Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    finally decided that i'll definitely be firming king's for psychology!

ReputationRep:
    American here applying for the Liberal Arts course. I just hope I get my predicted grades, I really want to go to King's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kingston97)
    Applied for PPL in begging of October, still didnt get any reply, anyone knows approximate dates when to expect the reply ?
    Thank you
    I applied for that too! They can take months to reply because it's a small course and lots of people apply for it I'm sure!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackjack21)
    should come soon
    good luck
    What were your GCSEs?

ReputationRep:
    Got rejected today :/ predicted A* A B and entry requirements were AAB. Is there anyway I can appeal? I have already asked for further feedback and waiting for a response.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OrdinaryStudent)
    Got rejected today :/ predicted A* A B and entry requirements were AAB. Is there anyway I can appeal? I have already asked for further feedback and waiting for a response.
    which course?

ReputationRep:
    They can still reject you for having too low predicted grades even if they meet the minimum threshold - in fact, it's quite possible for candidates who would only just meet the standard offer.

You should look for the process used to request feedback on their website (perhaps the KCL applicant portal may prove useful here?), even though I wouldn't be optimistic - the "feedback" sent is often just an overall admissions statistic and is rarely tailored to your application, and you cannot overturn the final decisions of most universities through appeal, in the overwhelming majority of cases.

EDIT: This is particularly true when you have no extenuating circumstances, or any new evidence in favour of your acceptance, to show them during appeal. They've weighed up the merits of your application and chosen to reject you - unless you give them a reason to change their minds entirely (if that is even possible these days lol), then they have no reason to alter their decision. Sorry to sound so negative, but it's the reality of the admissions process

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AñaG)
    which course?
    BA Geography

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    They can still reject you for having too low predicted grades even if they meet the minimum threshold - in fact, it's quite possible for candidates who would only just meet the standard offer.

You should look for the process used to request feedback on their website (perhaps the KCL applicant portal may prove useful here?), even though I wouldn't be optimistic - the "feedback" sent is often just an overall admissions statistic and is rarely tailored to your application, and you cannot overturn the final decisions of most universities through appeal, in the overwhelming majority of cases.

EDIT: This is particularly true when you have no extenuating circumstances, or any new evidence in favour of your acceptance, to show them during appeal. They've weighed up the merits of your application and chosen to reject you - unless you give them a reason to change their minds entirely (if that is even possible these days lol), then they have no reason to alter their decision. Sorry to sound so negative, but it's the reality of the admissions process
    I think it may have been my GCSE's. My secondary school only managed around 43% 5 A*-C including English and Maths. I dont think was noted on my reference and if I appeal and highlight this do you reckon i'll have more of a chance? And also how do i appeal?

ReputationRep:
    I think it may have been my GCSE's. My secondary school only managed around 43% 5 A*-C including English and Maths. I dont think was noted on my reference and if I appeal and highlight this do you reckon i'll have more of a chance? And also how do i appeal?
    No idea - just google it or send them an email asking if/when you can appeal.
    Something as major as low-GCSEs should have been noted in the P.S., if King's didn't already (like Oxbridge do, apparently) have a low-GCSE flag on applications like yours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    No idea - just google it or send them an email asking if/when you can appeal.
    Something as major as low-GCSEs should have been noted in the P.S., if King's didn't already (like Oxbridge do, apparently) have a low-GCSE flag on applications like yours.
    What do you mean by low GCSE flag? If i log onto the Kings portal this should be visible?

ReputationRep:
    Some unis have an internal flagging system when you apply from a school with terribad GCSE/ A-level results, low Oxbridge admissions, low Russell Group admissions, etc. - I know Oxbridge have it, but have no idea about KCL.

I wouldn't expect it to be visible externally to the applicant - the performance of your school should have been mentioned in le reference.

ReputationRep:
    Email the undergrad admissions team. Mine had 33% inc. Maths & English and I never put it on my reference or PS... but you'll never know if you never try! Also look on The Higher education Funding council for England's (Hefce) Polar postcode check for young participation in higher education. If it's in the lowest quintile you may have some headroom I guess, also consider mentioning you left off some extra curricular stuff you've done from your PS. But It may just have been your GCSE English Language grade? Your cards would have been marked if you got below a B

ReputationRep:
    My GCSEs are not outstanding, I got BBBBCCCD and I still got an offer.

ReputationRep:
    Got offer for Computer Science

ReputationRep:
    Dear Mr.Dystopia!

(Postgraduate application) Tell me if i am wrong, but is it ok, that i will send my application in january, but i'm going to take my IELTS exams in next spring? If i will meet the entry requirements and will get an offer from King's, will it be a conditional one? Can i prove my English requirements later? Thanks

(Original post by MrDystopia)
    Use this thread to talk with other students who are thinking of applying to KCL for the 2016 entry! I'll be updating the first post with a list of members who are applying for each course, so hopefully that gives you a chance to find other members.

I'll also add in some information regarding various aspect of the uni, be it Accommodation, course requirements etc in a bit.

Helpful Links:

KCL 2016 Undergraduate Prospectus:
    http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/ug/downlo...prospectus.pdf

KCL Accommodation information:
    http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/ug/residences/index.aspx

Finance, fees and bursaries information:
    http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/ug/funding/index.aspx

TSR Connect, which contains information on others applying. Feel free to add yourself!
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/conn...college_london

ReputationRep:
    How long are King's taking for law?

ReputationRep:
    Meant to post this before, but got an unconditional for Law last Friday (11/12) - also had my interview for the Dickson Poon scholarship too yesterday
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by stefanzita)
    Dear Mr.Dystopia!

(Postgraduate application) Tell me if i am wrong, but is it ok, that i will send my application in january, but i'm going to take my IELTS exams in next spring? If i will meet the entry requirements and will get an offer from King's, will it be a conditional one? Can i prove my English requirements later? Thanks
    I'm completely unsure as to the process regarding the IELTS. It would be best to contact the uni directly about that.

ReputationRep:
    Does every Uni offer adjustment if you meet the entry requirement of their course or do they just suggest
    to apply next year?

Does King's offer adjustment places for Physics?
    Also, how do you know if a university is offering adjustment places onto their course since UCAS just states what website is in clearing on results day. Is it a separate webpage or do you have to call up the universities directly yourself and ask or?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 15, 2016

University open days

1. King's College London
    Arts and Humanities (Strand Campus) Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.