Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Is UKIP not contesting this election?
    But if we are the power hungry lefties you say we are wouldn't we go into a LabLibGrnSoc just to prevent you from forming ConKip?
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Whiggy)
    I do support many typical Conservative policies, although upon reflection I decided I'm probably still slightly too liberal for your party.
    Totally should have solely endorsed the Liberals

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    But if we are the power hungry lefties you say we are wouldn't we go into a LabLibGrnSoc just to prevent you from forming ConKip?
    And then we would be there to sweep up when you collapse in a matter of weeks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    That awkward moment when the cons will probably need the liberals to get into power.
    That arkward moment when you have to serve under us.

I'm imaging a situation in which Jammy gets the chancellorship and you serve as his Chief Sec. It would be incredibly funny if it wasn't so dysfunctional.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lime-man)
    Nope, your party endorsed prostitution as a career without making a single effort to protect the unwilling sex workers. This is quite frankly abhorrent.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    WTF? You were defending it!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Aph)
    Greens are dead and you guys have too many orange bookers to work well with the Socs. That coalition would collapse rather quickly.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    And then we would be there to sweep up when you collapse in a matter of weeks.
    I doubt it would collapse. You'll just have to see.
    (Original post by Rakas21)

I'm imaging a situation in which Jammy gets the chancellorship and you serve as his Chief Sec. It would be incredibly funny if it wasn't so dysfunctional.
    You mean it would be incredibly funny if it weren't your party?
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador

I'd love to see that partnership xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    And yet instead of endorsing the Libs or Con-Lib, you advocate that the electorate should keep social democrats in power.

I fail to understand the logic.
    I believe that the Lab-Lib government has made a positive impact.

As I had previously stated, the TSR variant of your party is equivalent to UKIP in real life. I do not agree with the views endorsed by many of your members. It is nothing personal at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    In fairness i think the Socs would probably avoid that coalition.

ReputationRep:
    WTF? You were defending it!
    Id suggest you read the debate properly

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    Totally should have solely endorsed the Liberals

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I endorsed the Lab-Lib coalition as I believe it is the most secure option. Hey, at least I endorsed you in some way...
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    There's a reason Labour held out from seeking to form a new coalition when the chimera coalition was rumoured to be happening.

ReputationRep:
    I believe that the Lab-Lib government has made a positive impact.

As I had previously stated, the TSR variant of your party is equivalent to UKIP in real life. I do not agree with the views endorsed by many of your members. It is nothing personal at all.
    While i find that comparison laughable your free to hold what opinion you wish. Again though, your listening to one or two members too much and not reading our legalization. Actions speak louder than words.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I endorsed the Lab-Lib coalition as I believe it is the most secure option. Hey, at least I endorsed you in some way...
    A £140bn deficit is secure?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lime-man)
    Id suggest you read the debate properly

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Goodness! I'm so sorry; my head's been all over the place since yesterday's events. I'll refrain from making any more risky statements for the time being.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    In fairness i think the Socs would probably avoid that coalition.
    I wouldn't be too sure.

ReputationRep:
    While i find that comparison laughable your free to hold what opinion you wish. Again though, your listening to one or two members too much and not reading our legalization. Actions speak louder than words.
    The comparison is valid; I've compared statements made, legislation proposed etc. to UKIP and they're fairly similar.

But it's those members who make the biggest impact. It was too much of personal risk for me to take.

ReputationRep:
    A £140bn deficit is secure?
    A deficit isn't secure, no; it's the way you propose to deal with it that I don't find secure. I'm confident that if Lab-Lib is returned to government, they'll be able to begin tackling the biggest issues.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    A deficit isn't secure, no; it's the way you propose to deal with it that I don't find secure. I'm confident that if Lab-Lib is returned to government, they'll be able to begin tackling the biggest issues.
    You mean make the deficit even bigger?

They had no way to pay for it this term, what makes you think they will next term?

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.