We Have Relocated!

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mypetpikachu)
    Look on the bright side of life...the new ice cream I got yesterday tastes really nice...u guys should try it...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOL don't care jk jk πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Which ice cream is this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

LOL don't care jk jk πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Which ice cream is this?
    The Ben and jerrys' chocolate cookie core..it's the new one...love it...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You go to a private... right..?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes: and i quote a 'high-achieving, top independent girls school, third on the league tables.' After being a student there for 1 and a half years, I can tell you that the school has an awful environment, and has royally f'd me up! Honestly, league tables should not be a way in which the quality of a school is judged, my parents and I made that mistake. Now it is too late to escape the hell of a school that I attend.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ?Hannah)
    Yes: and i quote a 'high-achieving, top independent girls school, third on the league tables.' After being a student there for 1 and a half years, I can tell you that the school has an awful environment, and has royally f'd me up! Honestly, league tables should not be a way in which the quality of a school is judged, my parents and I made that mistake. Now it is too late to escape the hell of a school that I attend.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hmm...I'm starting a private school next year..hopefully that isn't as bad..oh well...u just got another year and then u can leave that place...just take care of ur self..and I'm sure you'll ace ur GCSEs...✌️

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hmm...I'm starting a private school next year..hopefully that isn't as bad..oh well...u just got another year and then u can leave that place...just take care of ur self..and I'm sure you'll ace ur GCSEs...✌️

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not all private schools are like mine, don't worry. Just remember that private schools 'sell' this 'ideal' image of a wonderful, faultless education and environment when you go for an open morning - but, when you attend the school - you realise that it is far from that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your going to a private school !! I wish i did, i want to see how it's like. 😊

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Your going to a private school !! I wish i did, i want to see how it's like. 😊
    Tbh..I'm not looking forward to it..cuz im like a tramp in comparison to everyone there..they're all like really really posh over there...I don't think I'll fit in well..but I'll just use my brothers reputation to get my own reps high...lol..or I might just end up bringing them down..lmao...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I probably sound ungrateful when I talk about my private school. Let me just clarify my reasoning.
    The education is faultless, don't get me wrong.
    However, the students and the teachers are foul - which doesn't help when you are in a highly pressurised environment (cough - my school!)
    But, it doesn't mean that all private schools are like this! I have been to 4 private schools in my life, so I don't really have a well-rounded knowledge of the ins and outs of 'all' private schools in the country. I mean, the last private school that I attended was wonderful, great atmosphere, fantastic people! But, my current private school is the complete opposite.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not all private schools are like mine, don't worry. Just remember that private schools 'sell' this 'ideal' image of a wonderful, faultless education and environment when you go for an open morning - but, when you attend the school - you realise that it is far from that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hmm...I dunno..I think this one might be quite nice cuz my bros go there and they seem pretty happy going there...I dunno...somethings gonna happen...and then something else is gonna happen..and then another thing is gonna happen...and then before I know it...I'll be going to uni...yayyyyy....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Tbh..I'm not looking forward to it..cuz im like a tramp in comparison to everyone there..they're all like really really posh over there...I don't think I'll fit in well..but I'll just use my brothers reputation to get my own reps high...lol..or I might just end up bringing them down..lmao...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOL I'm sure you'll fit in just tell everyone about your ice cream and your banter lol. Also how rude you are to me most of the time jk jk love you really πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ You have a brother i thought you were the only kid - the loner jk jk πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Don't cry πŸ˜’πŸ˜‚

ReputationRep:
    I probably sound ungrateful when I talk about my private school. Let me just clarify my reasoning.
    The education is faultless, don't get me wrong.
    However, the students and the teachers are foul - which doesn't help when you are in a highly pressurised environment (cough - my school!)
    But, it doesn't mean that all private schools are like this! I have been to 4 private schools in my life, so I don't really have a well-rounded knowledge of the ins and outs of 'all' private schools in the country. I mean, the last private school that I attended was wonderful, great atmosphere, fantastic people! But, my current private school is the complete opposite.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I guess it's not just about the name of the school or its status...it mainly depends on the teachers..if they're nice then everything else is just gonna naturally fall in place...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah okay, don't do anything that bad or outrageous! Honestly, if it is an all girls private then keep your head down - if gossip spreads about you then you are f'd; becoming subjected to bullying etc.
    However, if it is a mixed private school then it will be MUCH better, and you should hopefully fit in really well! My cousin went to a mixed private school and had an absolutely wonderful experience! So, it honestly depends. Plus, some people actually enjoy the school in which I attend... Somehow, so it is all a matter of opinion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think the only word to describe it would be 'disgusting.' But my school is more worried about achieving A*'s than of the mental well-being of the students.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That sums it up quite well. But surely they should realise that achieving A* depends on mental well-being too, and ensuring everyone it mentally fit would benefit their league tables, therefore being in their best interests

Look on the bright side of life...the new ice cream I got yesterday tastes really nice...u guys should try it...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Glad to hear it lol

ReputationRep:
    Hmm...I dunno..I think this one might be quite nice cuz my bros go there and they seem pretty happy going there...I dunno...somethings gonna happen...and then something else is gonna happen..and then another thing is gonna happen...and then before I know it...I'll be going to uni...yayyyyy....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Exactly. It's just like I'm not exactly going to 'love' a school where I was bullied for the majority of year nine... I'm not going to 'love' a school where a teacher put my mental health at risk. Like, not saying your school will be like that at all!
    Just expect the worse, and then hopefully you will be pleasantly surprised. Be nice to everyone though - but not fake. Just be a positive person and be yourself!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

LOL I'm sure you'll fit in just tell everyone about your ice cream and your banter lol. Also how rude you are to me most of the time jk jk love you really πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ You have a brother i thought you were the only kid - the loner jk jk πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Don't cry πŸ˜’πŸ˜‚
    Nooo...I've got a house full of people...6 of us...I've got three bros...no sisterπŸ˜ͺ...I don't think my love for ice cream is gonna help...lol...aww...thx...u still think I'm fun....yh...I guess it comes naturally to me to be rude to u...u know..ur just that type of person...lol..jk.luv u 2...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah okay, don't do anything that bad or outrageous! Honestly, if it is an all girls private then keep your head down - if gossip spreads about you then you are f'd; becoming subjected to bullying etc.
    However, if it is a mixed private school then it will be MUCH better, and you should hopefully fit in really well! My cousin went to a mixed private school and had an absolutely wonderful experience! So, it honestly depends. Plus, some people actually enjoy the school in which I attend... Somehow, so it is all a matter of opinion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree this is the same in a state school too. I used to attend a girls school and everyone just bullies you plus they are always looking out for new gossip. Now i go to a state school it's 100 times better. Although I'm going to a different sixth form 😊

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yup..it is a mixed private school...I'll try not to do something bad...haha...my brother is pretty popular with the girls lol...so i guess they would all use me to get to him...lmao...wow...advantages of having a brother...I'm going tomorrow there...and I hv to meet my mentor who is already my brothers friend although she is in my year..lol...so I asked my brother to take me to her although I do already know the way there...so tomorrow's gonna be quite exciting...lol....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree this is the same in a state school too. I used to attend a girls school and everyone just bullies you plus they are always looking out for new gossip. Now i go to a state school it's 100 times better. Although I'm going to a different sixth form 😊
    Yeah, I think a mixed environment is a lot better. The boys and girls just really calm everything down. I am going to be really out there and say something now, which may result in me getting in trouble. But I think at single sex schools there is quite a lot of 'sexual frustration,' I mean if you see the way a group of girls act when there is a male nearby in the school environment... Maybe that's why girls can be rather cruel in a single sex environment. I thought of this a couple of days ago. Interesting to hear your thoughts - as you went to an all girls school also.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nooo...I've got a house full of people...6 of us...I've got three bros...no sisterπŸ˜ͺ...I don't think my love for ice cream is gonna help...lol...aww...thx...u still think I'm fun....yh...I guess it comes naturally to me to be rude to u...u know..ur just that type of person...lol..jk.luv u 2...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol one day i will burn you jk jk πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ imagine that though. I would never burn you. My love to you is too strong LMAO πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ oh wow. Have your bros done their gcse? If you don't mind me asking ( which you won't coz you love me too much lol) what did they / he get?

ReputationRep:
    Exactly. It's just like I'm not exactly going to 'love' a school where I was bullied for the majority of year nine... I'm not going to 'love' a school where a teacher put my mental health at risk. Like, not saying your school will be like that at all!
    Just expect the worse, and then hopefully you will be pleasantly surprised. Be nice to everyone though - but not fake. Just be a positive person and be yourself!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hmm..I'm nice to everyone anyway..lol...apart from nisha..she's an exception..lol.jk...I don't know really know if I'm nice or not...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 20, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.