The Student Room Group

OCR MEI - C1 - 13th May 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thechemistress
What was question 6 again? I think I potentially lost two marks there, I can't remember the question xD think I lost maybe 3 marks overall but I don't know xD

theres the paper attached
Reply 521
Original post by jn13
damn not even method marks ?? all i did was copy +1 instead of -1 :'(

Unsure, dependant on how many marks the questions was worth which I can't remember will determine how many method marks. I think it was a 5 marker so you could get 2 m1's.
Original post by corey7695
how many marks did people get based on the mark scheme?

I marked harshly and gave myself 68 considering there was one question where I couldn't remember my answer, but if they allow things like +or- in 3b, and unsimplified answers, hopefully 72 :biggrin:
Reply 523
Original post by Jim997
Unsure, dependant on how many marks the questions was worth which I can't remember will determine how many method marks. I think it was a 5 marker so you could get 2 m1's.

meh not bad, seems to b the only q i got wrong
Ok, so iv found every A grade boundary for all the C1 papers, the average since june 2005 to get an A = 57.11 marks.
The highest mark required has been: 62; June 2010 and june 2013. second highest: 61; june 08, jan 09, june 2014.
Lowest A grade: 50; jan 07. second lowest: 51;jan 10.

since 2011: Jan 11: 54; June 11: 55; Jan 2012: 59; June 2012: 57; Jan 2013:58; June 2013: 62 (:/) and June 2014: 61.
There is NO pattern. such a cluster **** in the marks. one year it was 54 for an A, the next exam it was 61...
jan 2010: 52 but the june exam was 62!
Just to show how much of a waste of time i just did by working out the average since there was no pattern lol... well at least u have it.
On the whole do you guys think it was a harder or easier paper than usual, ie lower or higher grade boundaries than usual? Just interested on the general consensus
I got 70 ffs so annoyed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 527
Original post by StrangeBanana
pretty sure this is correct

Could you give workings for q5? It looks wrong to me, but im not sure
Looks like someone deleted the unofficial markscheme :/
Reply 529
Original post by StrangeBanana
The square root sign already gives the positive root, you don't have to put the + sign. :smile:

No it doesn't? The square root sign gives you both positive and negative. You need to say that it only applies to the positive root by putting the plus sign.
Original post by Slenderman
Looks like someone deleted the unofficial markscheme :/

Messages Image(366476322).png
Original post by EG16
Could you give workings for q5? It looks wrong to me, but im not sure

The correct answer is (7/8, 19/8). Checked and double checked.
The guy above is 100% right. When I got that in the exam I was skeptical at first but it was right.
Original post by Slenderman
The guy above is 100% right. When I got that in the exam I was skeptical at first but it was right.

Same, thought it couldn't be right but it is for sure I've tried it three times now.
Original post by Velocity_
for radius, i just put the radius it said in square root form. i didn't simplify it. I just put, squareroot125.
please tell me i wouldn't lose a mark for that trivial mistake.

Omg I did the same thing!!! I hope we don't lose a mark for square root of 125

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TurkeyKnobblers
Same, thought it couldn't be right but it is for sure I've tried it three times now.

I'm so pissed off.. In question 11 part 2.

I used the discriminant but I forgot the -k attaches on the three :frown: .. sucks.

How many marks out of 5 will I get for just putting down the discriminant and attempting to do it? 1? 2 if I'm extremely lucky?
Original post by Supermanxxxxxx
I got 70 ffs so annoyed

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol not good enough you should've got 72

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also with 12)i) luckily I got the right answer! But previously I said that the discriminant must equal 0 to have 2 distinct roots which is stupidly mad cause it was supposed to be greater than 0. So even if I used the wrong idea but got the right answer would I get the full 5 marks??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Supergirlxxxxxx
Omg I did the same thing!!! I hope we don't lose a mark for square root of 125

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did the same.
Original post by TurkeyKnobblers
I did the same.

Doubt you'll lose a mark, most mark schemes of the past papers for similar questions say accept root 125 or better, i.e. 5root5
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending