Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    That's what I put! ☺️
    Not sure though 😖

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amylu225)
    That's what I put! ☺️
    Not sure though 😖
    It's irritating because it looked wrong on the page you never know but im glad im not the only one yay :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by desi96hr)
    It's irritating because it looked wrong on the page you never know but im glad im not the only one yay :P
    Yes I remember putting S three times as well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alicelovatt)
    Also on the Eng to Fren translation, I put "En mettant nos jeunes en prison, ce n'est pas forcément..." Do you think that would count?
    I don't think it would because that means "BY putting our young people in prison" so it doesn't really make sense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattT26)
    That means primary as in fundamental or basic more than principal. I think you might drop one for that
    Haha, I know, but in the right light, primary can also mean main... I can't believe that principales slipped my mind though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by desi96hr)
    Does anyone remember the nuclear power question i only put Daniel once and S (i think Sophie) 3 times and i have a feeling each person gets put 2 times?
    I was wondering about that, I think I put 2 people 3 times and D and M once each. But it looked so wrong

ReputationRep:
    anyone remember the answers to the nuclear question???

ReputationRep:
    The whole "Pays" question has irked me so much because there is a difference between a state and a country depending on if the state is governed or not! I'm actually considering emailing AQA - in the listening tape it was clear that it was état, and I'm not sure why they are testing you on putting a completely different answer to what you hear! With mistakes in GCSE science/GCE chemistry exams this year, I swear this should be classed as a mistake and they should accept pays or états.
    --rant over--

Also on the Eng to Fren translation, I put "En mettant nos jeunes en prison, ce n'est pas forcément..." Do you think that would count?
    I agree, I originally put pays but then changed it back to états as I felt there was a difference between the two so didn't want to change the meaning...

ReputationRep:
    The whole "Pays" question has irked me so much because there is a difference between a state and a country depending on if the state is governed or not! I'm actually considering emailing AQA - in the listening tape it was clear that it was état, and I'm not sure why they are testing you on putting a completely different answer to what you hear! With mistakes in GCSE science/GCE chemistry exams this year, I swear this should be classed as a mistake and they should accept pays or états.
    --rant over--

I don't remember the etat/pays question too well, but in regards to the second part, I think that's wrong. That would be more "by putting..." so the second half doesn't sound right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tdawg97)
    Do you think I'll get the mark for putting états instead of pays as I crossed out the 'e' and put an apostrophe to compensate?
    I crossed out the e and added an apostrophe too, but then when I realised another one had it written as d' I changed it back to de and put pays instead

ReputationRep:
    For the translation I used "en enfermant", but I'm not sure as to if this is more correct.

ReputationRep:
    hi, do you have the link to the unofficial mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    Just to remind everyone, I have the answers I put down for the nuclear related question. I've forgotten 2 of them though

Sarah (x3): It is not inexhaustible / it is not cheap / (SOMETHING ELSE).
    Marc (x2): We can't replace it with renewable energy / (SOMETHING ELSE).
    Anne (x2): Certain people are opposed to replacing nuclear energy / we won't be returning to the stone age if we stop using nuclear energy.
    Didier (or something like that) (x1): We exaggerate the consequences of the use of nuclear energy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_squared_)
    hi, do you have the link to the unofficial mark scheme?
    Here's the updated version:

1)

Personne (I wrote this because it said it cost 1 euro for each European and the question said it costs x amount for each… in Europe), repas, personnes, familles, milliards, exclusion

2)

C - Biggest producer of pesticides in Europe
    D - Infected by pesticides certain times of the year
    D – Owner of a wine farm (I had no idea what it was to be honest)
    B - More likely to be infected with pesticides
    B - They take a long time to show effects
    C – To reduce 50% of pesticide usage by 2018

3)

Au début des années 1990
    Par simple demande (I wrote en demandant simplement pour elle)
    S'inscrire à un club de basket
    Faire des rencontres
    Il ne veut pas retourner en Somalie

4)

Près de la frontière suisse
    Ils paient la ramassage des poubelles au poids
    Une puce mesure le poids
    Ils reçoivent une facture deux fois par an
    Ils trient la plupart de leurs déchets
    Le toit de l'église fait des déchets recyclés

5)

Anne (x2): Certain people are opposed to replacing nuclear energy / we won't be returning to the stone age if we stop using nuclear energy.
    Didier (or something like that) (x1): We exaggerate the consequences of the use of nuclear energy.

6)

F – It’s not about the immigration of Africans
    ND – About winning international prizes
    V - About both not having a job
    F - They didn't have degrees
    ND - They paid someone to get them across
    F- She was sent back straight away
    V- He stole someone’s identity
    F – The director thinks it’s unlikely to happen / not true
    V - They didn't want to go back to Europe

1 missing, but I don't remember what.

7) Gap Fill

Frais, outils, préoccupation, stress, courrier, lieu, salarié

Translations

1. Comment pouvons-nous résoudre le problème grave de la délinquance juvénile?
    2. Mettre nos jeunes en prison n'est pas nécessairement la meilleure solution
    3. Il est choquant que les adolescents vulnérables soient sévèrement punis.
    4. Ceux qui disent qu'ils sont les victimes principales de la crise économique ont raison.
    5. Nous devons les encourager à vivre la vie la plus utile possible.

So, French society isn't racist anymore? Did you know that an Arab is 5 times more likely to be checked/inspected by the police than a white person? And if you are called Mohammed, it’s not worth applying for certain jobs. Despite my qualifications, I sent about 100 CVs and didn't get called up for a single job interview. The most difficult thing to put up with is the daily attitude of some people, their way of looking at you with distrust/mistrust. And with the current economic crisis, the situation is only going to get worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrMusicLTD)

1)

Personne (I wrote this because it said it cost 1 euro for each European and the question said it costs x amount for each… in Europe), repas, personnes, familles, milliards, exclusion

2)

3)

Au début des années 1990
    Faire des rencontres

4)

Une puce mesure le poids

5)

6)

7) Gap Fill

Translations

1. Comment pouvons-nous résoudre le problème grave de la délinquance juvénile?
    2. Mettre nos jeunes en prison n'est pas nécessairement la meilleure solution
    3. Il est choquant que les adolescents vulnérables soient sévèrement punis.
    4. Ceux qui disent qu'ils sont les victimes principales de la crise économique ont raison.
    5. Nous devons les encourager à vivre la vie la plus utile possible.

So, French society isn't racist anymore? Did you know that an Arab is 5 times more likely to be checked/inspected by the police than a white person? And if you are called Mohammed, it’s not worth applying for certain jobs. Despite my qualifications, I sent about 100 CVs and didn't get called up for a single job interview. The most difficult thing to put up with is the daily attitude of some people, their way of looking at you with distrust/mistrust. And with the current economic crisis, the situation is only going to get worse.
    Do you know where to find the actual paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattT26)
    Do you know where to find the actual paper?
    No, it's usually not available until the following year, which is when it's uploaded onto the AQA website. However, the teachers can access the paper 10 days after the exam.

ReputationRep:
    HI did anyone do question 13 for the essay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrMusicLTD)

1)

2)

3)

Au début des années 1990
    Faire des rencontres

4)

Une puce mesure le poids

5)

6)

7) Gap Fill

Translations

1.Comment pouvons-nous résoudre le problème grave de la délinquance juvénile?
    2.Mettre nos jeunes en prison n'est pas nécessairement la meilleure solution
    3.Il est choquant que les adolescents vulnérables soient sévèrement punis.
    4.Ceux qui disent qu'ils sont les victimes principales de la crise économique ont raison.
    5.Nous devons les encourager à vivre la vie la plus utile possible.

For number one, the translations into french I put comment est-ce qu'on peut résoudre......would that be right??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any teacher pls upload paper and answers on 25th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kate_maria)
    For number one, the translations into french I put comment est-ce qu'on peut résoudre......would that be right??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That just means "can we..." as opposed to "how can we..." So you'd probably lose 1 out of 4, but you'd get both marks assuming the rest is right

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 12, 2017

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.