Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So gay people are now being targeted by Islamic extremists in their own countries? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rimstone)
    Islamic people are killed in droves in their own country, their country is ripped apart and destroyed but who care when poor innocent western people are dying !! and they even attacked Gays ?!! how dare they. Excuse me if i don't claim to be a victim, since frankly both sides aren't, since we've both done horrible shite to each other, for years. I don't see the difference of a Gay life over the lives lost in the middle east right now, thanks to american and western actions, which is still going on. The fact that ; US drone over 60 civilians every day in Iraq and Afghanistan, Pakistan and Somalia. In the presidency of George W. Bush Jr. more than 3 million Muslims killed in Iraq and Afghanistan.
    America and NATO have killed more than 4 thousands civilians in Libya in 2011 and more than two thousand others in Yemen during 2009 and 2014. means nothing and is in no way why people support ISIS and attack the west, its all due to the islamic book and teaching, which i think now 1.5B people follow. sometimes i wonder if people are ignorant or just plain stupid.

honestly excuse me if i don't shed a tear or change my FB pic to a attention seeking rainbow flag/french falg. With all the people dying and shite around the world, I think I'll just carry on my life, like most people have, and over look it, since i cant do shite and no enough people care to do anything, But spread more hate and start more attacks, may it be from both sides.
    Well done.

You spent a whole paragraph talking about how you dont sympathise with the people killed in this attack because you're more disheartened by the people dying in the middle east.

Whilst claiming you see no difference between these lives lost in FL and ones in the middle east.

:facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cobalt_)
    Well done.

You spent a whole paragraph talking about you dont sympathise with the people killed in this attack because you're more disheartened by the people dying in the middle east.

Whilst claiming you see no difference between these lives lost in FL and ones in the middle east.

:facepalm:
    i think you failed to get the point, that i dont sympathise with both ..... too much death in the world to care really. Im not going to get angry and cry everytime someone is murdered, since like i said it happens everywhere and is most likely happening as we speak. Its sad that this world is full of death and hate, but I guess i'm used to it and so desensitized by it really. I also find it funny when the west, me being a westerner, who really enjoy history,claims to be a major victim, who was harmed with unprovoked attacks.. when you know we go around **** up countries, just ruin them i could go into detail but i won't bother; Iraq, afgan and we tried it in iran before the people had enough,countless other countries, such as libya and syria.Then expect the people from the countries, their families and friends to not do anything ? ,And yes i am blaming the west for its part of fueling terrorism. I'm not ignorant of the things we've done and terrorist have done, both are as bad as each other, both killed innocent people, sadly the west killing way more,with its modern military industrial complex. And both are not victims and i dont shed i tear for any or both.

My main point is on the Op and title, which is somehow trying to depict the west as the victim, how dare islamic terrorist attack the west, when were still attacking and have done for many years, many islamic countries. No side is right and no side really deserve much sympathy . I do accept its a lose to lose so many people IN FL and the middle east, but its happened so long now, that its not new news to me and after years of hearing it i could care less. I mean is this event in any way going to change many peoples lives or view point for more than a year or so ? dont think so .

Its a not so great opinion to hold, but im just being blunt/honest and an arse really.

ReputationRep:
    how dare islamic terrorist attack the west, when were still attacking and have done for many years, many islamic countries.
    Can you name these "many Islamic countries" that "the west" are "still attacking after many years"?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    You can't, so you could save yourself some time by not bothering to do the research. I have a feeling that you are familiar with that concept.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    "It's peaceful because it's peaceful." Strong argument. I bet you win all the debates at school.

Yeah. If you skip several pages.
    Wait, wait, wait, WHAT!?!?!?!

:lolwut: :lolwut: :lolwut: :lolwut: :lolwut: :lolwut: :lolwut:

HUMAN RIGHTS COME FROM THE QURAN??????

That's the most idiotic statement I have read on TSR for a while and God know that I've seen stupid things. :lol:

FYI, the concept of Human Rights was mostly elaborated as a result of the Enlightenments (in the 18th century), during which philosophers, who had mostly left Christianity, tried to elaborate a society organised as a social contract, in which men's life did not revolve around God. The Philosophers were mostly Theists; they believed in a God creator of the Universe - and Man, but who let men alone with the duty to organise themselves. The concept of the Rights of Man was a secularist project and, at the time of its conception, literally against the three main monotheist religions.

How can you still seriously say that after we have had several terrorist attacks of MUSLIM fanatics who have slaughtered innocent people?
    The principles of basic human rights comes from the shariah law: the right to shelter, equality

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raizelcadres)
    You have to understand just because you "beat" a women doesn't mean you're disrespecting them .

So can I beat up your mum?

I'm obviously not disrespecting her, I'm just showing her love in my own way, and remember if you discriminate against my own way of showing love then you're a racist bigot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    "It's peaceful because it's peaceful." Strong argument. I bet you win all the debates at school.

Yeah. If you skip several pages.
    Wait, wait, wait, WHAT!?!?!?!

:lolwut: :lolwut: :lolwut: :lolwut: :lolwut: :lolwut: :lolwut:

HUMAN RIGHTS COME FROM THE QURAN??????

That's the most idiotic statement I have read on TSR for a while and God know that I've seen stupid things. :lol:

FYI, the concept of Human Rights was mostly elaborated as a result of the Enlightenments (in the 18th century), during which philosophers, who had mostly left Christianity, tried to elaborate a society organised as a social contract, in which men's life did not revolve around God. The Philosophers were mostly Theists; they believed in a God creator of the Universe - and Man, but who let men alone with the duty to organise themselves. The concept of the Rights of Man was a secularist project and, at the time of its conception, literally against the three main monotheist religions.

How can you still seriously say that after we have had several terrorist attacks of MUSLIM fanatics who have slaughtered innocent people?
    The principles of basic human rights comes from the shariah law: the right to shelter, equality

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by epage)
    This isn't terrorism in the way people are thinking it is. It was NOT an islamic extremist who performed this attack. He was a homophobic man who also happened to be a muslim.

The father of the shooter said that: "We are saying we are apologising for the whole incident. We weren't aware of any action he is taking. We are in shock like the whole country. This had nothing to do with religion." and that his son "got very angry when he saw two men kissing."

Don't blame muslims, religion, or anything except homophobia.
    This is extremely ignorant. Firstly, this guy pledged allegiance to ISIS before the attack. Secondly, homophobia is deep-rooted in Muslim communities. His homophobia didn't just appear out of nowhere. You are significantly affected by the culture you are brought up in. Islam is every part to blame. It's hardly a secret that the religion isn't very accommodating to gay people, and homophobia in Muslim communities and within Islamic culture is a big problem.

To try and suggest that this attack had nothing to do with Islam is ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eternalhinch)
    Well then isn't it ironic how all the countries run by sharia law rank the worst in the world in terms of human rights.

ReputationRep:

You posted a video of a guy wearing a bow-tie For f*ck sake trying to bring reason to a Quranic verse advocating violence against women which the guy himself said he disagrees with why?

ReputationRep:
    I have made a detailed post explaining to you that the concept of human rights was built against the three religions of the book, and you answered me by basically saying "no it doesn't" and linking to a youtuber who says that it's ok to beat your wife under certain circumstances. smh

Moreover, you say that "equality" is a a right protected under the Sharia. It's a very wrong statement that can be disprove by the simple fact that non-Muslims must pay the Jizya.

I don't know where you got that idea, but stop saying that, you're embarrassing yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    Can you name these "many Islamic countries" that "the west" are "still attacking after many years"?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    You can't, so you could save yourself some time by not bothering to do the research. I have a feeling that you are familiar with that concept.
    Iran (1980, 1987-1988), Libya (1981, 1986, 1989, 2011), Lebanon (1983), Kuwait (1991), Iraq (1991-2011, 2014-), Somalia (1992-1993, 2007-), Bosnia (1995), Saudi Arabia (1991, 1996), Afghanistan (1998, 2001-), Sudan (1998), Kosovo (1999), Yemen (2000, 2002-), Pakistan (2004-) and now Syria.

That just the US, in the last 35 years , but i cant be asked to look for all of them. And how far do i go ? the west attacking the ottoman empire ? ( you can say the ottoman empire attacked the west though since it took over lower spain and some of italy and owned greece for a very long time ; once again showing my point that both side are not the best of victims here ); also not mentioning the CIA, action, like most likely killing king faisal of saudi arabia, who was a pretty sane and decent person, the world would have been a better place with him ... but you know, he was threatening to not sale oil to the west and he could have crippled us. We have done a lot of wrong things to the islamic countries, and islamic terrorist have done a lot fo bad to us as relation, no one will end it, since we like to blame to other side, and attack each other more, making more hate and anger and fuelign radical on both sides.

and how does that minor point, relate to my major view that i dont care ? ..... Im not giving any reason to this attack or anything, if you read my whole post, i think youll understand better. But again, we attacked them, with our modern multi industrial complex, killing millions .. we're no victim here, like the Op titles likes to claim.
    I mean how dare islamic terrorist attack gays in their own country, when were constantly attacking/meddling islamic countries. Like i said i'm not offering justification, just countering your point, on a minor detail on my main point, which is pretty clear. We can cry over this untill some better news come in, so we can argue and cry over that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTechN1304)
    Well then isn't it ironic how all the countries run by sharia law rank the worst in the world in terms of human rights.
    Human rights, women rights, press freedom index etc

ReputationRep:
    Nothing he states in his video is supported by fact. Try again.

ReputationRep:
    (1992-1993, 2007-), Bosnia (1995), Saudi Arabia (1991, 1996), Afghanistan (1998, 2001-), Sudan (1998), Kosovo (1999), Yemen (2000, 2002-), Pakistan (2004-) and now Syria.
    Did you just copy-paste those names? Because the list makes you look like a complete moron.

The US attacked Yemen in 2000? What on earth are you babbling about? The only attack in Yemen in the year 2000 was an Al-Qaeda suicide bombing on the American destroyer USS Cole that was docked at Aden port at the invitation of the Yemenis. So what attack are you talking about?

Bosnia in 1995? The United States intervened in Bosnia, at the request of Bosniak Muslims, to help protect them from fascist Christian Serbians. And yet you call that an attack on a Muslim country? Are you stupid, dishonest or both?

Afghanistan in 1998? You mean the US cruise missile attacks on Al-Qaeda camps after Al-Qaeda bombed two US embassies in Africa? You believe attacking Al-Qaeda is attacking Islam? We conclude from that you are basically an Al-Qaeda supporter.

Saudi Arabia in 1991 and 1996? Again, are you a ****ing moron? In 1990 the United States sent troops into Saudi Arabia at the request of King Fahd to protect the kingdom from a possible invasion from Saddam Hussein's Iraq. 1996? What are you even talking about? The only attack in 1996 in Saudi Arabia was by Al-Qaeda bombing a US barracks filled with troops who were there at the request of the King of Saudi Arabia to protect their country.

By listing all of these as US attacks against Muslim countries, you are demonstrating that you are painfully, achingly ignorant of history and clearly of very low education and intelligence.

QE2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    I have made a detailed post explaining to you that the concept of human rights was built against the three religions of the book, and you answered me by basically saying "no it doesn't" and linking to a youtuber who says that it's ok to beat your wife under certain circumstances. smh

Moreover, you say that "equality" is a a right protected under the Sharia. It's a very wrong statement that can be disprove by the simple fact that non-Muslims must pay the Jizya.

I don't know where you got that idea, but stop saying that, you're embarrassing yourself.

Does she realise that Under the Shari'a that men can witness the same crime as a woman yet his opinion is double of hers?

And that men can marry up to four wives, beat them and have sex with them in any way they want? Can women have up to four husbands or beat their husbands?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thutmose-III)
    Did you just copy-paste those names? Because the list makes you look like a complete moron.

The US attacked Yemen in 2000? What on earth are you babbling about? The only attack in Yemen in the year 2000 was an Al-Qaeda suicide bombing on the American destroyer USS Cole that was docked at Aden port at the invitation of the Yemenis. So what attack are you talking about?

Bosnia in 1995? The United States intervened in Bosnia, at the request of Bosniak Muslims, to help protect them from fascist Christian Serbians. And yet you call that an attack on a Muslim country? Are you stupid, dishonest or both?

Afghanistan in 1998? You mean the US cruise missile attacks on Al-Qaeda camps after Al-Qaeda bombed two US embassies in Africa? You believe attacking Al-Qaeda is attacking Islam? We conclude from that you are basically an Al-Qaeda supporter.

Saudi Arabia in 1991 and 1996? Again, are you a ****ing moron? In 1990 the United States sent troops into Saudi Arabia at the request of King Fahd to protect the kingdom from a possible invasion from Saddam Hussein's Iraq. 1996? What are you even talking about? The only attack in 1996 in Saudi Arabia was by Al-Qaeda bombing a US barracks filled with troops who were there at the request of the King of Saudi Arabia to protect their country.

By listing all of these as US attacks against Muslim countries, you are demonstrating that you are painfully, achingly ignorant of history and clearly of very low education and intelligence.

LOL bro let the guy live. You've already embarrassed him enough.

Here's a link to where the moron got his copy and paste from.

http://time.com/3472277/syria-us-war/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Newsout)
    LOL bro let the guy live. You've already embarrassed him enough.

Here's a link to where the moron got his copy and paste from.

http://time.com/3472277/syria-us-war/
    Interesting. That article mentions all the places the US has had some interaction with Islamic countries, or times when the US itself was attacked, and that fool takes it to mean it is listing US "attacks on Muslim countries".

I suppose when one is as biased and stupid as he is, there's no need to acquire actual historical knowledge. Copy, paste; wash, rinse and repeat. That seems to qualify as research and debate in his mind. I mean, listing those countries as "attacks on Muslim countries" are almost all wrong, or else they essentially say that any attack on Al-Qaeda is an attack on Islam.

He mentions the 1980 Operation Eagle Claw in Iran. The US sent in troops to rescue embassy staff who had been taken hostage by the Mullahs and held for months and months. Apparently Islamist terrorists can do whatever they like, but if the West responds it's "an attack on Islam".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thutmose-III)
    Interesting. That article mentions all the places the US has had some interaction with Islamic countries, or times when the US itself was attacked, and that fool takes it to mean it is listing US "attacks on Muslim countries".

I suppose when one is as biased and stupid as he is, there's no need to acquire actual historical knowledge. Copy, paste; wash, rinse and repeat. That seems to qualify as research and debate in his mind. I mean, listing those countries as "attacks on Muslim countries" are almost all wrong, or else they essentially say that any attack on Al-Qaeda is an attack on Islam.

He mentions the 1980 Operation Eagle Claw in Iran. The US sent in troops to rescue embassy staff who had been taken hostage by the Mullahs and held for months and months. Apparently Islamist terrorists can do whatever they like, but if the West responds it's "an attack on Islam".

I already knew it was a copy and paste from My initial comment as the OP forgot to end the length of stay of the US in Afghanistan as the US troops withdrew in 2014, which was the year that article was written.

How embarrassing. This is why there's a stigma against muslims. They live in the west yet they hate it, condemn the US government, the same US government that killed Islamic terrrorists and dictators like Bin Laden and Sadam Hussein, and when they try and argue of how the US are the real terrorists they embarrass themselves with there ignorance like that idiot did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Newsout)
    I already knew it was a copy and paste from My initial comment as the OP forgot to end the length of stay of the US in Afghanistan as the US troops withdrew in 2014, which was the year that article was written.

How embarrassing. This is why there's a stigma against muslims. They live in the west yet they hate it, condemn the US government, the same US government that killed Islamic terrrorists and dictators like Bin Laden and Sadam Hussein, and when they try and argue of how the US are the real terrorists they embarrass themselves with there ignorance like that idiot did.
    Absolutely, well said.

Also, to depict the US presence in Afghanistan post-2001 as an "attack on Islam" then one has to characterise the Taliban as the true representatives of Islam and the Afghani people. That seems like an extremist position given Afghanistan has an elected government which has in fact been very grateful for US support.

ReputationRep:
    Do you actually believe what you write?

That would be very sad, and proof that the islamic ideology is dangerous and brainwashes people into blind submission.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.