Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrich454)
    Has anyone applied for Cambridge as well? Bit nervous
    I have - Pembroke college. But my first choice is either Birmingham or Durham - probably Durham if I get into Castle but otherwise I think I'll firm Birmingham as they offered me an unconditional.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TTWNGCBC)
    I have - Pembroke college. But my first choice is either Birmingham or Durham - probably Durham if I get into Castle but otherwise I think I'll firm Birmingham as they offered me an unconditional.
    Ahh nice I applied at Clare college. Cambridge isn't you're first :O lol I'm from Birmingham so if you need any advise on the student life then I'll be happy to help . Castle is good but I went for St Chads.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh nice I applied at Clare college. Cambridge isn't you're first :O lol I'm from Birmingham so if you need any advise on the student life then I'll be happy to help . Castle is good but I went for St Chads.
    Nah, I think the high pressure environment probably isn't for me. I'm assuming it is your first choice then?
    Birmingham probably has the best course for me. Did you apply there too if you're from Bham?-

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I think the high pressure environment probably isn't for me. I'm assuming it is your first choice then?
    Birmingham probably has the best course for me. Did you apply there too if you're from Bham?-
    What course are you applying for? No I didn't chose Birmingham want to get away from here to be honest with you and I think Durham is my first because it's just an amazing place

ReputationRep:
    What course are you applying for? No I didn't chose Birmingham want to get away from here to be honest with you and I think Durham is my first because it's just an amazing place
    Ah don't you like the city? I'm applying for philosophy, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drigger)
    Anyone received Chemistry offers yet?

Nope! I sent my application on the 12th of October. the only thing i received was an acknowledgement email which actually went into my spam haha....

Have you received any offers/invitations so far?

ReputationRep:
    Out of interest, do Durham do unconditional offers for undergraduates?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I've applied to Castle for law, wondering if anyone has had an offer for this college or subject yet?

My IB subjects: HL history, english lang and lit and business, SL biology, french ab initio and maths studies
    Predicted 40

Out of interest, do Durham do unconditional offers for undergraduates?
    Probably only if you've completed your A levels (and applying during a gap year), although that's not to say that they wouldn't for someone still doing them, it just seems highly unlikely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cmaclennan)
    Hey, I've applied to Castle for law, wondering if anyone has had an offer for this college or subject yet?

My IB subjects: HL history, english lang and lit and business, SL biology, french ab initio and maths studies
    Predicted 40
    I don't think we are going to hear for quite a while. The acknowledgment email I got said they were waiting for the 15th January deadline and I'd probably hear around the end of March but that's for history, possibly earlier for Law. Have you had an acknowledgement email from them yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMer)
    I don't think we are going to hear for quite a while. The acknowledgment email I got said they were waiting for the 15th January deadline and I'd probably hear around the end of March but that's for history, possibly earlier for Law. Have you had an acknowledgement email from them yet?
    Yes I've received the email, was just wondering as I've seen that some people have already started getting offers! I guess it depends on which process the department goes through.

ReputationRep:
    My friend got an offer yesterday from Durham for History, so it seems like they've started to give offers.
    I've applied for Computer Science, don't know how long it's going to take :P

ReputationRep:
    IGCSEs: 5A*,3A, 1B
    AS: ABBE (History, English Lit, Economics, Psychology)
    Predicted: A*AA (dropping psychology)

I'm applying for IR, and hoping to get a place at St Chad's (along with everyone else, it seems). I've got an offer from Queen Mary, and I've also applied to Aberystwyth, St Andrews and Edinburgh.

ReputationRep:
    Current 1st year student studying Chemistry and I'm in Van Mildert. It's often overlooked when people apply (probably because it ends up at the bottom of an alphabetical list of the colleges...) I DEFINITELY would recommend checking Mildert out, it's such a great community and has good facilities. Located on the hill it's only a <10 min walk to the science site.

To be honest, I think all colleges are pretty good in their own right and will offer support and facilities etc so it doesn't really matter...remember a lot of people don't actually get which college they apply to (I applied originally to Jo Bo, what was I thinking :P!). Feel free to ask me any questions about chemistry or mildert (although I have a very limited experience so far)

check our our freshers video though https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPDYbvr3J5Y!

ReputationRep:
    I know a person who got an offer yesterday so I think they've started giving out offers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HassanAftab)
    I know a person who got an offer yesterday so I think they've started giving out offers.
    Which subject? I'm way too impatient haha

ReputationRep:
    Archaeology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lawlieto)
    Nope! I sent my application on the 12th of October. the only thing i received was an acknowledgement email which actually went into my spam haha....

Have you received any offers/invitations so far?
    Yea I've received an offer from Bath and interview invitations to York and Imperial. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer for Ancient, Medieval, and Modern History this morning from Durham!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drigger)
    Yea I've received an offer from Bath and interview invitations to York and Imperial. How about you?
    I was invited for an interview at Imperial. I chose the 18th of Nov What about you?

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.