Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I will send my application this weekend (French student), BSc Econ. (maybe too late...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fbiemad)
    It is correct, but that doesn't mean you will receive a decision in the 8th week. You might have to wait until 31st of March. Many people get their decisions in March, so don't feel that it will definitely come within 8 weeks.

Spoiler:
    Show

I applied on 10th October, confirmation on 12th, UMS form and Initial Review emails both on 17th and '8 Weeks' email on 31st. So basically the same dates as you.

Thanks for clarifying, good luck with your application! Mind me asking how your grades look?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Patrick-Bateman)
    Applied for BSc in Economics

A-Level (Predictions): Mathematics (A*), Further Mathematics (A), Physics (A*), Economics (A*), EPQ (A*)

AS-Level (Achieved): Mathematics (A), Further Mathematics (B), Physics (A), Economics (A), Critical Thinking (A)

GCSE & IGCSE (Achieved): 10A*

Academic Reference: Essay compeitition top entrant, relevant EPQ (Economics and Maths based), academic scholarship, UKMT Senior Maths Challenge, A2 & AS British Physics Olympiad.

Sent application 10/10, confirmation application has been recieved by LSE 12/10, passed on for further assesment (passed inital assesment) 31/10. I believe this is the '8 week email' says in it 'this stage of the admissions process typically takes eight weeks', can anyone confirm?
    Incredible grades! Which essay comp had you entered?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gmahapatra)
    Incredible grades! Which essay comp had you entered?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks! It was this one run by Deloitte where you choose your own title based around economics/finance/business.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Patrick-Bateman)
    Thanks for clarifying, good luck with your application! Mind me asking how your grades look?

No problem. Thanks.
    Spoiler:
    Show

See page 25, post 482.

ReputationRep:
    For those who weren't aware the school's admissions office closes for a couple of weeks at Christmas. I didn't realise this last year, and in the end the 8 week email took 12 weeks in total.

So if your 8 week email sees you fall in Mid december, dont expect to hear back until early in the new year This is something I wish I had known last year, the waiting is a killer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Constantinople)
    For those who weren't aware the school's admissions office closes for a couple of weeks at Christmas. I didn't realise this last year, and in the end the 8 week email took 12 weeks in total.

So if your 8 week email sees you fall in Mid december, dont expect to hear back until early in the new year This is something I wish I had known last year, the waiting is a killer.
    This ^^^^ Checking your status every Thursday and Friday for 8 weeks and then having to wait an extra 3 or 4 weeks (as it happened with me) is a killer :3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    This ^^^^ Checking your status every Thursday and Friday for 8 weeks and then having to wait an extra 3 or 4 weeks (as it happened with me) is a killer :3
    Last year I was an early applicant and I (including many other Economics applicants) got on offer in late March, literally the last week before their internal deadline. Nothing can beat this.

ReputationRep:
    Last year I was an early applicant and I (including many other Economics applicants) got on offer in late March, literally the last week before their internal deadline. Nothing can beat this.
    You just know, if you get an email from lse in December, no need to read the email, its an offer for sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mehtj006)
    You just know, if you get an email from lse in December, no need to read the email, its an offer for sure.
    Very bad assumption.
    They reject and give offers at approximately the same time. Sometimes it worked like this: one day they gave rejections and then next day they gave offers.

ReputationRep:
    Very bad assumption.
    They reject and give offers at approximately the same time. Sometimes it worked like this: one day they gave rejections and then next day they gave offers.
    last year my school got a wave of BMS,acturial science,maths and econ offers in december. But ii didnt hear of any rejections. So i assumed in worked that way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NoahMal)
    sent application 13/10, confirmation 15/10

nothing else as of yet. Please, someone, give me reassurance or I'm going to explode...
    What did you apply to?

ReputationRep:
    That's a silly assumption. Their rejections take place on Thursdays and their offers on Fridays during every one of the 8 weeks, including those in December.

Also, it's quite possible that they will send you their 4 week extension email in December before they close for holidays.

ReputationRep:
    That's a silly assumption. Their rejections take place on Thursdays and their offers on Fridays during every one of the 8 weeks, including those in December.

Also, it's quite possible that they will send you their 4 week extension email in December before they close for holidays.
    Somehow my assumption is silly when your predicting the exact weekdays they give out offers and rejections.

ReputationRep:
    Somehow my assumption is silly when your predicting the exact weekdays they give out offers and rejections.
    That's based on both mine and my classmates' personal experience, and the timing of people posting news of their offers/rejections on the LSE 2016 applicants thread. If you don't know enough about the applications process, don't comment on it.

ReputationRep:

I agree with you.

In March, they were unpredictable. The Thursday and Friday rule was over, but they still did 1 day rejections and 1 day offers, however, the days of the week changed randomly between Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. This happened only for the last 3-4 weeks though. The first person who said they got an offer on Tuesday or Wednesday (dont remember which it was), no one believed him until a bunch of other students also said they got offers.

ReputationRep:
    That's based on both mine and my classmates' personal experience, and the timing of people posting news of their offers/rejections on the LSE 2016 applicants thread. If you don't know enough about the applications process, don't comment on it.
    I know more than you that's for sure. More people get accepted on december, it's common sense.

ReputationRep:
    I know more than you that's for sure. More people get accepted on december, it's common sense.
    >claims to know more than me
    >appeals to common sense

Common sense based on what? The dates at which other unis send out offers? Personal experience? The idea that getting a response later = greater chance that you get an offer?

So you don't know more than me, you're just making an assertion based on what you personally, intuitively believe. Also, saying that "more people get offers" does not mean that all emails sent out by LSE in December are offer emails, as you originally claimed. So perhaps it's worth checking your inbox in December after all.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe more people get accepted in december than rejected, but non of know the exact figures. A bunch do get rejected, so you can't deny that for sure. Just because in your college everyone got an offer in december, doesn't mean it is true for all applicants. Also, people don't always come out telling everyone they got rejected.

>claims to know more than me
    >appeals to common sense

Common sense based on what? The dates at which other unis send out offers? Personal experience? The idea that getting a response later = greater chance that you get an offer?

So you don't know more than me, you're just making an assertion based on what you personally, intuitively believe. Also, saying that "more people get offers" does not mean that all emails sent out by LSE in December are offer emails, as you originally claimed. So perhaps it's worth checking your inbox in December after all.
    I agree with JohnGreek, I also experienced the process and Thursdays and Fridays were the decision days up until the last month, which was March. In March they still used same method, but the days were random for very few weeks. (I even mentioned earlier)

ReputationRep:
    I dont know which rundown school you went to, but in my school there were no rejections in decemeber. Its simply more likely an early reply would be an offer. I mean i don't expect you to understand, seeing as your application may be of the lower quartile.if you know what i mean.
    You do realise that I went to a public school with 20% Oxbridge intake and met my offer for Law, right?

I think that you've proven to us all that you're a petulant child who resorts to insults when he's been continuously proven to be wrong. Come back to me when you've actually read through the entire 2015 and 2016 applicants threads and gone through the entire applications process.

By the way, if you think that your grades are amazing enough to be in what you call the "top quartile" and that that will automatically warrant you an early offer, you're in for a shock. But even if that was true, it still doesn't support your original case, which is that it's impossible to receive emails other than offer ones in December.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 16, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.