Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahil19)
    I got 59 in my last mock as well!!!!! I found the question about thoughts and feelings difficult. Also the question about writing to a newspaper was awful; mind completely went blank. Praying that I get an A, 2nd highest priority for me after History.
    Oh jesus I forgot about that horrific thoughts and feelings one... I think we all found it so difficult because the majority of us basically don't get taught anything for English Language which is pretty dumb when it's a compulsory subject for most workplaces
    Tbh, I hated all of the creative writing pieces in general... and same, I couldn't think of anything to write :/
    Are you doing English next year or is it just one that you really care about?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    and it's so weird that we both got 59

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surina16)
    Oh jesus I forgot about that horrific thoughts and feelings one... I think we all found it so difficult because the majority of us basically don't get taught anything for English Language which is pretty dumb when it's a compulsory subject for most workplaces
    Tbh, I hated all of the creative writing pieces in general... and same, I couldn't think of anything to write :/
    Are you doing English next year or is it just one that you really care about?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    and it's so weird that we both got 59
    Aha yeah I'm glad everyone else found it hard. I'm not doing it next year but I want to be a lawyer so it is very important aha! Plus getting an A in English Language shows you're a very good native speaker.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Nearly 15 days to go, I can't wait!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Aha yeah I'm glad everyone else found it hard. I'm not doing it next year but I want to be a lawyer so it is very important aha! Plus getting an A in English Language shows you're a very good native speaker.
    For similar reasons I guess - want to do medicine so it would be embarrassing if I did terribly in English Language but then claim to be 'great at speaking to patients'

ReputationRep:
    For similar reasons I guess - want to do medicine so it would be embarrassing if I did terribly in English Language but then claim to be 'great at speaking to patients'
    ahaha yeah, suppose you're worried about the science GB's? I did AQA for that; B2 was okay, C2 was brilliant and P2 was the hardest exam I did aha.

ReputationRep:
    ahaha yeah, suppose you're worried about the science GB's? I did AQA for that; B2 was okay, C2 was brilliant and P2 was the hardest exam I did aha.
    Did AQA as well For bio, I found B1 the hardest tbh and yeah C2 was great - annoyed that I messed up the titration experiment for C3 though so hopefully the examiner doesn't knock off too many marks for that :/ Ah yeah P2 and P3 were equally bad for me - I had no idea what lots of the questions even wanted; AQA were being such d*cks with the wording
    For me, my hardest exam was my French listening (AQA iGCSE) and I'm praying that less people from all those private schools did it this year because they make the boundaries insanely high
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Study Helper
    GCSE English Language has nothing to do with how well you speak to patients

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by extraordinaire)
    btw has anyone had any results day dreams? because I've had two already...
    This is a tad late. But yes, I dreamt that I received a bunch of Cs, Fs and Es. Nothing wrong with a C, although it is lower than what I get normally! Could the dream have been prophetic? I really hope not. All will be revealed soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAnon121)
    What did you guys think of the Edexcel English Language paper? The first section of the OMOM paper was worded horrendously, loads of people wrote about context!!
    It was worded horribly. I think I read it about 10 times before I started writing. I'm quite worried because of that.

ReputationRep:
    15 days to go.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly two weeks (14 days) left until the release of grade boundaries.

ReputationRep:
    I like the unwritten rule of this thread; I come in with the RD countdown, ten seconds later you do the same for the GB day.

ReputationRep:
    I like the unwritten rule of this thread; I come in with the RD countdown, ten seconds later you do the same for the GB day.
    Following your lead

ReputationRep:
    Arghhhhh, I wish I could just blink and grade boundaries would release! Edexcel maths and AQA Sciences are driving me crazy

ReputationRep:
    #TSRGoals

Following your lead

ReputationRep:
    15 days to go.
    ngl i live for this countdown

ReputationRep:
    OCR History, AQA Sciences and AQA English Language are the ones I wish I could know rn.

ReputationRep:
    Arghhhhh, I wish I could just blink and grade boundaries would release! Edexcel maths and AQA Sciences are driving me crazy
    Snap!!! AQA sciences ruined me. I will never be a biologist or a physicist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moggygeorgieee)
    Snap!!! AQA sciences ruined me. I will never be a biologist or a physicist.
    Physics was just the worst! I found B2, P2, and P3 really hard as well.

ReputationRep:
    Quick question for anyone who took the AQA Eng Lang paper; do you think the GB will be lowered? I think they should be as it was a harder exam than last years. Really need an A in English Language.
    Hope so! I'm not that good at English (straight Bs with effort). I really want an A though

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.