Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LadyMede)
    I absolutely detest Custard Creams :ninja2:
    I could tolerate almost every other view on this thread, but this? This really takes the biscuit.

ReputationRep:
    People should only be punished for their actions, not for their opinions or views.

No-one should complain about those representing them in government if they have not voted at all. (But still see above)

Although the death penalty/euthanasia could be beneficial in certain situations, legalising them would probably be a bad idea as it could be very difficult to avoid controversy or deaths of innocent/unconsenting people.

There should be more opportunities for children to learn musical instruments in schools and more scholarship opportunities for universities, particularly but not exclusively for those who are financially challenged.

ReputationRep:
    The human race is just another species and is not intrinsically more important than any other animal.

No-one has the right to say someone else can't come to the country they live in just because they were born there and the other person wasn't... any judgement/rule based on where someone was born is unfair as place of birth is not changeable and cannot be chosen.

Compulsory schooling should not start until 7 years old, and school should be child-led throughout, play based and focussed on skills (particularly personal, social and emotional) and understanding rather than knowledge.

xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ursa)
    People should only be punished for their actions, not for their opinions or views.

No-one should complain about those representing them in government if they have not voted at all. (But still see above)

Although the death penalty/euthanasia could be beneficial in certain situations, legalising them would probably be a bad idea as it could be very difficult to avoid controversy or deaths of innocent/unconsenting people.

There should be more opportunities for children to learn musical instruments in schools and more scholarship opportunities for universities, particularly but not exclusively for those who are financially challenged.
    Do you mean financially challenged at university? Or they came from a financially challenged background?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joshalos)
    I could tolerate almost every other view on this thread, but this? This really takes the biscuit.

Some people just take it too far

ReputationRep:
    Nothing very controversial I'm just very liberal and left wing and I show a lot of contempt to those who aren't free thinkers and follow the crowd etc.

ReputationRep:
    If you're dumb it's your fault, there's no such thing as being naturally unintelligent

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is this literally the greatest TSR thread ever created? Every single argument rolled up into one lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    Do you mean financially challenged at university? Or they came from a financially challenged background?
    Particularly from a financially challenged background but both could work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ursa)
    Particularly from a financially challenged background but both could work
    I agree that there should maybe be some more bursaries or scholarships available for those who can prove they are finding university financially difficult. But I don't think those from financially challenged background needs any more money (I'll leave London out of that though). Those getting the maximum student finance would have to be a complete lemon to struggle on it (barring some I'm sure unique and very specific circumstances).

What I do think though is there should definitely be a push for more affordable student accommodation, as some places charge extortionate prices (though in the majority of cases the students can choose not to live in those accommodations). But since it only seems to be (at least in my area) luxury en-suite student accommodations being built, eventually the more affordable ones are going to be not enough for everyone and/or will eventually be replaced with these more expensive ones.

ReputationRep:
    Where do I start...

ReputationRep:
    that there should be less (ie no) provisions to limit offence within the public sphere

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RFowler)
    The environment should be at least as important as the economy.

Don't know how controversial that is in terms of wider public opinion. But the political establishment doesn't take environmental protection very seriously when there is money to be made from damaging activities, and there is no sign of that changing.
    I completely agree with you! The lack of attention on the environment in politics is ridiculous. :cry:

ReputationRep:
    That ståle got robbed at the xgames

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I like this thread. So many interesting and different (although disturbing) viewpoints.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SerLorasTyrell)
    If your families income is above the threshold then £4750 is often not enough to even afford accommodation at a lot of uni's.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If your family income is above the threshold, then you should have enough money to afford accommodation. Isn't that the whole point? I guess you should go to a university that provides suitably priced accommodation then.

ReputationRep:
    Democracy is a load of bull****

And modern "civilisation" is overrated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xin Xang)
    Anyone who wishes to vote in a parliamentary election must pass a difficult critical thinking test beforehand.
    Or we could have a bill of rights which shall not be impinged by popular vote. That would ensure the majority cannot oppress minorities, as happens in third world (especially Islamic) "democracies".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by posthumus)
    Democracy is a load of bull****

And modern "civilisation" is overrated.
    Dont cut yourself on those edges

ReputationRep:
    that everybody should be treated as equals

believe it or not most people don't appear to agree with this

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.