiraculum)
    My interview was Wednesday 13th jan and track updated at 4pm on the 15th. I wasn't expecting it at all as they told me I would only hear that soon if it was a no!
    wow!!!! That was fast !!!! Well done you!! Yes I was interviewed on 11th Dec and she rode I would hear straight away if a no or 2nd/3rd week in Jan if a yes!!! And Ste told me they would not be using track 😩😩... The plot thickens xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahaliciah_x)
    Is anyone attending the interview at De Montfort next Wednesday?
    I am! Very nervous! Xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DemiLx)
    I am! Very nervous! Xxx
    Me too Hun! It's my first one too so I'm not sure what to expect. Good luck! Xxx

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I have an Interview for Manchester on the 9th of February, I'm surprised that offers have gone out already considering the interviews haven't finished!

I have to wait until March/April before I will hear back from my dream university to see if I have an interview or not, very frustrating and anxious but I have four other interviews so at least it will be good practice.

I've heard back from RGU, UWS, Kingston and Manchester - UWS testing and the rest is interviews and testing, anybody heard back from Napier?

ReputationRep:
    I've been reading through this thread and many others regarding interviews and general applications for midwifery, and I'm a little confused.

I see quite a few people asking what the process is like for the university they applied to, what questions they will be asked and basically what to do.

I apologise if I offend anybody by asking this, I don't mean to, I'm just confused,

Why don't you already know? Why have you not researched it? Why do you expect others to tell you what you should already know?

Edinburgh Napier is my dream university, I've been to three different open days/drop in sessions for it, I've kept in contact with lecturers, I know the interview process for it like the back of my hand and I have read up on every other university and what will be expected of me. I cant go to an open day in London to know about my interview as I live in Scotland, so instead I researched it, I familiarised myself with the general process and made sure I knew what was expected of me in advance because the interview is so important.

Midwifery is one of the most, if not the most difficult course to get into. 1000+ applicants apply for 30-50 spaces and the interview, if your lucky enough to be invited, is the most important part and is the difference between you getting an offer and getting rejected. So it's confusing to me, why someone wouldn't then research what would be expected of them or even bother to understand the basic requirements.

Again, I apologise if I offend anyone, I'm just confused.

For someone like me who's researched and practiced interviews for four months now, to see a fellow applicant not even know the basic requirements for their interview two weeks before its happening its just really crazy to me. Every university offers a maths/English test, group interview then individual interview as required by the NMC, to not even make yourself aware of that is just confusing to me.

I know I must sound really horrible saying all that but I promise I'm a nice person. I wish you all the best of luck x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CatLadyEmma)
    I've been reading through this thread and many others regarding interviews and general applications for midwifery, and I'm a little confused.

I see quite a few people asking what the process is like for the university they applied to, what questions they will be asked and basically what to do.

I apologise if I offend anybody by asking this, I don't mean to, I'm just confused,

Why don't you already know? Why have you not researched it? Why do you expect others to tell you what you should already know?

Edinburgh Napier is my dream university, I've been to three different open days/drop in sessions for it, I've kept in contact with lecturers, I know the interview process for it like the back of my hand and I have read up on every other university and what will be expected of me. I cant go to an open day in London to know about my interview as I live in Scotland, so instead I researched it, I familiarised myself with the general process and made sure I knew what was expected of me in advance because the interview is so important.

Midwifery is one of the most, if not the most difficult course to get into. 1000+ applicants apply for 30-50 spaces and the interview, if your lucky enough to be invited, is the most important part and is the difference between you getting an offer and getting rejected. So it's confusing to me, why someone wouldn't then research what would be expected of them or even bother to understand the basic requirements.

Again, I apologise if I offend anyone, I'm just confused.

For someone like me who's researched and practiced interviews for four months now, to see a fellow applicant not even know the basic requirements for their interview two weeks before its happening its just really crazy to me. Every university offers a maths/English test, group interview then individual interview as required by the NMC, to not even make yourself aware of that is just confusing to me.

I know I must sound really horrible saying all that but I promise I'm a nice person. I wish you all the best of luck x
    People should be allowed to ask for advice without feeling like a lesser candidate, that's what forums like this are all about. I know what all of my interview days consist of but sometimes just asking someone whose been for reassurance that it's ok is beneficial.

Also not all universities offer a maths and English test at interview, I know for example that Staffordshire does not. Therefore people like to ask to make sure. Also intense preparation doesn't work for some people and some might argue that if your passion shines through on the day that's all that matters.

Good luck in your interviews X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by livvmoore)
    Anyone heard anything from Northumbria?
    Nothing at all..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.