Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by knee_socks)
    Has anyone heard back from UEA yet? I had my interview 3 weeks ago and they said that we'd hear in 3 weeks but there's not been anything on track yet.
    i had my interview for UEA in November and got my offer about a week ago so i really wouldn't worry, DMU was the same. MMU however replied with in a week with an offer! Just Reading to go, does anyone know how long they take to respond?!
    Good luck x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kerrie626)
    i had my interview for UEA in November and got my offer about a week ago so i really wouldn't worry, DMU was the same. MMU however replied with in a week with an offer! Just Reading to go, does anyone know how long they take to respond?!
    Good luck x
    Reading were really quick to respond (1 day) but I had my interview in December which might be why. When was yours? Which is your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview at Leeds Beckett on the 29th which I am sooo nervous for! I was just wondering if anyone had an idea of how many people receive interview invitations each year and also what to expect with the written and face to face parts of the interview? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kerrie626)
    Good luck x
    Was the interview at MMU a group interview followed by a look around then a written test?
    Kel

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosyvincenzi)
    I have an interview at Leeds Beckett on the 29th which I am sooo nervous for! I was just wondering if anyone had an idea of how many people receive interview invitations each year and also what to expect with the written and face to face parts of the interview? Thanks!
    half of applicants receive an interview. The written/listening don't count for as much as the other parts I don't think.
    There's one group interview - which is a bit hard since it's around 4 people, sometimes it's easier if there's more people. Then just 2 one to ones, I thought one was easier than the other. A lot of people really liked Leeds interview from what I've heard, I felt ill on the day and some of the questions were quite difficult I thought, but it's mainly about you, that's why it's hard because it really makes you think. Then I think you might find it really nice and easy like a lot of people did.
    I haven't heard anything from them at all, I'm hoping for at least one offer from them or DMU as they have lower entry requirements than MMU (which I love) but MMU are my only current offer.
    So good luck, I'm sure you'll be lucky and find Leeds easy and relaxing like everyone I've spoken to seemed to...lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kelly04)
    Was the interview at MMU a group interview followed by a look around then a written test?
    Kel

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There's no group interview at MMU, it's really relaxed atmosphere. And the written test just involves watching a video, it's nothing to be worried about. Plus there's only one to one interview too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Galaxies)
    There's no group interview at MMU, it's really relaxed atmosphere. And the written test just involves watching a video, it's nothing to be worried about. Plus there's only one to one interview too.
    Thanks for replying. I have a friend who attended the interview in 2014 and it was very different to the one you attended.
    Kel

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CassiaPeach)
    Reading were really quick to respond (1 day) but I had my interview in December which might be why. When was yours? Which is your first choice?
    I have mine on the 20th feb x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paigecooney20)
    Anyone know what the city applicant day is like? Thanks
    Apparently they do 3 short interviews
    Do you have one?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah on Tuesday, the process has been really different from the others it's making me nervous lol
    When exactly did you apply paige?

ReputationRep:
    I'll have to double check but i think it was the first week in December
    Yeah, just checked and the application had gone through on December 7th

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, just checked and the application had gone through on December 7th
    Ah ok! I have not heard yet probably because I applied on 12th January.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sylbou)
    Ah ok! I have not heard yet probably because I applied on 12th January.
    Most likely! They were the last ones I heard from and I only heard a week before the actual interview as well so hang in there 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by opalescent)
    I just had my Manchester interview and loved it. Even though it's a four-year course, and I'm keen to qualify quickly, I may have a new top choice. Now the waiting begins...
    Was this MMU or UoM?

ReputationRep:
    UoM. MMU's course is three years and a term.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by opalescent)
    UoM. MMU's course is three years and a term.
    Did you have to bring anything along with you to the interview? I have mine Wednesday and I know I have to bring ID but wasn't sure if there's anything else, my emails have been playing up

ReputationRep:
    No, you just need formal photo ID (a passport or a driving licence). Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't stay for the full thing because I'm already a Manchester student and I didn't need to go on the campus tour. It should specify times on your invitation letter. Mine said 08:30 until 13:00.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had an interview at Cardiff met?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard from UoM?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 29, 2017

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.