Summer 2017 Applications

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katuok)
    Thanks for the answer! I am actually applying for summer internships and have a decent CV (studying at a target, related experience, finance ECs, etc.) but nothing spectacular. Therefore, I am having problems deciding whether it's more efficient to apply now or in September.

And I assumed that all BBs/EBs recruited on a rolling basis.
    Applying now or like first half of September wont make much difference

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,

Do you know whether there are any summer internships (summer 2017) I can apply for if I am going to start first year uni this September

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flairs)
    Hi Guys,

Do you know whether there are any summer internships (summer 2017) I can apply for if I am going to start first year uni this September
    Hsbc, bny mellon, already covered this on the SW thread

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    wahgwan melts, whats open other than UBS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheParham)
    That working for nursery could be a lot lot more useful than what you think if you market it the right way! Interesting is mainly through EC mainly, again, very important to market it the right way to make it sound interesting.. remember a CV is just an advert
    Cool, I'm guessing responsibilities, and thanks for the reply

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    As a year 12 I can only apply for insight days right? I've seen a few but they aren't open yet, I guess September?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys. Was just wondering if any of you have some nice tips on how to prepare for the technical questions. I will be applying for PE and most likely S&T. Assume for S&T I am pretty well set, but how much in-depth knowledge do you think it requires of DCF, LBO etc. for a PE internship interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdeptDz)
    As a year 12 I can only apply for insight days right? I've seen a few but they aren't open yet, I guess September?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah they havent opened yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brian_sp12)
    Hi guys. Was just wondering if any of you have some nice tips on how to prepare for the technical questions. I will be applying for PE and most likely S&T. Assume for S&T I am pretty well set, but how much in-depth knowledge do you think it requires of DCF, LBO etc. for a PE internship interview?
    Breaking into Wall Street, WSO technicals guide, macabus, investment banking by rosenbaum etc.

You will be grilled if it's PE. One of my mates interviewed for a summer PE gig last year through a headhunter and they didn't go easy on them at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    Yeah they havent opened yet.
    Safe

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Breaking into Wall Street, WSO technicals guide, macabus, investment banking by rosenbaum etc.

You will be grilled if it's PE. One of my mates interviewed for a summer PE gig last year through a headhunter and they didn't go easy on them at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How much would you be expected to know for an IB SA?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iopa)
    How much would you be expected to know for an IB SA?
    A lot still, but you probably won't get grilled as much as you would for PE.

Just read up on technicals as much as you can and find previous interview Qs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A lot still, but you probably won't get grilled as much as you would for PE.

Just read up on technicals as much as you can and find previous interview Qs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thankyouuuuu

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheParham)
    Applying now or like first half of September wont make much difference
    Thanks, hope that's the case

ReputationRep:
    Hsbc, bny mellon, already covered this on the SW thread

Posted from TSR Mobile
    cheers

ReputationRep:
    What % of summer interviews are competency based?

Much prefer motivational / cv / technical interviews

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sky-blue)
    What % of summer interviews are competency based?

Much prefer motivational / cv / technical interviews
    depends entirely on who you're talking about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by savonarola)
    depends entirely on who you're talking about.
    ok, maybe I should be more specific

Which banks tend to focus on competency questions? Which banks don't tend to focus on competency questions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sky-blue)
    ok, maybe I should be more specific

Which banks tend to focus on competency questions? Which banks don't tend to focus on competency questions?
    Depends on the interviewer not the bank, but generally EBs will be focusing on technicals more. GS tends to be more competency/fit than anything else

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brian_sp12)
    Did final interviews with a strong PE firm in London last year, they will drill you with technicals, just be ready

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.