Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James Milibanter)
    I thought we scrapped it in the Coalition that shall not be named
    I'm not sure you got round to releasig it.

ReputationRep:
    United1892, do you really plan to scrap HS2 given the enormous sums already sunk into it?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by United1892)
    I'm not sure you got round to releasig it.
    I'm not sure we actually got round to doing anything. The troubles with having coalition partners that you disagree fundamentally with is that you disagree with them fundamentally.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    United1892, do you really plan to scrap HS2 given the enormous sums already sunk into it?
    If it's already been scrapped then it's fine, it all depends on whether the worst government in history had done something good or not,

I thought we scrapped it in the Coalition that shall not be named
    You mean the best coalition evarrr
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Well it would because it would punish the child for the folly of the parent.
    I would argue that having more children then you can afford is a kind of child abuse so yes, but it isn't the child's fault that they were born to poor pearents so they would be taken into care.

Jesus christ.
    You a fan of Webber now?

ReputationRep:
    Yes because there has not been enough spent to make it a worse decision to stop it.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    You a fan of Webber now?
    Webber? the race car driver?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    I would argue that having more children then you can afford is a kind of child abuse so yes, but it isn't the child's fault that they were born to poor pearents so they would be taken into care.

You a fan of Webber now?
    Which is extremely traumatic for the chcild.

ReputationRep:
    If it's already been scrapped then it's fine, it all depends on whether the worst government in history had done something good or not,
    not sure if you're talking about Fernandez de Kirchner or not...

ReputationRep:
    Yes because there has not been enough spent to make it a worse decision to stop it.
    I'd be interested to see your working, but that can wait for when you actually do it if it's not already done I guess.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    not sure if you're talking about Fernandez de Kirchner or not...
    I'm talking about the UKIP-Liberal-Green Coalition. Ohh, those were the days.

ReputationRep:
    I'm talking about the UKIP-Liberal-Green Coalition. Ohh, those were the days.
    I think I might have joined the House just when that was kicking off... mid last year ish?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Webber? the race car driver?
    The musical writer...
    Which is extremely traumatic for the chcild.
    And you don't think that being brought up in a family on the breadline, where they are poor and their family can't manage money is also traumatic. Infant it is likely more traumatic because children and very sensitive to the moods of adults and would pick up on the constant stress in the household.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I think I might have joined the House just when that was kicking off... mid last year ish?
    It was around Summer time if I remember correctly.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be interested to see your working, but that can wait for when you actually do it if it's not already done I guess.
    About £1 billion has been spent of a project which is estimated to cost about £80 billion and will do little but further centralise the UK economy.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    The musical writer...
    Lloyd-Webber, can't stand the bloke. Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    The musical writer...

And you don't think that being brought up in a family on the breadline, where they are poor and their family can't manage money is also traumatic. Infant it is likely more traumatic because children and very sensitive to the moods of adults and would pick up on the constant stress in the household.
    Taking child benefit away from them is the thing putting them on the breadline.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Lloyd-Webber, can't stand the bloke. Why?
    You were talking about one of his best musicals.
    Taking child benefit away from them is the thing putting them on the breadline.
    Because they are having too many children and the state shouldn't have to pay for an indefinite value of children.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    You were talking about one of his best musicals.
    Ahh, now I get it. Jesus Christ Superstar. Must say though, he almost makes up for being a total ass with School of Rock.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.