Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here planning to travel from Edinburgh to Strathclyde throughout the first year of their course?
    I'm planning to study pharmacy their,

Would be very useful to hear what methods of transport people are taking since I'm unsure about this myself.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, i didnt meet the marks to get into pharmacy but on my track it still says a conditional offer and they still haven't like "rejected" it. Just wondering if anyone knows if they'll do this later or are they discussing something? thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Megs0698)
    Hey guys, i didnt meet the marks to get into pharmacy but on my track it still says a conditional offer and they still haven't like "rejected" it. Just wondering if anyone knows if they'll do this later or are they discussing something? thanks
    im in the exact same boat! i phoned admissions earlier and they said to keep checking until 6pm tonight because all the departments will be reassessing the applications etc and if theres no change phone back again in the morning

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by euandonaghy)
    im in the exact same boat! i phoned admissions earlier and they said to keep checking until 6pm tonight because all the departments will be reassessing the applications etc and if theres no change phone back again in the morning
    I shall do that! What did you miss out by? I needed B's in advanced higher chemistry and maths but i only got C's in them

ReputationRep:
    I shall do that! What did you miss out by? I needed B's in advanced higher chemistry and maths but i only got C's in them
    I needed an A in chem and B in maths and got a B in chem and C in maths so gutted! just hoping and praying that well get in. My friend last year needed an A&B in chem and maths and didnt even get an award for maths and still got in, so im determined not to lose hope!

ReputationRep:
    I needed an A in chem and B in maths and got a B in chem and C in maths so gutted! just hoping and praying that well get in. My friend last year needed an A&B in chem and maths and didnt even get an award for maths and still got in, so im determined not to lose hope!
    Yeah me too. Tbh i honestly don't mind my insurance choice so i'll not be overly bummed and they come back saying no but your friend getting in last year is giving me hope! Do you happen to have the number handy? i cant seem to find it or im just having a moment hahah!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah me too. Tbh i honestly don't mind my insurance choice so i'll not be overly bummed and they come back saying no but your friend getting in last year is giving me hope! Do you happen to have the number handy? i cant seem to find it or im just having a moment hahah!
    yeah i don't mind about my insurance either but i had a pure hassle of getting my offer for pharmacy, i didnt hear back until the 1st of April! And yeah i just google strathclyde admissions and got it, its +44 141 548 3195

ReputationRep:
    yeah i don't mind about my insurance either but i had a pure hassle of getting my offer for pharmacy, i didnt hear back until the 1st of April! And yeah i just google strathclyde admissions and got it, its +44 141 548 3195
    i didn't get mine till around that time either! Thank you for the number and good luck and i hope you get in

ReputationRep:
    i didn't get mine till around that time either! Thank you for the number and good luck and i hope you get in
    i got in!! it just refreshed and updated! so happy hope you get in too!

ReputationRep:
    i got in!! it just refreshed and updated! so happy hope you get in too!
    I didn't, not that bummed though! all the best

ReputationRep:
    Accepted for MChem Drug Discovery happy days. Was resigned to doing Medicinal Chemistry at Glasgow.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't get the 70% I needed for maths at summer school and still got in so there's hope for you yet.

ReputationRep:
    hi
    got conditional offer a while back
    which i receved results for today
    and have achieved requirements yeehaah
    but have not had offer from ucas yet
    is this normal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richardbraehead)
    hi
    got conditional offer a while back
    which i receved results for today
    and have achieved requirements yeehaah
    but have not had offer from ucas yet
    is this normal
    My friend is in the same position, and so are many people. I think that UCAS stopped updating applications after a certain time, might have to check exactly what happened but its along those lines. I would encourage that you contact UCAS then Strathclyde tomorrow and try and resolve this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HiddenNinja01)
    Anyone here planning to travel from Edinburgh to Strathclyde throughout the first year of their course?

Would be very useful to hear what methods of transport people are taking since I'm unsure about this myself.
    Thanks
    Yeah! I'm planning on taking the bus from Edinburgh to Glasgow, I'm also going to be studying pharmacy What type of transport are you planning to use??

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else get an email like this today? I'm not sure if it's been a mistake or if I should get excited >.<
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HiddenNinja01)

Thanks
    I am, I'm doing Chemical Engineering and I'll be getting the train
    Good to hear I won't be the only one doing this!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malayika)
    I am, I'm doing Chemical Engineering and I'll be getting the train
    Good to hear I won't be the only one doing this!
    Yea, I'm also planning on getting the train from Edinburgh Waverly station to Queen's street in Glasgow. (Provided I am still unable to find a suitable place to rent in Glasgow)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachc888)
    Yeah! I'm planning on taking the bus from Edinburgh to Glasgow, I'm also going to be studying pharmacy What type of transport are you planning to use??

I'm planning on taking the train!
    (Also....I'm pretty sure I know who this is )

ReputationRep:
    For everyone staying at home, what are people doing for freshers? I don't really know what would be the best option for the week.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 8, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.