Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody received an acknowledgement of app from 1 Chancery Lane?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by filthynines)
    Has anybody received an acknowledgement of app from 1 Chancery Lane?
    They screwed up with the deadline. They hadn't posted it on Pupillage Gateway first. So the applicant isn't due until the end of the month now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by legalrose)
    thank you! I have accepted at reeds in oxford. Best of luck with upcoming applications/interviews.

posted from tsr mobile
    congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leigh68)
    congratulations!
    Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nothing here either: did anyone get told when we were to hear back? Going from the first rounds I was hoping to hear either way by today...

Any word from Northampton?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExBurpi)
    Nothing here either: did anyone get told when we were to hear back? Going from the first rounds I was hoping to hear either way by today...
    Are you applying for October or April?
    Because I think they said different timelines depending on start date..
    2 weeks for Apr, and for Oct 1 week so should hear by today..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExBurpi)
    I said in a previous post. Two weeks to hear back. But to be honest - as terrible as it sounds - not bothered on it. Didn't gel that well with them at interview even though the debate thing was fun and not sure I could survive on 12k (capped going by their Pupillage policy even in second six?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nordic)
    They screwed up with the deadline. They hadn't posted it on Pupillage Gateway first. So the applicant isn't due until the end of the month now.
    Thanks for the info - what I'm wondering is whether anybody has received a confirmation that the app was received by email? I included the usual "please confirm receipt" but didn't receive a response. If others have received an acknowledgement then I'll probably resend, but if nobody has then I'll trust it got there.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the info - what I'm wondering is whether anybody has received a confirmation that the app was received by email? I included the usual "please confirm receipt" but didn't receive a response. If others have received an acknowledgement then I'll probably resend, but if nobody has then I'll trust it got there.
    I didn't receive anything on sending if that's any help...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LegalLab)
    I didn't receive anything on sending if that's any help...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Very much so - thanks very much

ReputationRep:
    Deans Court was on Pupillage Gateway briefly over the weekend, only to be taken down today. Presume it was because their app form wasn't ready, because it didn't appear on their website.

ReputationRep:
    Deans Court was on Pupillage Gateway briefly over the weekend, only to be taken down today. Presume it was because their app form wasn't ready, because it didn't appear on their website.
    I'm so glad someone else saw this, I thought I was losing my mind! Went back to double check the vacancy this morning to find it had totally disappeared.

ReputationRep:
    I'm so glad someone else saw this, I thought I was losing my mind! Went back to double check the vacancy this morning to find it had totally disappeared.
    HAHA I'm the same! Was like what on earth! I emailed them asking for the form. Was for PI and family law wasn't it!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiny92)
    HAHA I'm the same! Was like what on earth! I emailed them asking for the form. Was for PI and family law wasn't it!?
    I thought they were advertising 2 pupillages, one of each.

ReputationRep:
    I thought they were advertising 2 pupillages, one of each.
    That is correct

ReputationRep:
    Although not entirely pupillage related, Lincoln's BPTC scholarship interview invites are out by email (personally addressed). Interviews mid-March.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiny92)
    Correct!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone applied to/heard anything from FTB yet or know when we are likely to hear?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Guys, no trolling, just advice and opinions, please. I left school with bad GCSEs due to depression and bad attendance. That, therefore, resulted in the next four years of my life being a hard time doing a few basic jobs and battling my problems. However, at 21 I went to college and did an Access to HE: Law and Criminology Diploma and went to Birmingham City University. I graduated with a First, got a scholarship to do an LL.M at Warwick and just missed out on a distinction there. However, I now feel that, even though I am now 27, my past is going to prevent me from securing a good career. This is, again, making me feel down and is giving me the feeling that I have wasted my time. Any opinions, guys? Many thanks for reading.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philissimo14)
    Guys, no trolling, just advice and opinions, please. I left school with bad GCSEs due to depression and bad attendance. That, therefore, resulted in the next four years of my life being a hard time doing a few basic jobs and battling my problems. However, at 21 I went to college and did an Access to HE: Law and Criminology Diploma and went to Birmingham City University. I graduated with a First, got a scholarship to do an LL.M at Warwick and just missed out on a distinction there. However, I now feel that, even though I am now 27, my past is going to prevent me from securing a good career. This is, again, making me feel down and is giving me the feeling that I have wasted my time. Any opinions, guys? Many thanks for reading.
    What is your question?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 15, 2017
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.