Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Calm down m9

ReputationRep:
    Ahh not too fussed about the result. Looking like we'll finish 3rd this season so yeah big woop, big kudos to Sunderland though who survive the drop even with the tough fixtures. Season was over ages ago, end it with winning style against WBA, march on and try to win the FA cup, make a few signings and boom, bring on 15/16.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Ahh not too fussed about the result. Looking like we'll finish 3rd this season so yeah big woop, big kudos to Sunderland though who survive the drop even with the tough fixtures. Season was over ages ago, end it with winning style against WBA, march on and try to win the FA cup, make a few signings and boom, bring on 15/16.
    Shush Prod, this is no time for a calm and reasonable response. We need kneejerk reactions and banners saying 'Wenger Out'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    We all want Hull to beat us on Sunday so that Newcastle can go down.
    I would willingly lose to West Brom if it means United lose to Hull, and Newcastle go down. They are the most pitiful bunch, with some of the worst fans in the league, and were only saved by a 3/4 game win streak before Christmas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

Unlike Arsenal fans, who have such low ambition that they are happy with finishing 3rd, our season is a failure irrespective of finishing 3rd or 4th so it doesn't mean **** which position we end up in.
    A truly meaningless word if I ever heard one. Leyton Orient have the 'ambition' to win the Champions League do they not? What you are probably referring to is the means to put ambition into practise. The league table correlates very strongly to wage bill.net spent(exceptions are obviously the likes of QPR/Utd who waste their resources)

Do people actually think Arsenal begin every season actively seeking to 'only' secure CL qualification?

Bottom line, Utd work on a different financial planet to Arsenal and so when you can afford to blow £150m on players every summer you should have the *ambition* to win the title

Needless to say, this all ignores the fact Arsenal are looking good for another Cup win.

ReputationRep:
    When is Ox back? Feels like we need someone like him out wide to create better chances generally.

Ramsey's out for form so I'd probably haul him out given the chance and Santi has dropped off too so should rest him for WBA.

Team generally just looks tired so we'd do well to make big changes at the week-end.

ReputationRep:
    meh.. is my reaction.

Get this season over, as soon as possible as lets be honest, the team have lost all form and dont have that extra bit of motivation to give it 100% any more.. we have not been great since the liverpool game.

Atleast 3rd is confirmed.

Squad need to get their head in gear for the cup final though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 53SecondsToGo)
    Did you see how **** they were mate. Defensive/pointless possession is even worse than our no possession.
    Always felt there was something quite undignified about Sunderland fans actually....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    When is Ox back? Feels like we need someone like him out wide to create better chances generally.

Ramsey's out for form so I'd probably haul him out given the chance and Santi has dropped off too so should rest him for WBA.

Team generally just looks tired so we'd do well to make big changes at the week-end.
    Injury Room says any day, Wenger says he is uncertain. I wouldn't say Ramsey is out of form, he was okay today, and our best player against United. Agree about Santi though, his passes are off and his runs/skills aren't as sharp. As long as Coquelin doesn't get injured before the FA Cup final, we should be ok.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Always felt there was something quite undignified about Sunderland fans actually....
    All the class of Stoke with none of the talent.

ReputationRep:
    When was Cazorla's last good game? Been calling for him to be dropped for a while.

ReputationRep:
    WHY?

ReputationRep:
    What do you guys think would make a good window for us? I'm thinking Cech,rues or pedro (both if theo goes), Kondogbia, a young top class CB in the mould of verane if one becomes available. plus shift some of the dead weight. If we do that and get lucky with injuries, we stand a good chance of winning the league

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDancingRhino)
    What do you guys think would make a good window for us? I'm thinking Cech,rues or pedro (both if theo goes), Kondogbia, a young top class CB in the mould of verane if one becomes available. plus shift some of the dead weight. If we do that and get lucky with injuries, we stand a good chance of winning the league
    Theo is not leaving in the summer. Also Pedro is staying at Barca

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    Theo is not leaving in the summer. Also Pedro is staying at Barca
    sources (use the term liberally), say pedro's available, as he's fed up of sitting on the bench at barca...and he has theo's speed but is less 1 dimensional imo. and there's the little issue of theo having a year left on his contract

ReputationRep:
    Nice one Sunderland.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

Unlike Arsenal fans, who have such low ambition that they are happy with finishing 3rd, our season is a failure irrespective of finishing 3rd or 4th so it doesn't mean **** which position we end up in.
    This is just poor from you, sorry but it really is.

Ambitions vary dependent on circumstances. We're not going to throw a hissy fit like most of you lot every week if results aren't the best.

Brb finished 7th last season, this season's plan to finish in top 4, virtually already done that, still complains about the 'failure'.

Yeah cos you lots were such strong title challengers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    I would willingly lose to West Brom if it means United lose to Hull, and Newcastle go down. They are the most pitiful bunch, with some of the worst fans in the league, and were only saved by a 3/4 game win streak before Christmas.
    i normally like you as a poster, but this is terrible.

i live in newcastle.
    i work right next to St James Park.
    i don't supoort them so i'm not biased; they're great fans with excellent support.

they have a ruthless owner who cares about money instead of them, and you expect them to be happy about that?
    i don't think you realise just how strong the support is in newcastle, so it's disappointing to see you make awful assumptions like that.

(Original post by sr90)

yeah no.
    we've had this discussion sr - why should newcastle go down?
    they have terrible ownership; not the fault of the fans.
    in fact, they carry on going to game after game, showing their support even at times like these - that's more than admirable.

i know you have your own opinion and you're entitled to it, but i don't expect a post like this from the main moderator on the football forum.

ReputationRep:
    Oh man, sr just got mullered from all angles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDancingRhino)
    sources (use the term liberally), say pedro's available, as he's fed up of sitting on the bench at barca...and he has theo's speed but is less 1 dimensional imo. and there's the little issue of theo having a year left on his contract
    Barcelona's international sporting director Ariedo Braida says the club plan to keep him.
    "Pedro is, and will remain, a Barcelona player," Braida told FC Inter News.
    "He's a very important player for us, and will not leave in the summer. He has a contract, and will remain at Camp Nou, even more so since we have a transfer ban.
    "Could he leave in January? I don't think so. He'll definitely stay until January. I repeat: he's an important player, and will stay at Barcelona."

http://talksport.com/football/transf...DxzQ9M0pBvx.99

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 8, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.