Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OCR Physics A Breadth of Physics (24th May 2016) Discussion Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mahmzo)
    considering you did an all nighter, shows how unprepared you were lol.

For the Depth you need to make sure you know your experiments. around 25 marks are available for experiments which can be easily picked up. Then the rest is your knowledge and application. I am considering Aeronatuical Engineering so I want a B minimum this year. I got 45 in the Breadth so I need to aim for at least 50 in depth
    i did everything i could before the exam, i didnt leave everything to the last moment, good luck tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adapttochangelad)
    55 won't be 90 us it will be like 82 or something
    Nah the grade boundaries for A will probably be around 50 or lower, so it would be around 90 UMS, at least in my opinion with having done exams with OCR for so long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zakiiiii)
    i did all the papers, not one bit i remember came from the past papers, it was all new stuff... done flash cards too
    thought that too about most questions, everyone else was in the same situation,
    the grade boundaries will apparently be very low, ask your teachers for advice for depth, u have a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy, don't batter yourself about it, you can always resit in any case

ReputationRep:
    Is there an official depth thread?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aadil10)
    Is there an official depth thread?
    Made one!

ReputationRep:
    what sort of raw score are people expecting the grade boundary for an A to be?

ReputationRep:
    Overall most likely 70ish percent. I do hope that its lower. I got 45 in breadth :/ i need at least 50 to perhaps get an A overall

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teachercol)
    Answers are now posted. I'm not allowed to post any of the questions!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4114965
    Would you be able to do a similar thing for the depth paper from today please? Would be greatly appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    Im expecting high grade boundaries for this, porbably around 55/70..does that seem fair for this paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voltz)
    Im expecting high grade boundaries for this, porbably around 55/70..does that seem fair for this paper?
    No, grade boundaries are going to be extremely low seeing as the majority found it hard. Lowest boundaries were in 2014, where 59% was an A. Expect similar boundaries to this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowiexo)
    No, grade boundaries are going to be extremely low seeing as the majority found it hard. Lowest boundaries were in 2014, where 59% was an A. Expect similar boundaries to this
    No that would never happen. The exam was not that difficult.
    My predicted Boundaries
    A - 69% - 73%
    B - 63% - 68%
    C - 57% - 62%

That seems reasonable, looking at the old spec too.

ReputationRep:
    No that would never happen. The exam was not that difficult.
    My predicted Boundaries
    A - 69% - 73%
    B - 63% - 68%
    C - 57% - 62%

That seems reasonable, looking at the old spec too.
    For breadth or depth?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M0nkey Thunder)
    For breadth or depth?
    Combined.

ReputationRep:
    Combined.
    I think it would be around 75% for an A overall tbh. I would agree with your % had everyone not found the last paper so easy.

ReputationRep:
    I think it would be around 75% for an A overall tbh. I would agree with your % had everyone not found the last paper so easy.
    Just remember when you say "Everyone", it's only people who are on student room. How many people is that like 100 maximum? There are 1000s of candidates sitting the exam lol

ReputationRep:
    Just remember when you say "Everyone", it's only people who are on student room. How many people is that like 100 maximum? There are 1000s of candidates sitting the exam lol
    But everyone in my year doing physics found it really good. Consider the fact that some of these people barely revised physics throughout the year. Well, who knows until grade boundaries are released.

ReputationRep:
    PLEASE RESPONDSo paper 2 went so much better and I got 50 something out of 70, however due to my first paper I don't know if I'll even get a C overall, so I was wondering, is it possible that even though I'm dropping physics after AS level, I can do a resit in like September? Have OCR made resits for the new spec? Will it matter if I'm dropping it? Any response is greatly appreciated

ReputationRep:
    But everyone in my year doing physics found it really good. Consider the fact that some of these people barely revised physics throughout the year. Well, who knows until grade boundaries are released.
    Then there are people from my school where only 3 of us find it went well. The other odd 20 said bad xD.

ReputationRep:
    That paper was quite tricky.

ReputationRep:
    has anyone got/found the mark scheme for H156/01 breadth in physics for last years official summer exam? i've been looking for ages online but can't find it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.