Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    I think that's why I prefer playing the old games now. You can pick one up and just play for 30 mins/an evening and then turn it off. None of this having to play for 40-60 repetitive hours to get somewhere. I guess the gaming industry feels the need to make time consuming content since games are so expensive.

Mario Kart + Super Smash Bros + GoldenEye 007 and 4 controllers is all you needed on the N64.
    Precisely. Nowadays with the cost of games, people expect 20+ hours of single player in addition to some kind of multiplayer and online mode. There's a reason that old, classic games are always people's favourites and it's because they were simple and enjoyable.

There's something special about having 4 people gather really close to the TV together because your extension cords stopped working that just makes the old games much more personal and emotive.
    In modern games you'll be sat alone playing with people all over the world and although that's an amazing feat, playing face to face with your friends/family and watching their soul shatter as you throw that blue shell? That's what fun is.

ReputationRep:
    Think it was called Contra in the USA/Japan. It's a good game though. Shooting aliens obviously.

I've never actually played Golden Axe. Maybe I should buy it off ebay.
    lol i've played contra at my neighbor's place back in the day. Pretty sure we played that in a different console (white color or something)

Yeah Contra was fun (and a tough) game

You play GAxe on the iphone as well.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Mignolet, Clyne, Toure, Gomez, Can, Lallana, Rossiter, Allen, Ibe, Origi, Ings

Subs: Bogdan, Coutinho, Sakho, Moreno, Brannagan, Randall, Chirivella

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr tim)
    Mignolet, Clyne, Toure, Gomez, Can, Lallana, Rossiter, Allen, Ibe, Origi, Ings

Subs: Bogdan, Coutinho, Sakho, Moreno, Brannagan, Randall, Chirivella
    Can and Toure at CB?
    Oh god...

ReputationRep:
    Not sure why Sakho is being rested.. he needs game time to get sharp.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure why Sakho is being rested.. he needs game time to get sharp.
    He'll be playing in the derby one would assume?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    1-0 Lallana

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr tim)
    1-0 Lallana
    It was all Origi to be honest.
    Great play from the lad and he actually got his head up to lay it off to Lallana for the easy finish.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    1-1

ReputationRep:
    So normal business resumed then...

ReputationRep:
    Batshuayi > N'Gog > Origi.

ReputationRep:
    Are we allowed to post streamable links of the goals in here?

ReputationRep:
    As usual we look decent going forward but shoddy at the back. That left side being exposed between Ibe/Gomez.

Lallana looks good - be interesting to see his stats when he plays with/without Coutinho. I need Lallana needs to be involved/central to play to get the best out of him but when Coutinho is in the side, he's obviously the main man.

ReputationRep:
    As usual we look decent going forward but shoddy at the back. That left side being exposed between Ibe/Gomez.

Lallana looks good - be interesting to see his stats when he plays with/without Coutinho. I need Lallana needs to be involved/central to play to get the best out of him but when Coutinho is in the side, he's obviously the main man.
    We're only good going forward because we're against a second-rate team. Which makes it even worse when we can't even beat them.

That's because Ibe just refuses to defend. He's our worst player on a consistent basis.

Lallana is the guy who always just pops up with a goal when you're struggling but in general he isn't quite good enough for our first team in my opinion. Having Coutinho is a real problem for him because there's no way we're gonna move our best player out of his optimal area and Lallana isn't very good if he isn't more central.

ReputationRep:
    Origi is bloody awful up front.

Couldn't do much more with the second chance but Allen put him through on goal for the first - can't be missing those.
    Had a lovely assist to Lallana but he really isn't a "striker". Not like Sturridge or Benteke are.

ReputationRep:
    What a miss from Lallana.

How can you take a first touch that perfect and then miss such a sitter?

ReputationRep:
    We would score more goals if we stopped shooting straight at the keeper.

ReputationRep:
    We're an embarrassment.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Loud boos by the home fans.

ReputationRep:
    Wow.. we really are struggling aren't we?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.